Chris McClatchey Multi-famly Guru Beware?

Chris McClatchey Multi-famly Guru Beware?

Investor · Overland Park, KS · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 6 votes

Has anyone else had a bad experience with this guy?  He is another 'no money down' guy, but as a student after paying thousands of dollars, he was never available, never answered my questions, and pawned all of his mentoring off to other people.

1Reply
209 views

Most Popular Reply

Spring, TX · Member since 2016 · 243 posts · 203 votes
9y

So nice of Chris and staff to come on here and vouch for themselves!

See this reply in the discussion

69 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor / Vendor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 949 votes
    9y

    Hey @Kevin Coggins - thanks for stating what should be obvious to everyone - that all his staff/friends are posting glowing reviews lol.

    If someone disagrees with you... we got a few bridges to sell them, for a fantastic price!

    *takes out the popcorn

    @Dan Schwartz haha that was a fantastic call-out touche

  • Menlo Park, CA · Member since 2014 · 16 posts · 5 votes
    9y

    @Kevin Coggins LOL!! I finally belly laughed after going through all these exhausting posts. I like black comedy.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Cocoa Beach, FL · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    I have known Chris for 12 years now. What he teaches is brilliant IF you do as he says. I've watched his program grow from an idea to the best way to invest in real estate.

    Trustworthy? I trust Chris enough to serve as the managing broker for his real estate company. Nuf said

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Cocoa Beach, FL · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    9y
    So who should post? Random Strangers? Someone who never heard of him?

    Originally posted by @Ray Lai:

    Hey @Kevin Coggins - thanks for stating what should be obvious to everyone - that all his staff/friends are posting glowing reviews lol.

    If someone disagrees with you... we got a few bridges to sell them, for a fantastic price!

    *takes out the popcorn

    @Dan Schwartz haha that was a fantastic call-out touche

  • Investor · Overland Park, KS · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 6 votes
    9y

    Chris teaches direct mail in his course extensively... looks like you just didn't apply what he taught because you didn't think it would really work... I've seen this before with struggling businesspeople... they don't want to market for some reason.  

    - Don't know where you came up with that assumption.

    Chris is offering a refund.  Thank you.  It's a good public PR move, because he didn't offer to me personally but only through the forum.

    I've e-mailed and texted him during this, guess what? No Response. 

  • Investor · Cape Canaveral, FL · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    Ed, I know Chris McClatchey both professionally and personally.  You ask if anyone else has had a bad experience with him.  I have not and you are the first one I've ever heard of in the years I have known him.

    My husband and I have invested greatly in our real estate and investors education and have found that my best mentors and instructors have been those that have had me take their guidance and immediately implement it.  Please bear with me as I use an analogy that many can relate to.  I try to equate mentoring and education to raising kids.  They give you the tools and point you in the right direction.  Instinctively they know not to let you fall but you will be out of your comfort zone because what we are learning and implementing is new to us.  

    Just to me, it doesn't matter if I speak directly to Chris or someone who was trained in his techniques because I realize the answer will likely be the same and get me the results I am seeking.  This is a results business and extensive analysis is involved.  If the numbers make sense, you go for the deal.  It's a matter of knowing or finding out what you need to know in order to be able to make a decision.

    It seems that you have had a bad experience with Chris.  That is unfortunate.  A majority of us have not had the same experience.  There are no easy answers here.  

    It doesn't surprise me with Chris' work ethic and integrity that he would provide you with a satisfactory outcome.  Good luck on your future investment endeavors!

  • Investor · Cape Canaveral, FL · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Most of us are members of Bigger Pockets and use it as a networking site.  That is why there are so many people that have responded to this thread.

    Since we all have national contacts with investors and we all communicate with each other, watch out for each other, and assist each other in transactions, reputations about people travel, as they say, "like the coconut telegraph."  

    Our reputations and commitments are paramount to our individual success.  That is the difference between hobbyist investors and great investors.  It usually takes a few minutes of conversation to know who is who.  Hobbyists rarely stay in the game long.

  • Developer · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Gayle Vee You can't claim to be a member of BP and use it as a networking site when this is your first post. Do you go to local REIA Meetups and stand in the corner totally silent all night and go home and tell your spouse you did good by networking? Any support you give Chris would have more weight if were at least not so disingenuous about this.

  • Investor · Cape Canaveral, FL · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Michael, great points.

    My husband and I have a joint account under a google address.   I recently opened this account specifically under my name and should probably have just stayed under a combined account.

    Yes, I go to the local REIA's. I also take advantage of the many educational opportunities they provide. I am also a member of the CFRI Women's Investors Group and the Multi-family Group is next on my agenda. I have completed almost 1/2 of the requirements for a PHP certification. We attend the meetings as a family. My daughter died in a car wreck and we are now raising her 8 year old daughter. She actually enjoys going and is very well behaved by all accounts. The local investor's group jokingly refers to her as the youngest CRFI member and she is warmly greeted. This is giving her knowledge and experience that many young people lack. Besides, she will inherit our portfolios and will know how to preserve them. She also remarks that she collects rent from adults. Both of our corporations, our buy and hold and our fix and flip LLC's are "GMG" in reference to the first letters of all 3 of our first names. Our granddaughter loves interior design and helps up select the color schemes in our renovations. In fact, she settled on Accessible Beige and Sea Salt for the paint and Yoda for the carpet for our recent property and even the painters complemented her!

    The CFRI meetings are where I met Chris. Love them or leave them, because people have had mixed reviews about some of the educational avenues we have invested in but we are pleased and it has paid off 10-fold. With our last deal, we have broken even on the education expense and have saved time and money by their systems. We have had great success implementing what we learned from our training. I purchased my first home when I was 20. I have been a licensed real estate agent since 1984 and my license is currently with eXp Realty, LLC. We currently own "8 doors" and plan to purchase another 5 or 6 by December. With the assistance of being a student of Chris, I am confident we will meet or exceed that goal. For you see, our retirement plans hadn't exactly included raising a child at our age but that is our path. Many of my family members have been in real estate exclusively. My first job at the age of 10 was helping to paint and clean my dad's and uncle's rentals in the San Francisco Bay area. I went on to become my dad's secretary in his office when I was 17 at which time he enrolled me in the Anthony School of Real Estate to sit for my CA real estate exam when I turned 18.

    I am very glad you pointed out that I might appear to be a rookie since I recently opened this account. Certainly, I hope my response alleviates any concerns you might have that I might be a wallflower at the REIA's, specifically the CFRI meetings. I assure you that is not the case.

    -gail

  • Developer · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    Glad to have you on BP, @Gayle Vee. I hope you and the other new members who joined to support Chris, stay and contribute your knowledge and experience to this great forum.

  • Real Estate Broker · Windsor, CT · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 268 votes
    9y

    This thread is just too much, just seek knowledge and experience in real estate through reading, Podcasts, and ACTIVELY GETTING INVOLVED IN A REAL ESTATE TRANSACTION! THAT IS THE BEST WAY TO LEARN. Yes you may need a mentor, but TRY IT FIRST. The best way to learn is by making mistakes (which are in turn opportunities for growth). The more time you waste discrediting or giving honest reviews of mentors or "guru programs" you are letting great deals pass you by when you should be spending this valuable time analyzing deals and actually getting one done! Grow your business! STOP WASTING TIME WITH THIS DRAMA ON BP!

  • Investor · Cape Canaveral, FL · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Thank you, Michael Le

  • Wholesaler · Fort Mill, SC · Member since 2014 · 20 posts · 28 votes
    9y

    Hey Ed,

    I'm sorry that you are having an issue with Chris. You asked for opinions of people who have dealt with Chris and it seems that you received a lot of responses. 

    Personally, I don't see Chris as a "guru", because of the negative connotation that goes with the term. He is very knowledgeable and I truly think that he is there to help his students. I took his program three years ago and have used his strategies several times. 

    Most "Gurus" would be finished with you after the program ends... I would know because I've dealt with several. However, since finishing his program three years ago, I have submitted a few deals through Chris and he has always called me back within a day or two to confirm the details of the deal before sending out to the network. As a matter of fact, I just spoke with him two months ago and was surprised that he even remembered me after such a long stretch without communicating between the two of us. Just as a comparison, I was in a program with a local guru who attends the same REIA meetings I go to monthly, and I guarantee he doesn't recognize my face or name after paying $15,000 to him!

    While going through the program, I never had an issue if I spoke to Chris or Steve to get my questions answered. If one wasn't available, the other would call within a reasonable time. I also knew that I wasn't the only student, so patience was necessary. 

    So, is Chris perfect and is he going to be the absolute best solution for every student? Not even close... He is a tough mentor who expects everyone to actually do the work necessary to succeed in his program. It took me a couple of weeks, but once I got past the fact that Chris wasn't going to hold my hand and he and Steve expected me to put in the work, I really started to enjoy the program. Once again, it's not for everyone...  

    Anyway, this was supposed to be succinct response, but it turned into a novel. I hope that this helps gain a little perspective (from my experience) on the situation that you are going through with Chris and his organization and I hope you two can get the issue resolved peacefully.  

    Matt

  • Investor · Long Beach, CA · Member since 2012 · 313 posts · 190 votes
    9y

    DAMN...this is good.

  • Joseph BricklerPro Member
    Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2011 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    In my experience with Chris McClatchey. He is the real deal.  I have seen his name on properties being sold and know his history.  His product The Power of Zero: Negotiating ZERO Down & ZERO Percent Seller Financing Deals and The velocity of money.  Has helped me when the market was down and I'm using some of the technics to dramatically pay down and completely own the properties out right, By picking them up and great prices and terms and sell them off to other investors. I honestly don't think you can better person to learn from.

  • Real Estate Investor / Real Estate Agent · Corpus Christi, TX · Member since 2016 · 42 posts · 15 votes
    9y

    To any of Chris' students, just curious does this only work with free and clear properties or can it work by taking over an existing loan. Mostly curious on how this would work with MF properties.

    Thanks,

  • Little Rock, AR · Member since 2013 · 11 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Chris' program is the truth. His Instant Impact seminar blew my mind. He is highly recommended

  • Little Rock, AR · Member since 2013 · 11 posts · 1 vote
    7y
    Originally posted by @Lisa Edwards:

    To any of Chris' students, just curious does this only work with free and clear properties or can it work by taking over an existing loan. Mostly curious on how this would work with MF properties.

    Thanks,

    Works well w/ sub-to's as well

  • Dearborn, MI · Member since 2016 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    First for all of those questioning the current posting students, go and see this post, it is over a year old and has comments from all over the country from seasoned BP members and pros about Chris and his organization:

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/79/topics/153...

    Hence if you don't want to believe what this current thread offers relative to Real Wealth, Chris and their credibility read what non-students have posted about this organization from that post.

    Secondly, I have been a member on this forum since 2011: 

    Member since February 1, 2011 (last active 1 minute ago)

    and although I am not an active poster I have used this site endless times to find information and seek advice. 

    Now on to my experience with Chris, Steve and the staff at Real Wealth. I purchased Chris's mentoring program in October of 2014 which was effective for one year.

    To this very day I can call, email, text Chris, Steve or his staff and get a response (usually in multiple formats) within 24, yes I said 24 hours. Most of the time within hours, not days. Keeping in mind I am not paying nor have I paid anything to this organization since my mentoring program expired in October of 2015. When I started this program I had wholesaled one property and fixed and flipped one property with a seasoned JV partner, graduate of Than Merrill and lost money on this deal.

    Since working with Chris and Steve I have over 10 buy and hold rentals ALL free and clear and have wholesaled another dozen properties, two of which were owner financed at 0%. I attribute that success to only one organization and that is Real Wealth; their continued support, guidance, advice have had an active presence in the acquisition of these properties plus Chris, Steve and I have visited with each other on multiple occasions in Florida and Michigan where I am from. Furthermore I am 100% certain that if I were to contact them now, today I would get a timely response from them personally. (can't say that about any of my other "guru" connections

    Additionally, I am a member and participant in three local REIA groups in metro Detroit.

    Although many of you will discount my comments as I have always seen the value in educating myself and am willing to spend money for that purpose. I am certainly speaking from a point of expertise; relative to "gurus" and their promises/messages. I have seen and purchased various programs from *************, Ron Legrande, Larry Goins, Kent Clothier, Josh Cantwell, Robyn Thompson, Kathy Kennebrook, Cameron Dunlap, Than Merrill, Trevor Mauch, Diane Conklin, Duncan Weirman, Preston Ely, Lou Brown, Jerry Norton, Jay Conner, John Cochran, Josh Schoenly, Lance Edwards, Lee Arnold, Reggie Brooks, The Wolffe Couple and many others. Now, keep in mind I have only pursued coaching/mentoring from 3-4 of those mentioned above and all but one of them was considerably more expensive than Chris' program and in all cases the founder/speaker/guru was not my actual coach/mentor and in all cases I did not have the possibility of connecting with the guru directly and personally. Those programs that have since expired DO NOT OFFER continued support or guidance and hence I have no continued support with those organizations or people.

    So if asked who would I recommend, the #1, best, finest, most supportive, most committed, provides superior and timely responses; actively participates in the marketplace as an investor, hands down, top of the list would be Real Wealth, Steve and Chris.

    It's a shame that this thread has moved toward a tit for tat, less than productive exchange and hopefully none of you will choose to attack me as well?

    Finally, I will close with one simple remark to Ed Perkins. Ed, Chris has offered in multiple posts the opportunity to address these issues with you personally off this forum. Hopefully, you will move toward a positive solution for all involved and be able to return and post a equitable solution as the resolution to your original thoughts and thus end this discussion and the thread permanently.


    I feel your review is one that I can trust.  I really dont need Chris's course to do deals or make good money in real estate.  However, ego aside, he demonstrated to me at my local rei that he has a greater value to offer than other teachers.  I really dont do interest and dislike it very much.  Because of this I feel I am probably gonna connect with him in the future.  Thanks for the review.  Another real deal person to learn from is Wendy Patton.  Just thought I would throw that in there.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.