Rich Dad "Advanced Training" seminars?

Rich Dad "Advanced Training" seminars?

Real Estate Investor · Eugene, OR · Member since 2008 · 10 posts · 8 votes

Has anyone taken the plunge and attended any of the "Advanced Training" courses put on by the Rich Dad Education company? Last fall I attended a three day seminar put on by Rich Dad Education, but because of the steep price (and some mental red flags that went up during the seminar), I declined to sign up for any of them.

The first warnings started sounding as things got underway the first day when we were forbidden to network with anyone during or outside of the classroom, we weren't to challenge any of the ideas of the instructor, nor were we to conduct "research" on our own by using the Internet. They also wanted to protect their "proprietary" information, so they wouldn't allow you to record any of the sessions. Note taking, it seems, doesn't seem to threaten that.

I later came to find out that the Rich Dad Education seminars were essentially repackaged Russ Whitney products, and many people feel scammed by the whole process.

I understand that the basic training seminar is mostly motivational in nature and is designed essentially to upsell the attendee into purchasing one of the "advanced training" seminars that deal with a specific area of investing, anywhere from wholesaling to large development deals.

The basic training courses are $495, and if you can withstand/ignore the high pressure sales tactics, I felt that I did actually receive my money's worth in terms of knowledge and useful information. But the advanced courses range anywhere from $7,000 all the way up to $45,000, if memory serves. That seems like a ton of money, but if it's something that returns your "investment" back to you in increased profits from doing better RE deals, then I would assume most would feel the high cost would be worth it.

My question is, has anyone attended any of these courses, and if so, do yo feel that you got your money's worth by attending? I see precious little information anywhere on the Web regarding reviews of these more expensive training courses.

Perhaps attendees sign contracts forbidding them from talking about their experiences? I figured this would be the place to find out.

Todd

2Reply
536 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 447 votes
18y

Understand that the Rich Dad Seminars is a marketing company. They give you a “free†seminar so that you’ll buy the $495 class, the $495 course is used to sell you $7,000 advanced course. The advanced course is designed to sell you the mentoring program. It’s all about upselling, they want you to believe that you will find out the success “secret†at the next class. The reality is that you learn by doing, did you learn how to ride a bike by going to a seminar? No, you learned by falling down and skinning your knees, then you got up and did it again. Education classes are your training wheels but until you actually get out there and do it you will not learn how to really be successful.

:cool:

See this reply in the discussion

202 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · North Central Arkansas · Member since 2009 · 509 posts · 178 votes
    16y
    Originally posted by Miguel Servet:
    Anyone know of real training in this area? I'm sure most of you own your own corporations... I wanted to go non-profit to help families learn to budget and get out of debt.

    Thanks!


    I don't think you need training to accomplish your goals, you need a good CPA and some people that are as passionate about your goals as you are, along with a business plan.

    There is business plan software nowadays that will walk you through it step by step and ask questions that you most likely have not thought of. Business Plan Pro is one you might want to look into. Most business' fail because they either don't have a plan or fail to use the one they created.

    Jeff



  • Real Estate Investor · NJ · Member since 2009 · 24 posts · 0 votes
    16y

    i am in the advanced training now. and it cost a pretty penny, which i must say i do regret in some ways. i decided to take the "package" that has 3 courses and opted for doing 2 courses online so far (they include the ability to attend the same courses in person too if you want w/in a 2 year period).

    they use adobe connect for their e-learning and i feel that the combination of quality of teacher, teaching materials, and use of technology are important in the outcome of the class. well one instructor is fabulous at teaching and uses the technology well, the class materials aren't so bad either (provided by the company so the teacher has no choice).

    the other instructor, however, is AWFUL. i can't say i learned anything that even the BACK blurb of a book could teach you. he was repetitive, offered little useful information, and seemed to permanently be off-topic.

    the advanced training in my opinion is at least 3x more in price than can be justified, and even when learning useful information with a great teacher, i wouldn't say it's all you need to be on your way to becoming an investor. it definitely sets you up but it sets you up to be a newbie - i can't tell you how many people posted on the tigrent discussion boards (formerly WIA) with their new websites and business card designs after the first couple classes (doing so was our "homework"). it was like a flood of "i buy houses" .coms, which is a great effort, but to me also an unfortunate aftermath of misguided investors-in-training.

    all in all of the 2 classes i took so far, it was a 50% disappointment (because of the instructor) and definitely way more expensive than its worth. i plan on attending the 3rd class because i paid for it, and i also eventually plan on attending the 2 e-courses in person in the future, but there is no doubt that i will be reading, researching, and investing in more affordable education to bolster my knowledge (books, tapes, etc) beyond what this training has given me.

    in fact, i am currently looking into al aiello's goldmine tax program and trying to find out if that is really worth the money -- i would be grateful if anyone had any info to offer. also, i am happy to answer questions about my RDPD experiences and thoughts. i tried hard to find useful reviews and accounts of others' experiences before opting in for the training, but didn't find the type of info i was looking for, so i hope to offer a useful personal account to anyone who is considering it themselves.

  • Real Estate Investor · North Central Arkansas · Member since 2009 · 509 posts · 178 votes
    16y
    Originally posted by tinarei:
    in fact, i am currently looking into al aiello's goldmine tax program and trying to find out if that is really worth the money -- i would be grateful if anyone had any info to offer. also, i am happy to answer questions about my RDPD experiences and thoughts. i tried hard to find useful reviews and accounts of others' experiences before opting in for the training, but didn't find the type of info i was looking for, so i hope to offer a useful personal account to anyone who is considering it themselves.

    Before buying anymore courses I would HIGHLY suggest you hang around this site and soak in as much info as you can. I would also recommend not trying to do to many strategies at one time. Read through the articles and forums and ask as many questions as you need and in 6 months I can guarantee you'll learn more here for free then you'll learn with all 3 of the RD courses.

    That said, I think your review of the RD program will be helpful to a lot of people. Welcome to BP, stick around...you'll be glad you did.

    Jeff

  • Real Estate Investor · NJ · Member since 2009 · 24 posts · 0 votes
    16y

    thanks jeff, i wasn't planning on pulling the trigger any time soon i don't think. i've slowed down on my education because i was definitely knee deep in 20 different things and it wasn't a healthy way of progressing.

    right now my goal is to set up (or re setup) my business entity in an asset- and tax-intelligent way. but i do appreciate your advice, and i definitely think that slowing down and immersing myself in sites like this is the best way to proceed.

    looking forward to what lays ahead...

    ~T

  • Investor · Clarkston, MI · Member since 2009 · 72 posts · 48 votes
    16y

    I couldn't agree more. I started by reading books, some of which were from the RDPD series. I didn't learn much from his books, but his "success stories" were motivating in themselves. I began picking up books that were relative to real estate investing, and not fluffed up stories about someone else's success. I learned about establishing an LLC, creative financing, and tax law. Some of this was very dry, but taught me a ton of useful information.
    I took the plunge on my first deal after discovering that a co-worker of mine had already been operating a vacation rental. I think that because I now knew someone who was doing what I wanted to do, it made it easier. Little did he know, he was now my mentor. :) In less than three years, I now have two vacation rentals, and four residential rental properties.
    Educate yourself. Find good people to converse with, and take it slow. As you learn from each deal, you will be that much more successful on the next. That't not to say that it will all be very easy, but learning the hard way is still learning in my book.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2009 · 20 posts · 1 vote
    16y

    Hello All! I can't believe I just spent my Sunday morning reading this thread! I couldn't help it! lol! All in all, I realize that education is important but at some point, Action is required!...I just came back from a Millionaire Maker Summit in LA and I must have told everyone I met about Bigger Pockets. I am also Happy to report that I did not buy anything! I did get lots on info and even more ....i was inspired! RDPD is a great book! I read it years ago and am in the middle of reading it again. If anything, it will keep me on tract as far as making sure I buy assets instead of liabilities! I also attended a FREE RDPD workshop but I did not buy the 3 day $500 course. (I knew that I already have enough knowledge to start without spending any more money.
    Till next time! Happy Investing!

  • Real Estate Investor · Arvada, CO · Member since 2009 · 68 posts · 5 votes
    16y

    I took the three day course, I have read MANY of the books buy Robert Kiyosaki he has motivated me to do something other then work for a living. But I feel like everyone of the books and the course teach you just enough to know what to do yet not enough to do it. At the three day course it was mainly you can make $30k on this deal and no less than $10k on this type of deal rather than everything I need to know to get from A to 10K. I would like to go to the advanced trainings just not right now.

  • Real Estate Investor · LA Area, CA · Member since 2009 · 40 posts · 0 votes
    16y

    Wow....Lots of Naysayers out there. I'd like to hear success stories from anyone who learned Real Estate Investing from ONLY a forum or a REIA.

  • Lexington, KY · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    16y
    Originally posted by Irwin DeVries:
    Wow....Lots of Naysayers out there. I'd like to hear success stories from anyone who learned Real Estate Investing from ONLY a forum or a REIA.


    Irwin,

    I have not bought a single guru package, attended any seminars, or anything of the sort. I started out by reading everything I could get my hands on...books from the library, forums, newspaper articles, etc. I then found an investor in my area and got in good with him. He taught be a lot. I am currently finishing up my agent certification in my home state, while working several deals at the same time. Everything that is taught by the "gurus" can be learned for free or the price of a library membership and some networking. The one positive about gurus is they get people pumped up about real estate and making money, lucky for me, I was already plenty motivated. They also capitalize on peoples fear by helping them feel better about getting out there.

    I am not saying you cannot learn from these type of things, but save the money for your first deal!

    Just my two cents

    --James

  • Real Estate Investor · North Central Arkansas · Member since 2009 · 509 posts · 178 votes
    16y
    Originally posted by Irwin DeVries:
    Wow....Lots of Naysayers out there. I'd like to hear success stories from anyone who learned Real Estate Investing from ONLY a forum or a REIA.

    I have not taken "Advanced Training" from them so I cannot comment on the quality of the material...I will however bash their prices all day long. I don't care how good the material is, they are over priced and there are many many options out there that you can receive quality information for 1/4 the price.

    I am a strong supporter of BP and I think that if someone dedicates them self to this site (which is free) they will learn a huge amount of information on pretty much any REI subject. There are REAL investors here that make their money investing, not selling course material...and yes that applies to the people on here that have course material for sale as well.

    If someone wants to learn all they have to do is post a question on the forum and start a dialog with the huge group of readily available investors. This is not some marketing statement, this is real world and I stand to gain $0.00 by voicing my thoughts to you...and I do mean thoughts and not opinion because this is a fact that I see on a daily basis here.

    There are courses out there that have very good information and ones out there that are flat out bogus. If a course is good and fairly priced, people will discuss it on here and give it good reviews...I don't think the RD material fits that mold.

    Jeff

  • Rental Property Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2009 · 624 posts · 559 votes
    16y

    I wish I had a dollar for all of the "investors" who continue to purchase courses and serially attend bootcamps... thinking that by buying the next one they will then have enough knowledge to do a deal. And, yet they never do!

    If you find yourself in that situation...STOP... spending money!

    There is something else going on that is stopping you from pulling the trigger on a deal. Figure it out, fix it and then start spending money on actually purchasing a deal.

    Also, as recommended in almost every post in this thread... spend a lot of time on BP absorbing this wealth of information and asking questions.

    And... if after all of that you still can't pull the trigger your options are to engage someone (a mentor) to drag you through a deal... or perhaps just realilze that maybe in spite of what the gurus tell you... this business is not for everyone.

    Best of luck to everyone!

  • Real Estate Investor · LA Area, CA · Member since 2009 · 40 posts · 0 votes
    16y

    James,

    I did the same thing you did as far as reading everything I could. I started in 2004 and did pretty well but it wasn't going as fast as I wanted it to. Sounds like you found a good mentor to teach you more. I think that's the best way if you can find investors willing to mentor or who are at the stage in their investing where they can mentor.

    Jeff,

    I'm not convinced BP can be used exclusively for learning all the real estate investing strategies in detail. I was reading a post yesterday where an investor had 3 SFR's. Two were neg cash flow and one was positive making 6% ROI. He was asking if he should sell them or keep them. HUH!? Keep a neg cash flow? And only making 6% ROI. Those are the mistakes I was making before Rich Dad Advanced training. Now, my two properties are positive making 30% ROI and we just put two more under contract that will have infinite ROI because they are zero down.

    Peter,

    I agree, don't be a seminar junkie. I've been doing deals since 2004. I've just been doing much better deals since Rich Dad Advanced Training.

    Guys, I'm not saying everyone should take RD classes or any other classes for that matter. Yea, it costed me $20k for the classes but these four properties will cash flow a total of $1500 a month. So it doesn't matter, the classes will be paid for in a year. It just amazes me how some people won't spend money on education. Didn't anyone go to college? That wasn't free either! LOL!

  • Real Estate Investor · Arvada, CO · Member since 2009 · 68 posts · 5 votes
    16y

    I believe a mentor is key. Most Gurus programs include them. They get you over the hurdles one first faces. You can read, learn, go to seminars but unless you act on the training and education nothing will happen. That is where mentors come in.

  • Real Estate Investor · LA Area, CA · Member since 2009 · 40 posts · 0 votes
    16y
    Originally posted by Aaron Mund:
    I believe a mentor is key. Most Gurus programs include them. They get you over the hurdles one first faces. You can read, learn, go to seminars but unless you act on the training and education nothing will happen. That is where mentors come in.


    I totaly agree! We purchased 4 Advanced training and a mentor. Not only did I attend the training and mentor but my wife did also. It accellerated the learning process for us and we are well on our way. We have access to them when we need them. Like you said. The key is taking action. There are RD students who are not acting on the training. Hence not successful in this business. My biggest hurdle is finding the time to do all the deals. LOL! So many opportunities out there.
  • Real Estate Investor · OH · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    16y

    Those that can - DO! Those that can't - GURU!

    That's more truth you'll ever hear from any of those silly GURUs! When you hire most gurus, mentors, coaches, etc, - you're hiring someone that can't make it in the real estate business. If they could make it, they wouldn't be screwing around peddling snake oil on the weekends to a bunch of bright eyed wannabes, most of whom they KNOW will NEVER do a single deal!

    Even worse, when you pay for mentoring or coaching by most of the National Gurus, what you're really getting is some minimum wage Putz reading a script to you.

    If you really want to get into this business, then spend some time reading the appropriate forums and ask questions. EVERYTHING there is to know about real estate investing is on BP FOR FREE! Then, once you have a good understanding of the basics, join your local REIA (Real Estate Investors Association) and make friends with the SUCCESSFUL INVESTORS in your area. Your new friends will be happy to help you for free AND they will know your local market!

    That's better than a guru anyday!

  • Real Estate Investor · North Central Arkansas · Member since 2009 · 509 posts · 178 votes
    16y
    Originally posted by Irwin DeVries:
    Jeff,

    I'm not convinced BP can be used exclusively for learning all the real estate investing strategies in detail. I was reading a post yesterday where an investor had 3 SFR's. Two were neg cash flow and one was positive making 6% ROI. He was asking if he should sell them or keep them. HUH!? Keep a neg cash flow? And only making 6% ROI. Those are the mistakes I was making before Rich Dad Advanced training. Now, my two properties are positive making 30% ROI and we just put two more under contract that will have infinite ROI because they are zero down.

    You have got to be joking. You pick ONE topic, posted by someone who is most likely new, based on the question and use that as your example to judge this GREAT site? That is total BS.

    As for your personal investments before and after RD "Advanced Training"....did you really need to spend $20k to learn some "new secret" to help you out? If you spent 20 minutes on here you could have learned the 50% rule for free and done very well with your investments.

    With comments like this I'm curious if you are working for RD?

    Jeff

  • Real Estate Investor · LA Area, CA · Member since 2009 · 40 posts · 0 votes
    16y
    Originally posted by Jeff And Cheray Warner:
    Originally posted by Irwin DeVries:
    Jeff,

    I'm not convinced BP can be used exclusively for learning all the real estate investing strategies in detail. I was reading a post yesterday where an investor had 3 SFR's. Two were neg cash flow and one was positive making 6% ROI. He was asking if he should sell them or keep them. HUH!? Keep a neg cash flow? And only making 6% ROI. Those are the mistakes I was making before Rich Dad Advanced training. Now, my two properties are positive making 30% ROI and we just put two more under contract that will have infinite ROI because they are zero down.


    You have got to be joking. You pick ONE topic, posted by someone who is most likely new, based on the question and use that as your example to judge this GREAT site? That is total BS.

    As for your personal investments before and after RD "Advanced Training"....did you really need to spend $20k to learn some "new secret" to help you out? If you spent 20 minutes on here you could have learned the 50% rule for free and done very well with your investments.

    With comments like this I'm curious if you are working for RD?

    Jeff



    Typical naysayer. "you must be working for rich dad" Maybe you are working for BP? You missed my point. BP didn't help him. He will loose more money on those properties they I spend on classes. Since you haven't taken any of these 'guru' classes, then what makes you an authority on them anyway. Your opinion on them is useless. And you are giving advice on them? Please.
  • Real Estate Investor · LA Area, CA · Member since 2009 · 40 posts · 0 votes
    16y
    Originally posted by MikeOH:
    Those that can - DO! Those that can't - GURU!

    That's more truth you'll ever hear from any of those silly GURUs! When you hire most gurus, mentors, coaches, etc, - you're hiring someone that can't make it in the real estate business. If they could make it, they wouldn't be screwing around peddling snake oil on the weekends to a bunch of bright eyed wannabes, most of whom they KNOW will NEVER do a single deal!

    Even worse, when you pay for mentoring or coaching by most of the National Gurus, what you're really getting is some minimum wage Putz reading a script to you.

    If you really want to get into this business, then spend some time reading the appropriate forums and ask questions. EVERYTHING there is to know about real estate investing is on BP FOR FREE! Then, once you have a good understanding of the basics, join your local REIA (Real Estate Investors Association) and make friends with the SUCCESSFUL INVESTORS in your area. Your new friends will be happy to help you for free AND they will know your local market!

    That's better than a guru anyday!


    I DO, GURU, BP, AND REIA. So I must have an edge up. As far as a minimum wage putz goes, is that from you actual experience? BTW, does that mean a min wage putz wrote the book in you sig. 1 min to rental property riches? It sounds like you are trying to be one of the guru's.
  • Real Estate Investor · LA Area, CA · Member since 2009 · 40 posts · 0 votes
    16y

    Anyway. Like I said before. Lots of naysayers. I'm done with this topic.

  • Real Estate Investor · North Central Arkansas · Member since 2009 · 509 posts · 178 votes
    16y
    Originally posted by Irwin DeVries:
    Originally posted by Jeff And Cheray Warner:
    Originally posted by Irwin DeVries:
    Jeff,

    I'm not convinced BP can be used exclusively for learning all the real estate investing strategies in detail. I was reading a post yesterday where an investor had 3 SFR's. Two were neg cash flow and one was positive making 6% ROI. He was asking if he should sell them or keep them. HUH!? Keep a neg cash flow? And only making 6% ROI. Those are the mistakes I was making before Rich Dad Advanced training. Now, my two properties are positive making 30% ROI and we just put two more under contract that will have infinite ROI because they are zero down.


    You have got to be joking. You pick ONE topic, posted by someone who is most likely new, based on the question and use that as your example to judge this GREAT site? That is total BS.

    As for your personal investments before and after RD "Advanced Training"....did you really need to spend $20k to learn some "new secret" to help you out? If you spent 20 minutes on here you could have learned the 50% rule for free and done very well with your investments.

    With comments like this I'm curious if you are working for RD?

    Jeff



    Typical naysayer. "you must be working for rich dad" Maybe you are working for BP? You missed my point. BP didn't help him. He will loose more money on those properties they I spend on classes. Since you haven't taken any of these 'guru' classes, then what makes you an authority on them anyway. Your opinion on them is useless. And you are giving advice on them? Please.

    BP didn't help him huh? When did he buy those properties? Did someone from BP advise him to make that purchase?

    I must be a naysayer...how dare I tell people to invest their $ wisely. And as far as me being an "authority" on these guru courses your advocating...if you read my first post to you then you would understand that my issue with RD is #1 THE PRICE! I have clearly stated many times on this forum that you don't need to spend 20k on "Advanced Training", if you missed that point so be it.

    As for me working for BP, I would be proud to work for Josh and BP and the last thing I would do is hide that fact. I'm happy to be a part of this site and part of my participation on here is for me to speak my mind and not let your tunnel vision affect other people. If you don't work for RD and you are that proud of their training then good for you...I just think your going to have one hard sell convincing others that have found the benefits of BP that they need to spend 20k on courses to be successful.

    If you do decide to stick around here and keep an open mind I'm sure you'll change your tone.

    Jeff

  • Real Estate Investor · North Central Arkansas · Member since 2009 · 509 posts · 178 votes
    16y
    Originally posted by Irwin DeVries:
    Anyway. Like I said before. Lots of naysayers. I'm done with this topic.

    Tell Robert and Kim we said hi.

    Jeff

  • Jeff TumbarelloPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 323 votes
    16y
    Originally posted by Irwin DeVries:
    James,

    I did the same thing you did as far as reading everything I could. I started in 2004 and did pretty well but it wasn't going as fast as I wanted it to. Sounds like you found a good mentor to teach you more. I think that's the best way if you can find investors willing to mentor or who are at the stage in their investing where they can mentor.

    Jeff,

    I'm not convinced BP can be used exclusively for learning all the real estate investing strategies in detail. I was reading a post yesterday where an investor had 3 SFR's. Two were neg cash flow and one was positive making 6% ROI. He was asking if he should sell them or keep them. HUH!? Keep a neg cash flow? And only making 6% ROI. Those are the mistakes I was making before Rich Dad Advanced training. Now, my two properties are positive making 30% ROI and we just put two more under contract that will have infinite ROI because they are zero down.

    Peter,

    I agree, don't be a seminar junkie. I've been doing deals since 2004. I've just been doing much better deals since Rich Dad Advanced Training.

    Guys, I'm not saying everyone should take RD classes or any other classes for that matter. Yea, it costed me $20k for the classes but these four properties will cash flow a total of $1500 a month. So it doesn't matter, the classes will be paid for in a year. It just amazes me how some people won't spend money on education. Didn't anyone go to college? That wasn't free either! LOL!



    Whitney has his office here in SWFL. Somehow, I never seem to bump into any of them in course of doing Real Estate. :lol: :roll: :idea:

    For 20K you can buy a house. You could learn while you earn.

    You can also pay salesmen to teach you about things they do not do for a living. If they were good at it, they would do it for a living.

    I learned by trial and error and doing deals with other investors. if I had a legal question. I called an attorney not a salesman. if I had a tax question, I called a CPA not a salesman.

    All of the info sales types are not investors, they are salespeople. The prey are lemmings, the bait: the lemmings easy money dreams.
  • Altus, OK · Member since 2008 · 2k+ posts · 690 votes
    16y

    Guys tone it down ok.

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    16y
    I will speak very softly below. :lol: (just some humor James)
    I am certainly not a "naysayer" so don't lump me in with that after reading my response here: $1500 cash flow on 4 properties is $375 per door, per month. Can you provide how you calculated that cash flow because I have yet to see cash flows of almost $400 per door and I am an experienced investor.

    As for guru seminars and bootcamps, I am with the majority here, I think they are overpriced and they underdeliver and over promise. That said, I am happy to hear that the $20k you spent was not wasted and you have benefited from it. I think it goes without saying that is commendable! I think many others here have the feeling that you made it that far because YOU had it in you to succeed and not just because of the $20k spent. In other words, had you come to BP first, you may be right where you are now without the $20k expense. Does that make sense? Hope you are not done with this topic and you do in fact respond.
    I toned it down quite a bit. It was quite hot in here. :)

  • Real Estate Investor · GA · Member since 2009 · 43 posts · 22 votes
    16y

    I do enjoy watching the gurus jockey for market share on the internet and the myriad ways that they use to drive traffic to their sites. Some of these gurus are geniuses...and I say that with all sincerity.

    And it is neat to watch the young usurpers begin to displace some of the older, established gurus.

    A few of the guys who pioneered things like "Virtual Wholesaling" or "Probate Sales" are rapidly becoming irrelevant.Their gimmicks seem so....passe', when compared to the tactics being used by the young, good-looking and charismatic guys who have all the chops.
    The other day, while visiting Youtube, I stumbled upon a video featuring an old guy doing a plug for one of the other, younger guys. He was smiling into the camera as he said, "Hey, Folks, you have to get Mr Rockstar's latest video to learn the latest way to buy probates!".
    As he spoke, I was able to pick up a sheepish look about him and body language that indicated a lack of confidence. It was easy to tell that the realization that he was now just a mouthpiece for a youngster had just dawned upon him....just as he was speaking.
    It's like an REI soap opera.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.