Find vacant homes now

Find vacant homes now

Real Estate Investor · Encinitas, CA · Member since 2013 · 25 posts · 7 votes

Does any one know anything about Kent Clothier's new software designed to find vacant homes?

I have not found any information or reviews on the internet. I would like to know if it is worth the $995.

Thanks.

Leo

1Reply
454 views

Most Popular Reply

Residential Real Estate Agent · Mc Keesport, PA · Member since 2012 · 449 posts · 154 votes
13y

I have apprehensions because any system that is made super easy and highly accessible to the general public has the potential to become over-saturated very quickly. As an example, on this program you can target high equity vacant homes and mail the letters with just a credit card and a few mouse clicks. Great right? But how many other people are on their laptop with a credit card doing the same thing? How many other people think this is so great and they're right beside you mailing the same addresses with the same letters? Nobody is able to scrub their list to filter out duplicate addresses, that is, addresses that others in the system have or are about to mail to. It would be fantastic if Kent had incorporated this scrubbing into the system, but no such luck. And, of course, that would cut down on the profits that are being generated from the mailers.

In this business the more work you have to do to get the leads the less competition there is, which equals a higher response and more high-quality deals. Conversely, the easier it is to get the leads the more competition moves in and the effectiveness of that strategy dwindles. The real deals in this program may very well be found in skip tracing the owners of the returned mail. That's additional work, and more work means most others won't do it.

See this reply in the discussion

138 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2012 · 3 posts · 5 votes
    13y

    Hey Guys,

    Chris Richter here, coFounder of Find Motivated Sellers Now. I saw this thread, and wanted to chime in and hopefully help you guys that have come on board with us.

    First, I can tell you that it has been and honor and privilege to work in partnership with the Clothier family through this project. These guys have integrity, we stand behind our products, and it was no accident that I chose to put my trust in them among so many people in this field with my best information and livelihood.

    As far as the product goes, I’ve seen some good questions, and I appreciate the support from those that are having success by taking action.

    Look guys, there are no “magic beans”. This system is no different, you have to work it for it to work. That said, after having done tv., radio, SEO, PPC, direct mail, billboards, signs, and every niche out there…. This has produced the best results for us, period. It isn’t perfect, it is just the best system we have used so far to find motivated sellers and we have people all over the country right now having great results by actually using it.

    As far as the data goes, it isn’t really too complicated. We access multiple sources for data - including the US postal service. By using multiple sources, intense filtering, cross referencing, and verifying – it allows us to give you the best information possible.

    Now, just because a place was vacant yesterday, doesn’t mean it will be vacant tomorrow. Frankly, most will get filled back up with tenants, new owners, ect. But, at the end of the day, again… it is about results. This system is proven over and over to produce results – period. Of course you still have to do the work!!

    I don’t do a whole lot of blogging, but we absolutely stand behind everything we put out. If you ever have questions or concerns, you can shoot us an email at [REMOVED] or simply call customer support and we will help you. If necessary, I will personally get on the phone with you to help you have success with this tool. No unicorns here, but you gotta work it for it to work.

    P.S. – As much as I would love to let this ride along.. I am not a NASA rocket scientist!! I do have a degree in physics and math, and, when I was a young man I did work as an engineer in partnership with NASA and JPL. But, as someone said… this is real estate!! You don’t have to be a rocket scientist, you just have to go get it.

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y

    @Leonardo Cadenazzi there are much better ways to spend $1000 at this point. I'm actively wholesaling, in your market doing several deals a month. I feel like that gives me enough insight to give real advice here. I am humored by the fact that some just think you can buy a system, mail a few and boom a desperate lead appears. This could happen, but there is only one thing that gets you motivated sellers. Contacting them, at the right time when they are really motivated to sell. The law of averages is what you need to pay attention to. You just have to mail a lot, keep every lead in your data base and follow up follow up follow up. The money is in the data base and the follow up!

  • Landlord · Dallas, TX · Member since 2012 · 505 posts · 34 votes
    13y

    @Tim G.

    Very much in agreement. You would be much better off using that $1,000 to get a list of absentee owners with high equity and start regularly mailing them.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Mc Keesport, PA · Member since 2012 · 449 posts · 154 votes
    13y

    @Account Closed

    Do you have an update on your mailer through this program?

    @Chris Richter

    Thanks for the input. The great thing about sites like BiggerPockets is that you can talk with people who are actually using the product, so their take on the product isn't a sales pitch, damage control, or anything along these lines. I'm not saying the product is either effective or ineffective, I'm just saying that getting first-hand feedback from actual users is very beneficial.

    In fact, I use another program from Kent Clothier and I'm happy with it. I trust that he wouldn't promote this product unless it was legit. Reputations can be burned in a matter of hours with social media being what it is today. Hopefully we'll hear more success stories from users in the future. Yet I'm aware that some people don't want to share what's working for competition sake. And others don't want to share what's not working for "saving face" sake. So it takes some discernment to get to the truth.

  • Real Estate Investor · Deer Park, TX · Member since 2013 · 30 posts · 4 votes
    13y

    @Jerry Kisasonak sorry for the delayed response. I'd say my response rate to the mailers is about 10%. The info is the same as before, some houses are vacant, some are not, most all are fairly motivated. I'm continuing along with the system and have just continued to zero in on specific areas to see if my results will pay off. No closed deals from these mailers to date. Jennifer :)

  • Landlord · Dallas, TX · Member since 2012 · 505 posts · 34 votes
    13y

    @Account Closed Are you using the templates that come with the program, or are you using your own templates for the mailers? Best of luck hope you get a property soon.

  • Real Estate Investor · Deer Park, TX · Member since 2013 · 30 posts · 4 votes
    13y

    @Samantha M.

    I'm using the templates that come with the program. I have had them do the mailings for me. Thanks!

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2013 · 42 posts · 7 votes
    13y

    Is there any reason why 2 people in 2 different markets can't buy the system and share it - cut the cost in half?

  • Real Estate Investor · OR · Member since 2012 · 390 posts · 133 votes
    13y

    Haven't got time right this minit to read through whole thread . . . will later instead of sleep.

    I am planning to buy the system next week (too busy juggling to close some props right now) based on my experience with the find cash buyers system. I've been very happy with it!! : > One buyer that came in from a mailing of only 70 letters (I did them myself) bought 2 properties this month and will probably do the same next month.

    I would really be surprised to hear that Kent Clothier would put out anything scammy or inferior. My investment so far has been well worth it.

    Can't wait to read the rest of this thread. Happy investing everyone : >

  • Chris ClothierBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y
    Originally posted by George Margareti:
    Is there any reason why 2 people in 2 different markets can't buy the system and share it - cut the cost in half?

    George -

    I don't play any role in Kent's company nor do I have any financial interest in his programs, but I can answer this question. Absolutely you could. I am sure there is a limit to the records and markets to prevent someone from simply coming onto the system and printing data to resell. That being said, I know you can pull data on more than one market and if you had a partner working a second market, you could pull data and email to that market too.

  • Mansfield, TX · Member since 2013 · 207 posts · 26 votes
    13y

    Any experiences with the system so far?

  • Real Estate Investor · Tyler, TX · Member since 2011 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Steven Walter:
    I sat through the webinar and while they tell a good story, at the end it still sounded like they were selling magic beans. In another thread on this topic, I posted that a friend of mine is in IT for one of the larger cities in SoCal and identifying vacant properties is a challenge even for them.
    What I didn't see in the presentation was a methodology or basis for an algorithm that could identify vacancies.

    These are some of the best magic beans I've had @ Steven Walter.

    I live in a small town and it still got me nearly 2000 properties. Granted a few are properties that the owners address and vacant address are the same. But those are the best ones. At least for me. I have Wholesaled a few of the properties on the vacant list already. I also got a call from the list 3 days after I bought the system. So its working pretty good so far. Happy Investing Everyone.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Fort Worth , TX · Member since 2012 · 211 posts · 152 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Tomias Choice:
    Originally posted by @Steven Walter:
    I sat through the webinar and while they tell a good story, at the end it still sounded like they were selling magic beans. In another thread on this topic, I posted that a friend of mine is in IT for one of the larger cities in SoCal and identifying vacant properties is a challenge even for them.
    What I didn't see in the presentation was a methodology or basis for an algorithm that could identify vacancies.

    A new forum user with a single post, in this specific thread, to speak to the efficacy of the find vacant properties now program. Convenient...

  • Long Beach, CA · Member since 2013 · 79 posts · 8 votes
    12y

    @Tomias

    @Tomias Choice if it works for you, God bless! Seriously. You say you live in a small town. In my part of the forest, (Long Beach, CA) I am lucky to find 2,000 absentee owners in a given Zip code. I never intended my post (or any others) to sound adversarial, so if you can find business, please share. We're all working towards the same goal.

    As I mentioned previously, even local government is challenged with identifying vacant properties.

  • Real Estate Investor · Tyler, TX · Member since 2011 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    LoL guys. I just sayed it worked for me. Nothing more. Just happy its working. Have a Great Day and Happy Investing!

  • Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2012 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    I have used Kent's find cash buyers now and I was fairly impressed with it. I would be interested in going half on this program with someone.

    Please PM me to discuss.

  • Real Estate Agent · Santa Barbara, CA · Member since 2013 · 49 posts · 14 votes
    12y

    Hi @ Steven Gottlieb,

    Does the software limit you to one area or is it provide state and/or national coverage? Seems for that price you'd get at least your entire state. Laurie

  • Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 17 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    One of my partner's has this system. I am using it now to find vacant houses, I will definitely let you know the quality of calls I am getting.. I am pretty much sending out 20-30 letters a day, will let you know if I get any motivated calls/sellers from it!

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Mc Keesport, PA · Member since 2012 · 449 posts · 154 votes
    12y

    @Account Closed

    Your partner didn't tell you any info on how it's working out for him?

  • Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 17 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    He did we actually closed a deal on it from an out of state owner in the Bahamas, He just doesn't send out enough only about 30 a week.. I want to rev it up and get 150 out a week which is 600 a month on vacant homes there would have to be a deal in there, My biggest thing is making sure I don't get a lot of returned addresses,( so I know there accurate)

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Mc Keesport, PA · Member since 2012 · 449 posts · 154 votes
    12y

    @Account Closed

    Sounds great John. Keep us posted on your results!

  • Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 17 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    Will do Definitely!

  • Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 51 posts · 20 votes
    12y

    So what do you do with the vacant property you find and the owner(s) are M I A and the lender (if any) refuses to foreclose?

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Mc Keesport, PA · Member since 2012 · 449 posts · 154 votes
    12y

    @Angel Gutierrez

    I would hire a skip tracer to locate the owner if the deal was looked good enough.

  • Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 51 posts · 20 votes
    12y

    What if you still come up empty handed? Nobody to sign a deed on the dotted line? Then what?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.