Cody Sperber Clever Investor

Most Popular Reply

Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 47 votes
10y

@Kris LaursenI listened to the entire call and at NO time did my guy ever ask you to "reach into a 401K" to pay for our mentoring.  In fact he asked you what you were doing to plan for retirement and you said you don't have a plan and "don't have a 401K".  Up until him mentioning the price you were saying the most wonderful things about Clever Investor.

And I understand you had "sticker shock" over the $7,000 investment for our mentoring services, but you shouldn't go onto a forum and make statements that are simply untrue.  We make our students success our priority and strive to go above and beyond for every student that gives us the opportunity to work with them.  We are a small education company that makes fulfillment (not sales) a priority.  Every single mentor on our team is an amazing real estate investor with at least 10 years investing experience and they have all been hand picked and hand trained by me.  I only hire the best of the best...you won't find any $20 an hour phone coaches on my team.  I paid WAAAAAAAY more than $7,000 for my education and that investment paid off big time.

Listen...I know it is easy for people to go online to a forum like this and bash "guru's".  The truth is there are many crappy guru's out there that simply don't care about helping people.  They swipe your credit card and run.  It's complete bullcrap and I also had many bad experiences when I was trying to learn the business.  But there are also some really great educators and mentors out there that do have integrity and do make their students a priority.  Sometimes we have to go through some painful crappy lessons to get to where we want to go in life.  And every successful investor that I know has realized that you can't bring old baggage into new relationships otherwise you may miss out of some great opportunities and I hope that you will give us a chance to help you in other ways if the mentoring is out of your price range.

And for everyone else reading this I give a ton of great education and training away for FREE.  Just go to my youtube channel or follow me on Periscope or Snapchat.  I am an open book and believe that if you help people get to where they want to go...then in return you will get everything you want out of life as well.  @Kris LaursenI will try reaching out to you again so we can have a private conversation about your experience with my staff.

See this reply in the discussion

93 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ogden, UT · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 1 vote
    9y

    We bought into the program and were signed up to meet with a coach but couldn't get our schedules to work after the initial phone call and he became rude and immature so we cancelled with him but kept the videos for $495.

    As I went through the videos I was disgusted to discover that the videos were teaching techniques that were years old and not only not good, but could actually cause problems!. I know it's easy for information to get outdated but video after video was that way! I asked for our money back and, to my surprise, they gave a full refund. 

    Waste of time and waste of money.

    We have joined a different program that I love. The information is updated as needed (laws and marketing tactics change frequently!), there are live events included in the education fee and experts we can go to for guidance or help, and we have free access to the education updates for life. This is so much better than any other program I saw!

  • Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    9y

    Alright, so far I bought into the Mentoring program for $7000 literally everything I saved for the past year.. I think the videos are great, almost finished with module 4. Will be back in the next few days to see how the mentoring goes. Starting off really slow after the purchase, I was talking to the mentor a few days a week and now there is nothing. It is making me very scared if I made the right choice. I was also told I would be talking to Cody himself, I know that seems far fetched, but I guess I was hopeful.

  • New Orleans, LA · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    @Bryant Boyang Lee When did you join the mentor program? Have you restored communication with your mentor again?? I'm very interested in knowing how this is working out for you. Please keep us posted with as much detail as possible...

  • New Orleans, LA · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    @Alysa Kowalsky I sent you a note.

  • Wholesaler · Alcoa, TN · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    I am getting emails with You (Cody) and Preston. You guys are great talkers. I've chose not to pay too much for educating personally. I've read books. Watched free video's from many of you guru's. I've rehabbed about 10 houses the last 2 years and will do abut 10 this year. I'm not that smart and I'll make top 2% kind of money without buying in to these up sell programs. I'm lucky I had enough for a couple houses already to get me rolling. Even with money it isn't easy to get deals. If I were in your shoes and super successful real estate investors, I would train people for almost nothing. I would take a piece of there deals for a period of time. Walk them through the deals. Build a team of wholesalers in many cities getting a cut. I would have been open to that if it had been out there. I don't mind paying like a bunch of folks. They want the real deal. It's hard to tell who the real deal is when at every corner someone is asking for a bunch of money. I know there may be pitfalls doing it the way I'm saying. I know people need skin in the game to light a fire. Just not the amounts some of these courses are asking. I hear a bunch of you guru's saying you don't make a living with the education that you make it investing. I find it hard to believe you guys aren't makin a killing. Which you have the right to do. Just don't act like your out for the betterment of mankind. You guys are hungry wolves looking to feed. Maybe I'm wrong and the mirror doesn't challenge your motives because they are pure?? I hope so.  Only you and God truly know. Somebody restore my faith in MAN!! If your out there?

  • New york, NY · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    9y

    @Cody Sperber I'm hearing way more good than bad reviews, might have to check out your material sir

  • Huntington Beach, CA · Member since 2012 · 73 posts · 57 votes
    8y

    Here's a resource for buying previously owned/gently used guru stuff.

    https://www.ebay.com/sch/successguys/m.html?_nkw=&...

  • Lender · Granite Bay, CA · Member since 2014 · 456 posts · 454 votes
    8y

    I know I'm coming in late on this post, and there have already been some great answers.  I run an 1,100 member real estate investing group, and have met hundreds of people from bigger pockets and other locations.  Many of these people have spent thousands, sometimes $5,000 to even $50,000 on courses, mentoring, coaching, etc...  I have yet to meet anyone who has spent large amounts of money, who is also out there doing the business successfully.  As a matter of fact, most of them tell me they have never made a dime after the courses, mentoring, and coaching.  

    You don't need to pay someone to teach you any of this.  Read here on BP's, ask questions to people who are already doing it, and network on and offline with people who can mentor and/or help you.  I helped a wholesaler a year ago who was struggling, and I did it for free. He made close to $200K his first year.  This is not difficult.  Wholesaling is exceptionally easy to do, and after you have done it once you will understand the concept.  Flipping is more advanced, but flipping is not that difficult.  The hard part with flipping, wholesaling, and wholetailing, is finding the properties and finding the money.  You can solve both of these problems and meet everyone you need to meet for free right here on BP's and by going to real estate investor meetings.  

    I am not a fan of "Gurus" and there are a lot of people out there who want to take your money, when there is nothing they will teach you that you can't learn for free.  If someone offers to mentor you or coach you for a fee, ask them for the name and phone number of the last 10 people they have mentored or coached.  Ask them how many deals they closed over the last year, and ask for proof.  I have met a number of "gurus" who have only flipped a few homes, or have never flipped, and they are just selling courses and training.  If they won't give you names and numbers of 10 of their past clients, they don't have 10 satisfied clients!  If they won't give you proof of their deals and success, they probably have not had much.  

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Nashville, TN · Member since 2018 · 23 posts · 24 votes
    8y

    Man if you even have a hint of shade about you, you gonna be found out on the BP blog! If I was gonna blow money on anyone's program it'd be Phil's FM. He's a true teacher and you can hear his heart. There's nothing scam-like in what he does, and there's nothing cheesy/salesman like either. Some on these other cats look and sound like absolute jokers. Hopefully they're not...but their slick salesman branding/image isn't helping them. At all. I ain't paying them so I'll never know.

  • Littleton, CO · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    @Account ClosedWhat program is Phil's FM? 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Nashville, TN · Member since 2018 · 23 posts · 24 votes
    8y

    @Larry Heinen Freedom Mentor is what it's called. But I've changed my opinion a bit on that as well. 6k dollars plus 50% on every deal you do up to your first 500k. You can learn this on your own and find a real mentor (like...one you can actually meet and talk to in person) in your own market and go at it just as aggresively as these gurus. These programs are meticulously designed to sell sell sell. 

  • Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    Hi guys!

    I recently bought the Cody Sperber's fast track 2.0 program.  I must say its been a pleasure working with them.  I have a guy who calls me every week and talks to me, gives advice and I feel genuinely wants to see me succeed. I am excited to have purchased the program and can see the value of their information.  The base cost was $297.  I purchased their M5 marketing system as well for $296.  I feel confident that the "system" they sell is worth every penny.  I will keep this thread updated as time goes on.  If you have questions about it, feel free to contact me.

    -Nick

  • Developer · Bowie, MD · Member since 2017 · 110 posts · 22 votes
    8y

    @ Teaeli Anderson

     Any updates from you or any of the folks who took the training by Cody Sperber.  I just heard of the training and did a search on BP and found the discussions.

    I have not check it out, only heard a commercial on fb, i think .. but I have paid money for others that did not come through on the promise.  So I would like to hear from some honest answers from some folks who have purchased the course and have learned and made money from it.

    Thanks in advance for any feedback.    Tracy

  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 63 posts · 55 votes
    8y

    Clevor Investor Fast Track was the first resource I found in my journey.  The $297 is a drop in the bucket and the resources were good.  I will not put money into a mentor such as that, but have used that information well.

    I have BP shortly after and use their Pro services more and feel it has tremendous value on an almost daily basis. I will continue my use of BP and only use Clevor Investor sparingly for review.

    Clevor Investor Fast Track material is solid for the money and really helped me understand REI business set-up, structure and action points. I would buy the $297 deal again if I was doing it again from scratch.

    Information is great, but if you don't know how to apply it properly then it doesn't matter how golden that information is!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.