Rich Dad "Advanced Training" seminars?

Rich Dad "Advanced Training" seminars?

Real Estate Investor · Eugene, OR · Member since 2008 · 10 posts · 8 votes

Has anyone taken the plunge and attended any of the "Advanced Training" courses put on by the Rich Dad Education company? Last fall I attended a three day seminar put on by Rich Dad Education, but because of the steep price (and some mental red flags that went up during the seminar), I declined to sign up for any of them.

The first warnings started sounding as things got underway the first day when we were forbidden to network with anyone during or outside of the classroom, we weren't to challenge any of the ideas of the instructor, nor were we to conduct "research" on our own by using the Internet. They also wanted to protect their "proprietary" information, so they wouldn't allow you to record any of the sessions. Note taking, it seems, doesn't seem to threaten that.

I later came to find out that the Rich Dad Education seminars were essentially repackaged Russ Whitney products, and many people feel scammed by the whole process.

I understand that the basic training seminar is mostly motivational in nature and is designed essentially to upsell the attendee into purchasing one of the "advanced training" seminars that deal with a specific area of investing, anywhere from wholesaling to large development deals.

The basic training courses are $495, and if you can withstand/ignore the high pressure sales tactics, I felt that I did actually receive my money's worth in terms of knowledge and useful information. But the advanced courses range anywhere from $7,000 all the way up to $45,000, if memory serves. That seems like a ton of money, but if it's something that returns your "investment" back to you in increased profits from doing better RE deals, then I would assume most would feel the high cost would be worth it.

My question is, has anyone attended any of these courses, and if so, do yo feel that you got your money's worth by attending? I see precious little information anywhere on the Web regarding reviews of these more expensive training courses.

Perhaps attendees sign contracts forbidding them from talking about their experiences? I figured this would be the place to find out.

Todd

2Reply
543 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 447 votes
18y

Understand that the Rich Dad Seminars is a marketing company. They give you a “free†seminar so that you’ll buy the $495 class, the $495 course is used to sell you $7,000 advanced course. The advanced course is designed to sell you the mentoring program. It’s all about upselling, they want you to believe that you will find out the success “secret†at the next class. The reality is that you learn by doing, did you learn how to ride a bike by going to a seminar? No, you learned by falling down and skinning your knees, then you got up and did it again. Education classes are your training wheels but until you actually get out there and do it you will not learn how to really be successful.

:cool:

See this reply in the discussion

202 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2017 · 201 posts · 56 votes
    8y

    i see people complaining about the price of various 3 day trainings yet I see so many with new cell phones that costs 1000 buck, how is that going to benefit people? Majority dnt make it because people dnt apply what they learn. Majority so used to working a job they stay in that mentality. Easy to be hype around others being hype but after three day training not the case. I see people buying 500 buck purses etc just to be cool. People stop spending money on coolness and put into their futures world would be better.

  • Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2017 · 201 posts · 56 votes
    8y

    i see people say don't spend money there are books etc that are free/much more affordable. Yet still dnt do deals. I just went to a rich dad 3 day training, luckily it was free for me. I really enjoyed. What got me is an expert in our market  they brought in said network with like minded people at training you never know what they have,who they know. many people did then the speaker comes up and says he doesn't suggest networking at event, so many broke people. They were pushy on their courses. Take offense if you said no. Like they were desperate to get people. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.