• Covington, LA
Votes |
Than Merrill - Wealth Builders Seminar

Will Sifert#3 Tax Liens & Mortgage Notes Contributor
  • Investor
  • Covington, LA
Posted Jul 18 2012, 21:17

opps meant to put "FORTUNE Builders"

I just left the Fortune Builders Seminar in New Orleans, La. It was the free 2 hour seminar. I did some quick research before hand to find out how much the classes would be that they were going to offer at the end (no one does anything for free and you have to be naive to think something can be learned well in a couple hours.) so I was well aware that there was going to be an "up sell" involved. $197 seemed like a reasonable amount of money so I figured I would attend the free seminar and if I liked what they were saying and if it looked like there would be value in learning their system I would spend the $197 to do the 3 day class.

My background: I have very little experience in flipping houses. I was the investor side of a partnership with a contractor, building spec homes until about 4 years. After we stopped building I started buying properties at tax sales. The tax sales only happen once a year so I am looking for something else real estate related that I can do year round. While I have a general knowledge in real estate, I don't know much about REO's, foreclosures or wholesaling so I'm thinking their course would be a good foundation for me to build on. With 3 full days of classes I hope I learn a few things.

Has anyone else attended one of Than Merrill's 3 day classes? I hear the next up sell is the mentor program for $40,000.

Loading replies...