Has anyone done Cody Sperber's mentoring? Was it worth the cost?
@Kris LaursenI listened to the entire call and at NO time did my guy ever ask you to "reach into a 401K" to pay for our mentoring. In fact he asked you what you were doing to plan for retirement and you said you don't have a plan and "don't have a 401K". Up until him mentioning the price you were saying the most wonderful things about Clever Investor.
And I understand you had "sticker shock" over the $7,000 investment for our mentoring services, but you shouldn't go onto a forum and make statements that are simply untrue. We make our students success our priority and strive to go above and beyond for every student that gives us the opportunity to work with them. We are a small education company that makes fulfillment (not sales) a priority. Every single mentor on our team is an amazing real estate investor with at least 10 years investing experience and they have all been hand picked and hand trained by me. I only hire the best of the best...you won't find any $20 an hour phone coaches on my team. I paid WAAAAAAAY more than $7,000 for my education and that investment paid off big time.
Listen...I know it is easy for people to go online to a forum like this and bash "guru's". The truth is there are many crappy guru's out there that simply don't care about helping people. They swipe your credit card and run. It's complete bullcrap and I also had many bad experiences when I was trying to learn the business. But there are also some really great educators and mentors out there that do have integrity and do make their students a priority. Sometimes we have to go through some painful crappy lessons to get to where we want to go in life. And every successful investor that I know has realized that you can't bring old baggage into new relationships otherwise you may miss out of some great opportunities and I hope that you will give us a chance to help you in other ways if the mentoring is out of your price range.
And for everyone else reading this I give a ton of great education and training away for FREE. Just go to my youtube channel or follow me on Periscope or Snapchat. I am an open book and believe that if you help people get to where they want to go...then in return you will get everything you want out of life as well. @Kris LaursenI will try reaching out to you again so we can have a private conversation about your experience with my staff.
Hi Lydia, @Lydia I have his Professional with the new M5 and it does have a ton of information and everything you need to be successful. First of all I am not a sales agent for Cody Sperber but I will tell you about my experience so that you can make a more informed decision whether to purchase his more expensive program. This is going to be long.
First I would like to say welcome to BP and I moved to Atlanta from Memphis 3 years ago.
Now, the Cody Sperber program like many others out there have some great info and give good guidance and steps to become a productive real estate investor. But this is the most important thing you need to know, IT DEPENDS ON YOU. I've tried several other programs like his program but I chose Cody's because of his teaching style, which was fun and easy to follow and at the time the M5 was the bomb. It's still good because I still use it. I have websites, landing pages, text messaging and lots of other good stuff. But at the end of the day your drive, determination and knowledge of the business is what will help you to become a good investor. Understand that this will be like college; you have to study to become confident and skilled at your craft. I dedicated a full 7 months to reading, studying, joining my local REIA, joining networking groups, and going to every FREE seminar to take notes to put my own unique plan together.
You are going to come across many here on BP that will tell you that all the information you need to be successful in real estate is free on this site and not to pay a real estate guru. Yes that's true but as a new person all of the information you need to know can be a bit overwhelming. By all means use all of the tools BP has to offer and you can even use the forum to ask questions and get answers. You can also get your deals sold on BP, this is how I got my first two deals. But having a mentor can shorten your learning curve and get you paid quicker, in my opinion, but it still all depends on you. How bad do you want to be a real estate investor and how hard are you willing to study and build relationships with the right people. Often the difference between poverty and wealth can be the amount of knowledge you possess and the circles in which you reside.
I was seeking the free way for a long time, but as soon as I started paying for the several programs I started getting more confident and things started happening because I was implementing the steps that the programs were telling me to do. So the chose is yours, chase the free stuff without guidance, which could take longer or pay someone to put you on the path and guide you along the way to get paid quicker. Look at it as your first, and most important monetary investment. The investment in YOU.
I just paid for a mentor 2 weeks ago, I’ve committed 4 written offers and will be getting 1 out of 4 under contract tomorrow.
Since you are a home girl PM me and we can talk some more. My son works with a very active Real Estate investor there in Memphis plus we can talk about a strategy my son and I are planning. I am very sure this can benefit all of us if you are serious. PM me.
PS: To be truly successful you must become a good marketer.
I just recently got the "my first million" program and I had a game plan call not to long ago with one of his team members. I don't know if it was me not asking enough questions but I felt kind of cheated. I'm completely new to the real estate investing world and I kind of wanted more help on where to start. I was really excited and looking forward to Cody Sperber team to help me setup an actual game plan to help me get on the right track in starting a career/business in real estate investing but I'm still left in the position to figure out what my next move should be phase. I don't feel like that call help me at all. Don't get me wrong the materials that are provided is very informative but I guess I was looking for a more guided approach when it came down to that call and also some one being there if needed (I was told that the call was a one time deal after getting through the first two modules and to call back once I was ready to purchase the M5) since I'm completely new to this industry. I'm interested in his mentoring program if that will give me more of the hands on kind of approach I'm looking for but I'm also kind of on the cautious side as well because I don't want spend my money to be left feeling cheated again if it's not what I'm expecting. But once again the materials provided is very informative. I guess I was just expecting more for the amount I had spent.
Just send you a Colleague request
Here's what I'd like to know about ALL of these gurus. Cody claims he's done over 1000 deals. Ok, good for him. I know nothing about Cody's program and I am making no judgments on his program. But all of these gurus claim how successful they are. Then tell me, why in the world are you selling a system? If you're so good at real estate, you don't need to sell products. You're making plenty of money already! It just makes no sense to me. Cody said he only hires the best and most experienced people. Well, why are they working for him, if they're so good at real estate? They should be making boatloads of money on their own! Than Merrill is a good example of this. If he's so successful flipping houses, why is he pitching his nonsense and taking people for thousands and thousands of dollars? But I do know this. The amount of money some people spend on courses and books is mind blowing. If you have $10 or $15k to spend on courses, I strongly suggest you find someone who will help you complete a "real life" deal with that money. What's better than actually doing a deal? That's where you truly learn. That's where you actually see how all of this works. We walk people through deals all the time. Spend your money where you're going to truly make money.
On the other side of the coin, a guru may be what you need. If you want to get into the business and don't have the time to do the research for free, maybe it's worth paying someone. But I certainly wouldn't pay them much. Have them teach you the basics of the business and then "just do it." I had no help when I started. I did it on my own. You have to bust your rear end to be successful in real estate. It's not easy. In fact it's very hard. I would bet you, that 90% of the "newbies" on this site right now, will be gone in less than a year. I see them drop like flies. Many of the gurus fill people minds with the "dream" of making it in real estate. They prey upon unsuspecting people who are looking for a better for life. After a few months in the business, many people realize it's not for them. It's too hard or it takes too much time. That's why I wouldn't spend a lot of money on education. People want a shortcut to success and guess what, there isn't one. If you're not willing to work 60-70 hours a week, every week for a year or two, then you're going into the wrong business. Because that's what it takes to be successful. I'm sorry if I busted your bubble, but I'm a realist. That's the reality of this business! Good luck to all.
Holy crap, $39,000 for a program. Hell, for free, you can come do a internship for me and I will even pay you. You will learn how to find deals, renovate them, find tenants, flip them and everything else in the middle. I can't believe someone would spend $39,000 on real estate education. Hell, I learned for free through my local REIA and then started buying houses in 2007 for my own portfolio and sort of just figured it and over time became very good at it. My 4 yr degree cost $42,000. I suggest if someone is going to spend $39k, just get a college degree, it will be far more useful when you find out that 39k is a sham.
@CodySperber One of his team members called me yesterday. I feel like it would be a great investment. It starts off a little pricey but what you get will be worth it. They do much more then mentoring. They help setup your business and your website. I have been looking into this for a long time and I see this would be different from the other programs. I am currently trying to close on a mortgage for myself. Afterwards I plan on getting a credit card that offers at least 12 months zero percent interest. I know I will be able to pay it off in time. You could do all the free studying you want. I believe this is the quickest way to get in the business. At the same time you might even get a couple more thousand dollars with each deal if you use them. I know 7k is a little expensive at first. I was told I also had to pay 2k after the first deal. Either way, I find it a "clever investment."
One person asked why would a guru type company sell products when they are making so much money?
Talking in generalities some of them have a "partner program". So what they do is send out thousands to tens of thousands of these newer investors all across the country to try and find "a deal". Doing that is the hardest part and takes a lot of time,effort,and energy.
In this way the Guru can lets the ants (investors) do a ton of the grunt work and then bring them a deal they can plow cash into and take 50% of the upside.
The infrastructure and employees needed for new investors to pay 250 a pop upfront is not practical to churn much profit as a business. Partnering on deals, expensive mentor ship programs etc. are other revenue generators.
I always think it's funny when the people on Facebook get all excited that some guru is going to make them a millionaire with a free course! lol
It really is preying on the naive and vulnerable. Many guru's know these people do not have a nickel to their names but they have credit cards and ways of getting money out of them. When the person finds out it is hard work they are left with 2,000 to 10,000 in debt to pay off on a limited income and further in the hole then when they started.
An investor getting started might go work for someone highly successful IN THEIR LOCAL AREA they want to invest in. Also another way is to attend the local REIA meetings to build relationships.
I have seen the guru types doing this stuff for decades. It's just packaging a program and then they talk about "the one" grand slam they hit and the potential is amazing.
It's not a business I want to be in. Not all guru's but some sell their soul for the almighty dollar. You watch them first start out and then years later they are divorced and no longer talking to their kids and former wives etc, The love of money has ruined them and obscured what truly matters in life.
@Joel Owens somehow this guy got on my facebook page.. ( the one I use to see pics of friends and grandkids etc).. he shows his Lambo... LOL like he made the money flipping houses to buy all his toys.. he is making it selling the guru stuff.. to newbies end of that discussion.
there simply are not enough deals in most US markets to go around to all the hundreds of thousands of folks that want to get started wholesaling.. the inventory simply is not there.
I came upon this thread and thought i would share my experience. I have been following Cody for years now. I myself have been in the real estate world for almost 20 years. Mostly as a lender and owner of a mortgage bank, now an investor and a licensed agent. One day years ago, I dug into some of his videos and learned things i thought i should try and see what happens. I implemented some of those things and did some deals and VERY lucrative deals to say the least. I sold my interest in my mtg bank a few years ago to pursue full time real estate investing. I have made great money with less work than the mortgage industry. Following Cody either on FB, periscope, twitter and youtube has been a plus for me. I feel like I have great knowledge from my background but never too proud to learn something I may not know.
I inquired on his programs to see what else is involved and I will say if you are new in the industry for what you all get, its a good program. If I were fresh in the industry I would at least get his programs that i think are around $297? Its cheap learning and I will say he does lay it out there if you want ideas on what to do. I found the way he gets his points across on his videos are creative and fun to keep a person focused.
I have my real estate license and I invest and I see nothing wrong with his techniques. Everyone has opinions and also there are some people that think if the buy its an instant ticket to riches. That is far from that. I had employees I gave the tools to, but they lacked the desire. You cannot force desire into people so they fail. When they fail they blame others. Anyway, I like being a part of BP and good luck on all this.
I came upon this thread and thought i would share my experience. I have been following Cody for years now. I myself have been in the real estate world for almost 20 years. Mostly as a lender and owner of a mortgage bank, now an investor and a licensed agent. One day years ago, I dug into some of his videos and learned things i thought i should try and see what happens. I implemented some of those things and did some deals and VERY lucrative deals to say the least. I sold my interest in my mtg bank a few years ago to pursue full time real estate investing. I have made great money with less work than the mortgage industry. Following Cody either on FB, periscope, twitter and youtube has been a plus for me. I feel like I have great knowledge from my background but never too proud to learn something I may not know.
I inquired on his programs to see what else is involved and I will say if you are new in the industry for what you all get, its a good program. If I were fresh in the industry I would at least get his programs that i think are around $297? Its cheap learning and I will say he does lay it out there if you want ideas on what to do. I found the way he gets his points across on his videos are creative and fun to keep a person focused.
I have my real estate license and I invest and I see nothing wrong with his techniques. Everyone has opinions and also there are some people that think if the buy its an instant ticket to riches. That is far from that. I had employees I gave the tools to, but they lacked the desire. You cannot force desire into people so they fail. When they fail they blame others. Anyway, I like being a part of BP and good luck on all this.
@Alex Craig I am interested in your offer for an internship if it's still available. I am new to REI and I know that I need a local mentor. Your offer sounds like an amazing opportunity.
@Faith Wicks the internship was made more tongue in cheek then anything else simply to magnify how insane it is for anyone to pay large sums to some silly guru or fraudulent university. That being said, I am considering some sort of internship program. Probably in 3 months.
@Alex Craig ok, thank you for replying!
BP vs Cody Sperber BP wants you to buy it's products as well LOL so BP hates Cody Sperber because Cody has a money back guarantee BP has no money back guarantee (but RE has no guarantee in the end). It's all up to you if you invest in your education you will be better off in the end.
Im currently taking his class and have been for almost a month. I've learned a lot and I'm working on my first deal right now! The only think i dislike about the program is the amount of guidance you get from the mentors. My "mentor" only called me twice and i haven't heard from them in over a week. Now that I got a deal going on, and am stuck, and I have no one to turn too but the videos in the program. Even with the videos, this particular lead is pretty unique and they didn't cover it in the program. All i could do now is wing it and hope for the best.
I just recently got the "my first million" program and I had a game plan call not to long ago with one of his team members. I don't know if it was me not asking enough questions but I felt kind of cheated. I'm completely new to the real estate investing world and I kind of wanted more help on where to start. I was really excited and looking forward to Cody Sperber team to help me setup an actual game plan to help me get on the right track in starting a career/business in real estate investing but I'm still left in the position to figure out what my next move should be phase. I don't feel like that call help me at all. Don't get me wrong the materials that are provided is very informative but I guess I was looking for a more guided approach when it came down to that call and also some one being there if needed (I was told that the call was a one time deal after getting through the first two modules and to call back once I was ready to purchase the M5) since I'm completely new to this industry. I'm interested in his mentoring program if that will give me more of the hands on kind of approach I'm looking for but I'm also kind of on the cautious side as well because I don't want spend my money to be left feeling cheated again if it's not what I'm expecting. But once again the materials provided is very informative. I guess I was just expecting more for the amount I had spent.
My first million program came with bonuses. In one of the bonuses there is a first 30 days PDF file. You should check that out. Maybe you didn't receive it?
I received it when I opted in to try the $97 monthly pro membership free for 30 days.
That seems like it would be helpful. Each day has detailed steps to take. Unless you mean what do you do after that??
@Amanda Davis I opted in for the $97 monthly pro membership as well. I just haven't explored everything it has to offer. I received a lot of bonuses when I got the My First Million program so maybe I have that PDF file. I will look and see if that will help out. Thank you for the suggestion.
@Tony Zheng i just looked and you are not a mentoring student. You purchased one of our training systems and with that investment you received one free game planning call with Angelo. That is a free service we offer to help support the training system you received. If you want ongoing mentoring you would have to apply. Sorry if there was any confusion and good luck on your deal!!!!
This program has changed my life. It is the real deal. I have completed the Platinum program, a URC as well as the Masters Program. I am now a Student Leader. I would be happy to answer any question that anyone has in regards to the program. Please feel free to reach out and I will give you my phone number.
I will tell you that from my personal experience Cody Sperbers group have been awesome. My development coach knows Ive been going thru some financial troubles and he gifted a portion of the program to me. I will say that they are extremely helpful at clever investor. Yes the mentoring may be expensive but for education how much would you pay for a lifetime of knowledge in this undustry. If i had the money id love to get coaching from him but its out of my range right now but again theres so many free vidoes he does. Trust me Cody sperber knows what hes doing and how to help.
@Jeff Dean Just curious, how did it turn out for you?
My husband and I purchased the course for $495 with Cody Sperber and Josh Altman, then we are registered to take the entire course with their "lab class" in person out in Phoenix, AZ. We've paid $2200 down and the entire course is $22K.
We had a wholesale deal to literally fall in our laps unexpectedly, so I called to see if they could help us with that before taking the classes. I was told the person would call us back the next day. That was May 15th. Yesterday I left a VM asking what is going on and why no further contact. Stating if we don't hear back within 48 hours we wanted a refund of the $2200 and weren't working with them. So far as of today no contact at all from them. Where before we had been speaking a couple times weekly. My red flags are up for sure.