Can someone please explain sub3 financing to me?

Can someone please explain sub3 financing to me?

Accountant · greenwell springs, LA · Member since 2009 · 177 posts · 43 votes

i don't understand how it differs from buying sub 2 and then selling using owner financing? thanks in advance for your help.

0
Topic locked
160 views

77 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • VA · Member since 2008 · 82 posts · 1 vote
    17y

    sub3? oh, i'm all open ears here! let me know when you come back.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Manhattan, NY · Member since 2008 · 801 posts · 61 votes
    17y

    I am all ears too! But, I suspect it is one of those guru made up scamming terms like "Flex Options". ROFL!

    0
    Topic locked
  • Accountant · greenwell springs, LA · Member since 2009 · 177 posts · 43 votes
    17y

    i thought this was a popular technique. obviously not.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    David Alexander has started becoming active on this board, I suspect he'll come on here and touch on this subject. I would like to hear some explanation on it as well but fear since he does sell a course/program/system he probably won't go into much detail.

    It does sound interesting though

    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · OH · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y


    EXACTLY! It's nonsense. There are no "secrets" in real estate. "Subject 2" investing means buying "subject TO" the existing financing. What would "subject 3" mean? Buying subject three the existing financing????? I suspect it is a term meant to convey to newbies that there is some "secret" that they can only get by spending a bunch of money on an expensive course or bootcamp.

    Mike
    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Agent · Tampa, FL · Member since 2009 · 456 posts · 123 votes
    17y

    there is another thread on this, it's called subject 3 financing and it is in the creative real estate financing category. David chimed in and had a lot to say in response to comments others had made about his video being unprofessional, but did not reveal any details about what subject 3 actually means or entails.

    I guess you could try PMing him.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Accountant · greenwell springs, LA · Member since 2009 · 177 posts · 43 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by MikeOH:
    EXACTLY! It's nonsense. There are no "secrets" in real estate. "Subject 2" investing means buying "subject TO" the existing financing. What would "subject 3" mean? Buying subject three the existing financing????? I suspect it is a term meant to convey to newbies that there is some "secret" that they can only get by spending a bunch of money on an expensive course or bootcamp.

    Mike

    in fairness to David, the price he is asking for the video training seems very reasonable compared to other "gurus". he also seems genuine and honest.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Specialist · Las Cruces, NM · Member since 2009 · 557 posts · 71 votes
    17y

    HMMM....Seems to me like this might be some kind of plug. Now all we need is for stephen to post the link along with an explanation on how this technique will make us the next real estate millionaires.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Agent · Tampa, FL · Member since 2009 · 456 posts · 123 votes
    17y

    yeah these "plugs" are becoming pretty common but be careful, if you call them out too much on it you start getting your posts deleted.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · Millsboro, DE · Member since 2008 · 480 posts · 26 votes
    17y

    holy moly. "sub 3" is an actual term being used?

    You purchase a home "subject to its existing financing". This is known as a "subject to" deal. Once you've recorded the deed and needed paperwork, it's yours. How you sell, is up to you. Seller financing is simply an option you have, when selling it.

    Sounds like someone has a new course out......

    0
    Topic locked
  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    17y

    There is no such thing as sub3.
    It is just a "coined phrase" describing a particular strategy incorporating buying subject to (sub2) properties.

    I am now working a "secret" technique using sub2 that is very creative with my partner Nick and I think we will "dub" it "sub10" simply because it is ingenious and 10 times better than a typical sub2 transaction. :lol: .

    0
    Topic locked
  • Rental Property Investor · Mercer Island, WA · Member since 2008 · 22k+ posts · 14k+ votes
    17y

    If its 10x better than sub 2, shouldn't it be sub 20?

    1
    Topic locked
  • Red Oak, TX · Member since 2009 · 44 posts · 2 votes
    17y

    Ok, well... Can't say much... as I don't won't my posts deleted either...

    I'm the worlds slowest typist and to type and then go correct my post...

    (don't always do that, takes me forever)

    First I ain't hard to find on the net...

    Stephen, thank you.... thank you very much....

    The students that I have.... have been with me for years... not just as buying the next course.... I don't have a next course or bottomless marketing funnel...
    or extra coaching....

    I created what I created after attending a seminar as a guest and they were charging way too much (5 - 20k)to teach folks nothing...

    Everything was a come on to sell more...

    I set out to build the best real estate training on the net.... from start to finish.... (now, it seems I keep adding to it as I get ideas, without charging more... not a great business model... none the less I'm in a position where I can)



    As far as new techniques.... Yes, sub3 is quite different...

    Mike, Oh and others.. I was where ya'll were at several years ago... and thought their were No new real estate techniques.....

    Wrong...

    I was surprised when I found several friends with real estate plays I had never heard of and asked them to help me with something new I was working on...

    Took me over a year to work out the details...

    and get it right...

    A friend of mine coined it Sub3... because it was "better" than sub2 and removed the risk....

    For lack of a better name we left it....

    And it's stuck...

    It's simply a way of buying and selling houses with little risk and avoiding costly entanglements... and all that stuff....

    And sub2 deals owner financed carry risks....

    Plus, I don't use trusts or any of that stuff any more....

    It confused the title companies and nowadays I want the title companies on my side so, that my deals are smooth and seemless...

    Also, just last week I created a completely new technique... that I shared with my students that I coined...

    The REO Note Flip....

    (no, we aren't selling are flipping the notes)

    And it too isn't anything you'll will have ever seen....

    It removes all the risk of doing the cash deals that are everywhere....

    I stumbled onto the idea when I took a student to lunch and he didn't have the cash to take advantage of the deal and I didn't want it in the area it was in... nonetheless there was 35 profit... on a 70k deal with no work needed.... (I don't rehabs, and I've only done a few wholesale flips in my life)

    What You have to understand is I'm a student of creating paper... and my business is owning notes and finance and creating them at severe discounts.... and getting them to cash out....

    Read the book by Wade Cook, the Real Estate Money Machine... that's the closest thing to what I do.... You can get it for a couple bucks on amazon.... I simply took his strategy and made it better... by twisting it a bit.... to remove the risk of sub2..

    Then from there turn it into an automated system... and let your people make the money for you... running your system...

    Anyway, I'm damn proud of my Sub3 Web Training it's likely one of the best bangs for the bucks for Real Estate training and is way under priced compared to what others sell their stuff
    for.

    It literally contains almost 13 years
    of my real estate experience in one place, it's way cool.

    :)






    0
    Topic locked
  • Manhattan, NY · Member since 2008 · 801 posts · 61 votes
    17y

    Well, there ya go. Sub3 is a made up term 'cuz it removes all the risks of sub2.

    David, I don't mean to be rude but your sub3 technique is not new. My parents were doing that 40 years ago and my grandfather did it long before that!

    I must say, I am incredibly impressed you created a brand new, never before seen technique in dealing with REOs over lunch.

    Respectfully, I submit new things you think you are creating are in fact rediscoveries of things done for thousands of years. No, I am not interested, nor asking, for proof your techniques are in fact new and unimaginably creative.

    What's that? Did I sense you asking, "Why not?" Please, let me explain.

    Real estate investing is a very public activity. All sorts of people see the results of deals before, during and after they go down. On those really rare occasions when something truly innovative comes along, it spreads like wildfire. Closing attorneys talk to their friends, many of which are also attorneys, who talk to their friends, etc.

    There are no secrets in real estate investing, now in the area of information marketing, that is an entirely different matter. ;)

    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · OH · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y


    RIDICULOUS! You can say whatever you like provided you follow the forum rules. In addition, you wrote a VERY LONG post and it said absolutely nothing.



    There are no "secrets" in real estate investing. It's all been done before. If you are claiming to have a new technique, then provide some details. Otherwise, you're just going to look like a typical "guru" who plays the silly "I've got a secret" game.



    I don't think I'd use Wade Cook as an example of a secret you have developed. Here's the real "secret". He's been personally bankrupt. His company is bankrupt. He is currently serving 88 months in prison!

    Mike

    0
    Topic locked
  • Manhattan, NY · Member since 2008 · 801 posts · 61 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by MikeOH:
    I don't think I'd use Wade Cook as an example of a secret you have developed. Here's the real "secret". He's been personally bankrupt. His company is bankrupt. He is currently serving 88 months in prison!

    Mike


    Now, Mike, we all agreed at our last super secret tin foil hat society meeting in your basement we were going to keep that SECRET to ourselves. Now, we have to find a NEW super secret to keep, uh, secret. :cool:
    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · OH · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y


    Nope! No secrets there either. Let me take a shot at the business model for the "gurus".

    Set up a webpage with a white background. Imply that you have the "SECRET" to success (that only a few insiders know). Imply that the secret will allow the student to get rich quick with almost no work, money, or credit. Offer a free report on the website that is designed to get the "student" to buy an entry level product, to be followed by upselling the student to products that are always more expensive. Provide several testimonials of students that made $10,000 the first month using the "guru's" secret system. Throw in a sense of urgency by making it a limited time offer and then throw in a bunch of bonuses (worth thousands of dollars) if the "student" will provide their credit card RIGHT NOW!

    Once the student provides their address and credit card, bombard them with almost daily junk mail (and e-mail) in an effort to catch them in a weak moment. Get them to sign up for a low-cost or free seminar. At that seminar, ask ridiculous questions like "Would it be OK if I helped you become RICH?". Plant the idea of taking action by asking a question and then rewarding the first one to answer with a prize or cash. Then, get the student to RUN to the back to swipe his credit card for the entry level seminar, bootcamp, course, mentoring, coaching.

    Once the student is at the entry level event, imply that the TOP SECRET can only be revealed at the higher level of committment, usually called the Gold Level, Platinum Level, Founder's Group or some other level meant to imply importance. Of course, membership in this level costs a LOT of money (often $10K or more).

    Finally, once the "student" is at the Platinum level, offer them a lifetime membership in the "guru's" Inner Circle or the "guru's" University. At this point, the guru has generally gotten all the "student's" savings and the student has run their credit cards up to their limits.

    The interesting thing is that the student NEVER GETS THE "SECRET"!

    LOL!

    How'd I do? Is that the guru business plan?

    Mike

    P.S. I forgot to mention the infomercials. All infomercials are filmed at an oceanfront mansion with the guru and several supermodels sitting on a yacht, sipping tall drinks (with umbrella) seemingly enjoying the good life as the money falls from the sky!

    The infomercial must be filmed quickly, because the guru can only afford to rent it for ONE DAY.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · OH · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    I hope that I don't lose my tin foil hat society membership for my little slip!

    Mike

    0
    Topic locked
  • Manhattan, NY · Member since 2008 · 801 posts · 61 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by MikeOH:
    How'd I do? Is that the guru business plan?

    Well, your hat and membership card we probably safe after the previous slip, but now I'm not so sure. The members will probably want to vote on it now. ROFL!
    0
    Topic locked
  • Manhattan, NY · Member since 2008 · 801 posts · 61 votes
    17y

    In all seriousness...

    We have been watching some of David's videos in the office this morning. I would be VERY interested in talking PRIVATELY to someone who has taken his training. I am not looking for you to violate copyrights or anything like that. I am not interested in his materials.

    If you aren't a shill, and I will know, I can make this very worth your while. You can contact me through the PM system here initially.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Consultant · las vegas, NV · Member since 2009 · 56 posts · 1 vote
    17y

    hey
    after you guys figture out sub2/3 send the owner finnance guy to me and I will get his money back at a discount of course. I buy notes right out of escrow.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Red Oak, TX · Member since 2009 · 44 posts · 2 votes
    17y

    Gosh....

    (pure sarcasm ahead)

    Ya'll are so right... their are "no secrets"

    (end of sarcasm)

    Mike, I think you may actually know me... is this Mike the ex cop from Ohio...

    If it is... then you know me...

    Regardless of a technique.... what I teach is so much more... and is mostly about automating and running your real as a business which very few do...

    How to hire others, creating systems, why most don't, getting started, marketing etc, etc...

    Taz... maybe someone will answer you, I have no idea... I assure you I have no idea who of them are on this board...

    If any...

    But rest assured the couple techniques out there that I've created are "New" in the sense that...

    No one is doing RE the way I do it...

    It's sorta like walking through a forest... and one day.... realizing.... Omg... I've been walking through here for years and didn't see that other path... think I'll check it out...

    And then wondering why No one else has ever taken that path....

    No this can't be a shortcut.... Wow.. it is....

    0
    Topic locked
  • Manhattan, NY · Member since 2008 · 801 posts · 61 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by David Alexander:
    Gosh....

    (pure sarcasm ahead)

    Save the sarcasm, it is pointless.

    I wasn't asking you. wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

    I had three contact me as a result of my post on another board, none from here, yet. Earlier today, we had a conference call with those three and I satisfied my curiosity about what I suspected from your videos.

    The "sub3" term is just made up for marketing purposes, that has been confirmed. What I also confirmed was the source point for your "newly created techniques". And to be honest, that was all I was interested in knowing.

    Good luck with your web training, but be careful. You claim "your" sub3 technique eliminates ALL of the risk, it doesn't.

    :wink: Just say'n.

    BTW, Cara says, "Hi!"

    Oh, Stephen, if you are still interested in understanding what David calls his sub3 technique. Send me a PM, we can spend 10-15 minutes on the phone and clear up any questions if you already understand buying sub2.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    17y

    Taz = King of DD
    (Due Diligence)

    As usual, nice leg work Taz. You remain my hero in this category! :lol:

    0
    Topic locked
  • Red Oak, TX · Member since 2009 · 44 posts · 2 votes
    17y

    Lol...

    Then you didnt' talk to any of my folks..

    Because if you did...

    You would be quietly amazed...

    I know they keep their mouth closed..

    Or you simply talked to someone that didn't understand it and thought of it... just like you do.. (meaning they haven't been through the training and are just speculating as you are... lol).

    Taz... It doesn't matter to me what you think...

    The sub3 term was created by a friend of mine as I said in an ealier post...

    Because it isn't sub2...

    If it were just marketing... I'd think of a much flashier name....

    Sub2 is really a stupid term for what sub2 is... and was coined after buying property "subject to the existing lien" back over 10 years ago by me and a few others on one of the larger real estate sites back then as we didn't know know what to call that technique or how to ask questions about it..

    I'm actually fixing to giveaway my Sub2 course for FREE for short period of time..

    So, sorry if Sub3 wasn't completely different... and something extremely cool.... plus all the business automation stuff which is more important than the technique...

    If it was the same and just a marketing ploy as you say...

    Then my students would.... well... to say the least be really "pissed"...

    Which if you really knew me then you'd
    know... that would drive me insane...

    I'm a complete customer service freak in all my businesses... ask my employees...

    So, if I was selling sub2 just wrapped in a marketing blanket...

    Then guess what.. it would be a marketing nightmare...

    Sorry nice try!








    0
    Topic locked