Residential Assisted Living & RAL Academy

Residential Assisted Living & RAL Academy

Investor · La Mirada, CA · Member since 2017 · 54 posts · 11 votes

I have read a lot of posts on Residential Assisted Living, that I am considering getting involved in, and seems like many of the posts make reference to RAL Academy and noted that there is an online version and in person version . . . wondering if any of you have taken either and if you would recommend one over the other and why.

2Reply
179 views

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate · Southern New Jersey · Member since 2014 · 78 posts · 31 votes
    5y

    I have been to the 3-day and it is a well run event, by professional persons.  Suggest you go to their site, there is approx 7 videos for you to watch to see if you want to go to the next step.  You can PM me if you like and i include my telephone below.  
    Best wishes, AB

  • Investor · Turlock CA · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 5 votes
    3y

    Hello @John Busch

    Hope you are doing well.  Just wanted to inquire how it went. Did you attend the training? What was your experience like?  I am looking into RAL Academy. Would greatly appreciate any feedback

  • Investor · La Mirada, CA · Member since 2017 · 54 posts · 11 votes
    2y

    Sorry, have not been on in a while - I did not attend the event and currently have decided not to pursue RAL and focus on our single family and multifamily properties.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Evergreen, CO · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 726 votes
    2y

    RAL Academy is legit. Gene is solid. I met him at the Pitbull (now NPLA) conference in Scottsdale before COVID. Have followed him since. 

  • Real Estate Consultant · Evergreen, CO · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 726 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Nate Marshall:

    RAL Academy is legit. Gene is solid. I met him at the Pitbull (now NPLA) conference in Scottsdale before COVID. Have followed him since. 


     I believe the RAL Academy is the premier group for Residential Assisted Living. Gene unlike most people who try to do what he does, does what he does. Meaning educating and providing resources is complimentary to his own investing. 

  • Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 4 votes
    2y

    Highly recommend the RAL Academy. I got about 20ish page of hand written notes from the 3 day event. Simply amazing and very informative. Be prepared that they will be promoting an optional mentorship program at the end. It was a great crash course on the basics of a RAL business from location, staffing, patient selection, and branding. A bus tour drove you around town to look at the homes "hidden" in plain site, which you'd never guess were RAL's. They are a great crowd, and networking was amazing.

  • Rental Property Investor · Bellmawr, NJ · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Michael Wheeler:

    Highly recommend the RAL Academy. I got about 20ish page of hand written notes from the 3 day event. Simply amazing and very informative. Be prepared that they will be promoting an optional mentorship program at the end. It was a great crash course on the basics of a RAL business from location, staffing, patient selection, and branding. A bus tour drove you around town to look at the homes "hidden" in plain site, which you'd never guess were RAL's. They are a great crowd, and networking was amazing.

    I just finished the self paced course and just got off the phone with them concerning the Gold and Platinum programs for mentorship.  Did you go this route and if so, how did you fare?
    • Killeen, TX · Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Steven Terrell:
      Quote from @Michael Wheeler:

      Highly recommend the RAL Academy. I got about 20ish page of hand written notes from the 3 day event. Simply amazing and very informative. Be prepared that they will be promoting an optional mentorship program at the end. It was a great crash course on the basics of a RAL business from location, staffing, patient selection, and branding. A bus tour drove you around town to look at the homes "hidden" in plain site, which you'd never guess were RAL's. They are a great crowd, and networking was amazing.

      I just finished the self paced course and just got off the phone with them concerning the Gold and Platinum programs for mentorship.  Did you go this route and if so, how did you fare?

      I just purchased the virtual course. Would love to pick your brain as someone who finished the course and was deciding to do their mentorship program. Have you open a hoe since, and did you opt in to their mentorship program? If so is the value you are receiving any good?
    • Rental Property Investor · Bellmawr, NJ · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 0 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Omotoyosi Oyedeji:
      Quote from @Steven Terrell:
      Quote from @Michael Wheeler:

      Highly recommend the RAL Academy. I got about 20ish page of hand written notes from the 3 day event. Simply amazing and very informative. Be prepared that they will be promoting an optional mentorship program at the end. It was a great crash course on the basics of a RAL business from location, staffing, patient selection, and branding. A bus tour drove you around town to look at the homes "hidden" in plain site, which you'd never guess were RAL's. They are a great crowd, and networking was amazing.

      I just finished the self paced course and just got off the phone with them concerning the Gold and Platinum programs for mentorship.  Did you go this route and if so, how did you fare?

      I just purchased the virtual course. Would love to pick your brain as someone who finished the course and was deciding to do their mentorship program. Have you open a hoe since, and did you opt in to their mentorship program? If so is the value you are receiving any good?

       I decided to not go for the mentorship packages; for me personally it was too expensive.

    • Member since 2022 · 3 posts · 0 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Steven Terrell:
      Quote from @Michael Wheeler:

      Highly recommend the RAL Academy. I got about 20ish page of hand written notes from the 3 day event. Simply amazing and very informative. Be prepared that they will be promoting an optional mentorship program at the end. It was a great crash course on the basics of a RAL business from location, staffing, patient selection, and branding. A bus tour drove you around town to look at the homes "hidden" in plain site, which you'd never guess were RAL's. They are a great crowd, and networking was amazing.

      I just finished the self paced course and just got off the phone with them concerning the Gold and Platinum programs for mentorship.  Did you go this route and if so, how did you fare?

       what did you think of the self pace? is it worth it to buy? what is your next steps?

    • Member since 2022 · 3 posts · 0 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Omotoyosi Oyedeji:
      Quote from @Steven Terrell:
      Quote from @Michael Wheeler:

      Highly recommend the RAL Academy. I got about 20ish page of hand written notes from the 3 day event. Simply amazing and very informative. Be prepared that they will be promoting an optional mentorship program at the end. It was a great crash course on the basics of a RAL business from location, staffing, patient selection, and branding. A bus tour drove you around town to look at the homes "hidden" in plain site, which you'd never guess were RAL's. They are a great crowd, and networking was amazing.

      I just finished the self paced course and just got off the phone with them concerning the Gold and Platinum programs for mentorship.  Did you go this route and if so, how did you fare?

      I just purchased the virtual course. Would love to pick your brain as someone who finished the course and was deciding to do their mentorship program. Have you open a hoe since, and did you opt in to their mentorship program? If so is the value you are receiving any good?

       did you purchase the self pace course of rala? What did you think of it? whats your next step?

  • Real Estate Consultant · Evergreen, CO · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 726 votes
    1y

    I highly recommend this. The people behind this are as solid as Mt Everest!!! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.