• Real Estate Agent
  • Capital Region, NY
Votes |
New Investor/RE Agent from the Capital Region

Joshua Powell
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Capital Region, NY
Posted Aug 3 2019, 10:54

Hello fellow Biggerpockets members! I've been lurker for quite a while now, soaking up as much information as possible through all the educational resources Biggerpockets has to offer. Back in January of this year, I picked up my passion for real estate after being dissatisfied with the higher education offered at my local university, and started my search for a different approach to life that involved reaching financial freedom as quickly as possible instead of working an unfulfilling corporate day job for the next 40 years. It became apparent real estate was my best option to lead to the promise land!!

In the past 8 months or so, I have listened to hundreds of podcasts, read more than a dozen RE focused books, joined my local REI Network, optioned my RE License, and am now closing on first property! My goal as an investor is continue a focus on acquiring a mixture of SF and MF properties with an emphasis on cash flow, with enough units in 5 years to take my first "mini retirement"(Yes, I am huge "4 Hour Work Week" fan) and travel the world freely. That means having efficient systems in place to allow the flexibility for traveling. As an agent, I want use my profession synergistic with what I want to do as an investor, meaning helping others finding investment properties for themselves in the capital region while using the capital, market knowledge, relationships, and leads I gain to put back into my investing business.

I look forward to making connections with others in the Biggerpockets community, whether in the Capital Region or all the way across the country, and helping each other make our businesses  and portfolios grow more than we ever could do on our own. If anyone is interested in finding an investment property in the Capital Region themselves, feel free to send me a message and I can help you out!

Loading replies...