Bill Vaughn - Intellibiz - A Simple Mans Guide to Real Estate

Bill Vaughn - Intellibiz - A Simple Mans Guide to Real Estate

Residential Real Estate Broker · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes

SCAM !!! BUYER BEWARE !!! - RIP OFF !!! I purchased this course and paid extra for a monthly consultation with Bill Vaughn. Here's how the first conversation went:

I spoke to Bill on the 20 minute phone consultation. I told him I'm interested in investing with zero down payment as his advertising states. This is the advice I received from Bill Vaughn himself:

1. Find a partner willing to provide the money.
2. Find a property at 20% to 30% below market value.
3. Use an escape clause, such as "contingent upon partner's approval", in the contract in case I want to back out for any reason.
4. Buy it.
5. Sell it.
6. Split the profits with your partner.

Duh, really?

When one pays $100 they're looking for secrets, not obvious stuff.

Find a partner with money. Buy low. Sell high. One could give the same advice for any type of investment.

This is like spending $100 for a course on investing in oil wells and getting this advice:

1. Find a partner will to provide all the money.
2. Find an oil well at 30% below market value.
3. Use an escape clause in the contract in case you want to back out.
4. Buy it.
5. Sell it.
6. Split the profits with your partner.

In addition to this worthless advice, Bill Vaughn did not honor my request for a refund - stating that all of the numerous technicalities to qualify for a refund were not met.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COURSE !!!

0Reply
92 views

Most Popular Reply

South Hill, VA · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 30 votes
10y

Bill Vaughn here. Mr. DiBiase is being incredibly dishonest. I have  NEVER advised any client to "find a partner willing to provide the money" EXCEPT in cases where the client insists on using a method that requires cash and he has none. And I NEVER make it as simplistic as he indicates - I always give thorough and complete responses, based on the info the client provides.

Mr DiBiase wanted to use strategies he is not equipped for - strategies that require cash, but he has no cash available. He was unhappy that I could not provide some sort of miracle for him, and asked for a refund of his VIP Club fee. Whereas IntelliBiz incurs substantial costs to provide the extra benefits and services, and there can only be 200 VIP Clients, the costs must be distributed among the clients, equally. That means that the fee, once it is paid, is non-refundable, as costs were incurred on his behalf.

Furthermore, Ryan D (not even a client and does not know what he is talking about) suggests that the 20 minute call costs $100. It does not. The ENTIRE COURSE, including 21 books, agreement software and market value calculator costs under $100, and includes FREE coaching for life. The 20 minute calls are reserved to only 200 V.I.P. clients who want additional assistance by phone with me, personally, and other benefits of VIP membership. So, no - I am NOT making any money on this. I make my money investing in real estate!

Perhaps Mr DiBiase should consider starting with any of the 8 strategies that do not require cash. And Ryan D and David Dachtera might want to consider abstaining from speaking on subjects they know nothing about.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    I don't know the guy and I'm sorry it didn't go well for you. But surely you didn't think you were going to learn "secrets" for a $100 consultation call... 

  • Real Estate Agent · Falls Church · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Rich DiBiase It's unfortunate you had to experience this, but to be fair this coach values his time at $100 dollars for 20 minutes. During those 20 minutes he provided a path to purchasing a property with zero down for you. 

    In real estate there are no "secrets" it takes time, patience, and consistency to learn the required skills.

    The positive in this situation is that you discovered bigger pockets, a place you can pick up some free knowledge to help you advance towards your investing goals. Good luck, and if you need anything feel free to reach out.

  • Rental Property Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Rich DiBiase,

    To expand on @Brandon L.'s reply, I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that $100 for 20 minutes is $300/hr. It's up to YOU to make the most of your investment.

    So, when he says, find a partner to front the money, your best response is (choose one):

    A. Tell us something we don't know!

    B. Ok, Mr. Vaughn, how do I do that?

    Choose wisely, grasshopper! One response will lead you to more information. The other might get you hung up on.

    To summarize, keep drilling down into the "how"'s until your time runs out, he gets tired of you or you get an answer you can take and convert into action.

    My $0.02...

    David J Dachtera

  • South Hill, VA · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 30 votes
    10y

    Bill Vaughn here. Mr. DiBiase is being incredibly dishonest. I have  NEVER advised any client to "find a partner willing to provide the money" EXCEPT in cases where the client insists on using a method that requires cash and he has none. And I NEVER make it as simplistic as he indicates - I always give thorough and complete responses, based on the info the client provides.

    Mr DiBiase wanted to use strategies he is not equipped for - strategies that require cash, but he has no cash available. He was unhappy that I could not provide some sort of miracle for him, and asked for a refund of his VIP Club fee. Whereas IntelliBiz incurs substantial costs to provide the extra benefits and services, and there can only be 200 VIP Clients, the costs must be distributed among the clients, equally. That means that the fee, once it is paid, is non-refundable, as costs were incurred on his behalf.

    Furthermore, Ryan D (not even a client and does not know what he is talking about) suggests that the 20 minute call costs $100. It does not. The ENTIRE COURSE, including 21 books, agreement software and market value calculator costs under $100, and includes FREE coaching for life. The 20 minute calls are reserved to only 200 V.I.P. clients who want additional assistance by phone with me, personally, and other benefits of VIP membership. So, no - I am NOT making any money on this. I make my money investing in real estate!

    Perhaps Mr DiBiase should consider starting with any of the 8 strategies that do not require cash. And Ryan D and David Dachtera might want to consider abstaining from speaking on subjects they know nothing about.

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    @Bill Vaughn What’s the normal turn around time to hear from a mentor?

    Seeing that real estate deals are very time sensitive, a quick response from your organization is something that’s really needed for a possible deal to go smooth.

    I ask this because I’ve haven’t gotten a response on a simple matter (whereabouts of my course materials and tracking number), so the lack of response concerns me. What’s going to happen when the need is not so simple?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.