Rental Property Investor · North Richland Hills, TX · Member since 2016 · 533 posts · 221 votes
got an invite to try out this 'strategy'...in finding deals that include abandoned houses from Sean Flanagan. Anyone try their program? Any thoughts. I am an experienced investor, but need to get more leads coming in to keep the pipeline full, so i'm always looking for new and hopefully simple ways to find those new deals!
Real Estate Investor · Fullerton, CA · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 8 votes
10y
My opinion of finding the owner of any abandoned house. Knock on the next door neighbor and ask them if they happen to know the owner of the abandoned property because you're interested in buying that property and give that person something in return if they provide you with the owner info. I'm 90% they give you the owner's direct phone number. #keepitsimple
I've seen (read/heard/etc..) alot about 'abandoned houses' and I've got to admit, I'm curious too. I mean, if someone past away, isn't there any family to deal with the property? As for tax liens, at some point, doesn't the local government (or somebody) just want the abandoned property taken care of??
I'm curious to learn the process of how one (as an investor) deals with these. Also, as a member of my local municipalities planning commission, I'd like to know because we have several houses that fall in to this category..
Professional · Novato, CA · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 3 votes
10y
I'm working on a business that aggregates abandoned, vacant, and blighted properties from around the country. I'd be curious to talk to people that work with these types of properties to understand what some of the challenges are that you face.
Never heard of him. I've gone to few people's pitches but never found a promoter who really understands the missing owner game, just the talk.
I've been working abandoned house systems for decades.
Are you actually an investor or just generating leads for wholesaling?
I am an investor looking to purchase property to put into a rental portfolio, or to rehab and resell to a retail customer. I am in the FORT WORTH, Tx area market. But, i stay in the NE quadrant of Tarrant County (this is the county that Ft Worth is part of).
Professional Investor · Dayton, OH · Member since 2016 · 113 posts · 36 votes
10y
A lot of people peddling this and that out there. From what I read of your post, this person is just a reseller of information you can probably find on your own if you knew where to look.
What kind of training have you had so far, and what kind of results have you gotten from it?
Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2015 · 76 posts · 13 votes
10y
I would be interested in hearing more of this guy too, especially since I have run across several abandoned houses but to no avail (mostly, I can't locate the homeowner). It seems enticing but I don't want to waste money on information I can get from somewhere else for free.
Wholesaler · Parker, CO · Member since 2016 · 40 posts · 25 votes
10y
The folks who put this particular program seem to be actually doing it (as opposed to just parroting what they got from some other training).
The presentation is put together well. It's clear and easy to follow.
Unlike a bunch of other "trainings" that I've invested in, I don't feel ripped off with this one. From what I saw, the information was real and accurate... it wasn't a gateway to try to sell you more stuff down the road.
I'll admit that I only went through part of it as the some of the initial info was how to identify houses by drive-bys. I live in a VERY rural area so drive-bys here aren't really an option and driving 45 minutes to get to higher density areas so I can drive doesn't really fit into my investing plan.
So, I've got a bookmark for it and when I get some free time, I'll go through the next few segments.
Vero Beach, FL · Member since 2016 · 53 posts · 32 votes
10y
I see that Fritz Rollin's site Derelict.com actually covers only (13) states, of which Florida isn't one. Since I went to the local folks to find out about where code violations and vacant houses were on their website, and got the "blank look" as a response, I am now trying to find out how to locate both of these properties on my own. Not what I really wanted to do. I would definitely pay for an up-to-date list of both of these types of properties, as I have talked to both a number of mail carriers (who know exactly which properties are vacant, and how long they have been vacant) - they are not allowed to give out the addresses anymore because of privacy laws, and service providers (bug guys, a/c guys), and they are both unknowledgeable because they are out doing their calls and not paying attention to vacants, and not interested because they are too busy. Perhaps Fritz would be kind enough to share with us here, how to locate these properties. Or better yet (at least for me) will start covering the other states and build his business. What say Fritz?
Vero Beach, FL · Member since 2016 · 53 posts · 32 votes
10y
Sorry, forgot to mention - if anyone knows of a company that I can vet and hopefully use to provide the location of these types of properties, I would certainly like to know of them. Thanks for your response.
Real Estate Investor · Fullerton, CA · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 8 votes
10y
My opinion of finding the owner of any abandoned house. Knock on the next door neighbor and ask them if they happen to know the owner of the abandoned property because you're interested in buying that property and give that person something in return if they provide you with the owner info. I'm 90% they give you the owner's direct phone number. #keepitsimple
My opinion of finding the owner of any abandoned house. Knock on the next door neighbor and ask them if they happen to know the owner of the abandoned property because you're interested in buying that property and give that person something in return if they provide you with the owner info. I'm 90% they give you the owner's direct phone number. #keepitsimple
That works sometimes, but not all the time. This happened right up the road from me in a rural area. We stopped to look at it two years ago, talked to the neighbor; he knew nothing. A year after we looked at it and tried to find the owner, it was sold at a tax sale. Now I'm glad WE didn't get it! The property is still sitting there looking abandoned; something's tied up in court with it now and the investor who got it at the sale.
Investor · Tempe, AZ · Member since 2014 · 145 posts · 74 votes
9y
I got an email from a guru pitching this course, called Pre-Vacant House Goldmine, created by Sean & Tracey Flanagan. I watched the intro video, but it was very vague, saying stuff like "we promise you've never heard of this before". Does anyone know what the course is actually teaching you how to do?
Investor · Manhattan Beach CA; Columbus, OH · Member since 2014 · 37 posts · 13 votes
9y
I watch the same Pre-Vacant House Goldmine video, created by Sean & Tracey Flanagan, that Nate mentioned. Anyone have a chance to look it through and try it out yet... with success?
Investor · Magnolia, TX · Member since 2014 · 17 posts · 4 votes
9y
I got the Pre-Vacant House Goldmine, and am exploring the addition of it to another Aggregate system I have used, and want to see how they dove-tail. If any of you are interested in the Results, contact me and I'll share my two-cents with you. I'm in Houston Area.
Wappingers Falls, NY · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
9y
I have received several advertisements for an investor lead generation system called Abandoned House Secrets by Sean & Tracey Flanagan. Is anyone who has used this program able to give me their opinion on its ability to help generate leads? Any thoughts on the program? Worth purchasing? Or just a scam?