Chris McClatchey Multi-famly Guru Beware?

Chris McClatchey Multi-famly Guru Beware?

Investor 路 Overland Park, KS 路 Member since 2016 路 11 posts 路 6 votes

Has anyone else had a bad experience with this guy?  He is another 'no money down' guy, but as a student after paying thousands of dollars, he was never available, never answered my questions, and pawned all of his mentoring off to other people.

1Reply
210 views

Most Popular Reply

Spring, TX 路 Member since 2016 路 243 posts 路 203 votes
9y

So nice of Chris and staff to come on here and vouch for themselves!

See this reply in the discussion

69 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender 路 Kissimmee, FL 路 Member since 2016 路 7 posts 路 11 votes
    9y

     I am a real estate broker & owner of my own retail real estate  business in Central Florida.

     Actually I own and have personally taken many different real estate boot camps and courses including the largest and most popular ones available.  My experience and opinion couldn't be further and more contrary to your  characterization and implication.   In my opinion this is thee BEST coaching  and mentoring program I have ever  had the  good fortune  of experiencing .  McClatchy is accessible and easy to work with  and is extremely responsive.   When I have sent him questions that could have been answered with a text or an email he has requested a phone call and he picks up his phone  and answered my calls  & responses to my text almost immediately.   This is the way I handle my business so I appreciate the quick  professional knowledgeable responses.   My only complaint about Chris McClatchy and his course is that I didn't get started with him year's ago.   I sincerely wish I met him sooner.   I can also say with first hand knowledge that his staff is amazing, patient,  helpful accommodating and always in a good mood.  

     Since my experience  and sooo different I suspect Ed  You are not being honest and you should apologize  immediately  for the question and implication you know not to be true.   Everyone makes mistakes Ed, pick up the phone and  offer a sincere apology.   I have no doubt that you will be met with a reasonable tone and response when you do.   This is just my two cents. 

  • Investor 路 Oviedo, FL 路 Member since 2015 路 47 posts 路 14 votes
    9y
    I too am one of Chris McClatchy's Real Wealth students, but I apparently have a very different relationship with Chris' group than you. Chris and Steve are always available for me, and go above and beyond with their patience and guidance when I have questions. I've even had times that I've emailed a question to them (because I felt it wasn't worthy of an immediate phone answer), and within less than 5 minutes I'm getting a phone call to verify that I understand their emailed answer. Therefore, if a time comes that I might need to wait an hour or two for a response, I understand that they too have lives...as well as other students to mentor. Chris has been very upfront with all of us about the milestones happening within his family, and that he was taking some time to be with them. Frankly, I don't blame him at all, and would expect the same consideration if it were happening within my own family. To me, it doesn't matter which person I speak with, Chris or Steve, because I'm learning from both of them, as they each have their own unique talents and investment experiences that they bring to us. Sometimes you will go through a spurt of all Chris responses, other times it's all Steve. If Chris didn't trust Steve to give the right guidance, Steve wouldn't be his right-hand man. If Steve were not in the position that he has, Chris would never have time to call his own, because he'd have students to tend to 24/7. With both men in place, it's a good balance.
  • Real Estate Agent 路 Merritt Island, FL 路 Member since 2014 路 1 post 路 1 vote
    9y

    I was impressed with Chris' program and found Chris to be very responsive. After I was fired from my job in 2013, I signed up for Chris McClatchey's mentorship. With Chris McClatchey's help I was able to triple my business and I never had to find another 9-5 job again. 

  • Investor 路 Princeton, TX 路 Member since 2014 路 1k+ posts 路 1k+ votes
    9y

    I wish Fakespot expand to analyze biggerpocket reviews.

  • Investor 路 Converse, TX 路 Member since 2016 路 4 posts 路 3 votes
    9y

    I attended Chris McClatchey's program a year ago and I have nothing but Great things to say about him as a COACH & MENTOR! His program is top notch and has been responsible for me increasing my personal real estate goals & Networth! I recommend all to attend any of his trainings馃槑馃槑馃槑

  • Real Estate Investor 路 Rockville, MD 路 Member since 2016 路 6 posts 路 2 votes
    9y

    Yeah, I made 20k in the first 4 months of taking Chris's coaching program with no prior real estate experience and in my 20's.  Chris picked up the phone for me on weekends sometimes, texted back within an hour at most.  He is tough and very smart, his staff are nice.  

    I am put off by you coming here calling him "guy" when you were a student of his... no mention of trying to resolve your concern with Chris or staff... just doesn't feel right, something you're not telling.  

  • Spring, TX 路 Member since 2016 路 243 posts 路 203 votes
    9y

    So nice of Chris and staff to come on here and vouch for themselves!

  • Lender 路 Kissimmee, FL 路 Member since 2016 路 7 posts 路 11 votes
    9y

    So nice but kinda sad Kevin Coggins is so willing to destroy his own reputation.  111 votes Kevin and your willing to put your name on That ridiculous and frankly silly post, seriously? 

  • Investor 路 Denver, CO 路 Member since 2017 路 7 posts 路 0 votes
    9y

    I mean it is pretty obvious what's happening here.

  • Casselberry, FL 路 Member since 2016 路 27 posts 路 3 votes
    9y

    I have been a student of Chris McClatchey's amazing program for 3 months. In this very short timeframe, I have received some of the best one-on-one guidance I could ever ask for. Both Chris and Steve have always made themselves available to my inquiries, whether by text, email or through a direct phone conversation. The responsiveness by both is unmatched. I can refer back a few weeks ago, when I was asked by Steve to call him at a specified time to discuss a very promising lead. I was passed that time by 1 min and Steve was calling me馃榾He was so attentive to the situation, not wanting me to miss any time in making a counteroffer (NOW THAT'S RESPONSIVE).

    Personally, I love having the different mix of educational and personal experience I get from both men. I have learned a ton more from that dynamic.

  • Spring, TX 路 Member since 2016 路 243 posts 路 203 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Al Garcia:

    So nice but kinda sad Kevin Coggins is so willing to destroy his own reputation.  111 votes Kevin and your willing to put your name on That ridiculous and frankly silly post, seriously? 

    You misspelled the guy's name you were vouching for, just a heads up.

  • Real Estate Investor 路 Tempe, AZ 路 Member since 2012 路 874 posts 路 648 votes
    9y
    Seriously, Al. 2 posts, the first of which was demanding an apology from someone whose opinion differed from your own, and the second being a threat to a regular contributor's reputation. I gather you've not been around long enough to see people (imposters, generally) run out of this community. Good luck. *Note, I have no idea who McClatchy is, and frankly don't care.
  • Lender 路 Kissimmee, FL 路 Member since 2016 路 7 posts 路 11 votes
    9y

    Kevin Coggins, using voice to text, just a heads up. 

  • Real Estate Investor 路 Rockville, MD 路 Member since 2016 路 6 posts 路 2 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Kevin Coggins:

    So nice of Chris and staff to come on here and vouch for themselves!

    My name is Michael Garcia, my company name is Equus Properties, LLC. so no, not Chris or his staff.

    You can call me on my website number Kevin, I'd like to ask you over the phone if you're through embarrassing yourself here.  

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Rockford, IL 路 Member since 2014 路 4k+ posts 路 2k+ votes
    9y

    Perhaps one of you who have had a positive experience with Chris McClatchey could ask him to address Edward and his concerns. That might be more productive than this exchange.

  • Spring, TX 路 Member since 2016 路 243 posts 路 203 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Michael G.:
    Originally posted by @Kevin Coggins:

    So nice of Chris and staff to come on here and vouch for themselves!

    My name is Michael Garcia, my company name is Equus Properties, LLC. so no, not Chris or his staff.

    You can call me on my website number Kevin, I'd like to ask you over the phone if you're through embarrassing yourself here.  

    Equuis Properties, LLC is owned by Chris McCormick.

  • Investor 路 Overland Park, KS 路 Member since 2016 路 11 posts 路 6 votes
    9y

    Thanks for the glowing review Al.

    Our experience is vastly different from yours.  

    It seems that you should provide full disclosure for your testimonial.

  • Melbourne, FL 路 Member since 2015 路 22 posts 路 28 votes
    9y

    @David Dachtera Thank you for your post.   I wish this thread did not take the turn that it did.  However, my students and I have created a very close knit investment community that we protect, similar to the posts by @Account Closed to make sure the Bigger Pockets community is protected.  I know that Bigger Pockets has an "anti-guru" tendency, so I wish anyone wishing to know more about me check out all the other threads.  I have in the past even offered Bigger Pockets members to attend my seminars for free with the only requirement that they post an honest review of what I teach.  Please feel free to read those reviews on the other threads.  I will also extend that "free" invitation to David, Michael, Kevin and Alan, if you wish.

    So let me address a few of the other issues and then address the original post.

    1. Everyone that has posted a response (except those named above), including the original poster are in fact real students of mine.  I don't take a lot of students and as a result, I know each and every one of them and have for the past 8 years.  I am happy to provide proof of that to anyone that is skeptical.  My office phone is on my profile.  

    2. I do personally teach each and everyone of my students.  I do have an assistant Steve who also does some of the teaching.  Steve has been through my program 2x and teaches a few topics for me at my seminars as well.  Everyone knows Steve and knows he a part of the program.  It is the only way to not be answering my phone, texts and email 24/7.  I am primarily an investor with a family too, so this is fully discussed up front. 

    3. As for Ed's original post, I would suggest asking him why he posted this.  I don't want to get into personal life, finances and catalyst for this post on a public forum, however I assure you, I protect my group and want to make sure the deals being forwarded back and forth can be trusted.  I was attempting to help Ed by forwarding a deal he had to our Network even though he as not eligible because of his situation.   I also did reach out to him via text several times and spoke to Ed and he was unwilling to remedy the situation.  As a result, I took him out of the group and that is what prompted his post.  I do not believe I need to go into more detail on this matter as I don't believe this is the forum and I don't want to talk publicly about a student.

    4.  I am more than willing to work with Ed to resolve this issue, however the ball is in his court.

    If anyone wants to know more about me, my experience, my area of expertise and/or what my group stands for, I am happy to discuss this one on one with you.  

    Chris McClatchey

  • Investor 路 Overland Park, KS 路 Member since 2016 路 11 posts 路 6 votes
    9y

    I was curious as to why so many glowing reviews popped up at the same time forChris McClatchy.  Apparently he asked for them this morning though an email campaign as a reaction to m concerns for his program.  So take the previous reviews for what they are worth.

  • Real Estate Investor 路 Rockville, MD 路 Member since 2016 路 6 posts 路 2 votes
    9y

     I own 100% of Equus now you're incorrect. Kevin you're not going to discredit the fact real people are supporting Chris McClatchey here. 

  • COLORADO SPRINGS, CO 路 Member since 2017 路 1 post 路 0 votes
    9y

    I MET CHRIS AND STEVE A FEW YEARS BACK IN COLORADO. WENT TO TWO SEMINARS AND INSTANTLY TOOK TO HIM AND LOVE WHAT HE HAD TO SAY. HIS SEMINARS WE A LITTLE PRICEY BUT YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. I HEARD SOME PEOPLE COMPLAIN THAT HIS SCHOOL IS EXPENSIVE HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT COLLEGE COST? IM PAYING FOR A BACHELORS AND MASTERS DEGREES. MY COMPLAINT IS THAT HE HASNT COME BACK TO COLORADO SPRINGS CAUSE I NEED ME SOME CHRIS AND STEVE. 

  • Melbourne, FL 路 Member since 2015 路 22 posts 路 28 votes
    9y

    @Edward Perkins, Yes I sent an email out to our Deal Network letting them know that the person being removed from the group had taken to the Bigger Pockets Forum to discredit the integrity of our group.  I am fiercely protective of my students and they are fiercely protective of the group.  I did not solicit any of these responses and if you read the email, I told them to post their honest reviews.   I don't want to go into more detail of why you were removed from the group but will if you keep this line of communication going.  I am also open to discussing this with you personally one on one if you wish.  You have my personal cell phone number just as all of my students do.

  • Beverly Hills, FL 路 Member since 2013 路 388 posts 路 62 votes
    9y

    I have known Chris since 2011 and been a student of his since 2012. I have never had any problems with Chris he has been there to answer any question or questions I had. I have found him to be extremely knowledgable and truthful to a fault. 

  • Rental Property Investor 路 San Diego, CA 路 Member since 2013 路 3k+ posts 路 4k+ votes
    9y
    This thread is AWESOME! :)
  • Flipper 路 Morton, IL 路 Member since 2017 路 15 posts 路 7 votes
    9y
    Edward Perkins From the outside looking in. You should probably throw in the towel Ed. Reading this thread sounds like your the only disgruntled one in the bunch. Looks like your options are go find someone else to pay to teach you or go it alone and pay for your mistakes instead of education and coaching. Good luck with your future real estate ventures.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.