This is both for investors and agents: (I am both and would consider at least the FB ads for both)
do you have any recent experience with buying Zillow leads and/or FB ads you would like to share?
The reason why I am saying recent is that I have tried out both a veeeerrryy long time ago (about 10 years almost) and paid a ton of money with absolutely zero results.
I have now heard (very limited) more positive results. From what I have gathered is that they are slightly cheaper now and they work better but that feedback was mostly about Zillow.
To give you some tea, I paid $4K to Zillow and it produced nothing fruitful and $2K to someone for FB ads with the same results.
Am considering it both for my Realtor and my Investing business, because frankly I hate cold calling lol and that's what I am doing currently.
Facebook and google are what we use and it varies based on analytics and cpc
Some months Facebook does much better at a much lower number and others it’s google. Whichever method you use I believe most will say you need to spend some decent $ over a period of time to get it to work properly.
That’s why ad testing and data lists are so important, as they keep costs down! With my company, we run multiple ads using a broad based audience and see which ones perform the best. Our goal for a successful as is 5-10 cents per engagement. Then we use the most popular ads and target data lists. So much of digital marketing is a shout into the void, but refinement makes it much more cost efficient.
As far as Zillow leads, I would not recommend allocating any money here. They are very expensive, and Zillow will sell the same leads to you and 5 other agents, so they are not exclusive to you.
As for Facebook Ads, a lot of people complain and say they don't work, but they typically don't give them enough time to see results. I will say you will get a lot of False leads from FB, but they are so cheap that the volume ends up making up for it.
I run Facebook Ads for several Agent clients, and we are getting buyer leads for around $5-8 a piece depending on the market. It is more of a long term play with FB ads, as you typically only see about a 1% closing rate from these leads. But if you calculate the numbers to where you are spending about $500-1000 to close a deal, it is very affordable compared to other marketing methods.
It is all about the follow up systems and staying top of mind with all of these leads, as they are typically cold leads that are a few months out from making any type of decisions.
Real Estate Agent · Kansas City · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
4y
Zillow is expensive. Our team pays 7K monthly for leads in a few zips. These are mainly owner occupant buyers, price range typically 150K. We get an average of 50-70 leads a month. Our conversion is 4-5% but that doesn't include referrals, repeat costumers from Zillow's. We have bought Zillow leads since they first started. It has gotten more expensive and less leads but we like them. They aren't don't have a crazy ROI but it's a pillar. I don't recommend them if you are new or if you don't have a CRM/system to follow up. I am curious about FB leads
This is both for investors and agents: (I am both and would consider at least the FB ads for both)
do you have any recent experience with buying Zillow leads and/or FB ads you would like to share?
The reason why I am saying recent is that I have tried out both a veeeerrryy long time ago (about 10 years almost) and paid a ton of money with absolutely zero results.
I have now heard (very limited) more positive results. From what I have gathered is that they are slightly cheaper now and they work better but that feedback was mostly about Zillow.
To give you some tea, I paid $4K to Zillow and it produced nothing fruitful and $2K to someone for FB ads with the same results.
Am considering it both for my Realtor and my Investing business, because frankly I hate cold calling lol and that's what I am doing currently.
Hi, Stefanie!
I work for a digital marketing company that assists in various aspects of real estate — rentals, sells, mortgage lenders, etc. In general, we can get about 100,000 views to your ideal client for $250. Not all of these views are unique, and that’s a good thing. A potential client needs to see your ad about 6 to 12 times in order to engage with it.
The biggest challenge people face when running any digital ad is finding their target demographic. The majority of people running their own advertisements using broad based targeting, while a good marketing company will be able to ensure your ads are only going to your target audience (think location, income level, search history, etc).
The best advice I can give anyone in social media marketing is to follow the data. Use data for your targeting and data for your creative content. Data for targeting commonly involves extensive research and procuring lists. Data for content includes drafting multiple ad copies and running split tests to see what is most effective. It usually takes 3 - 6 months to start seeing results and receive the payoff. Just gotta do your research and play the long game!
Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
4y
Facebook and google are what we use and it varies based on analytics and cpc
Some months Facebook does much better at a much lower number and others it’s google. Whichever method you use I believe most will say you need to spend some decent $ over a period of time to get it to work properly.
Rental Property Investor · Russellville, AR · Member since 2014 · 684 posts · 509 votes
4y
I agree with some others that FB will provide quantity, but not quality. It will fill up your CRM and if your follow-up game is strong, eventually it will lead to a closing. We train our agents to focus on their SOI and spend a small amount of time with the FB/online leads that come in. We never bought Zillow because of the way they blast their leads to several offices.
Facebook and google are what we use and it varies based on analytics and cpc
Some months Facebook does much better at a much lower number and others it’s google. Whichever method you use I believe most will say you need to spend some decent $ over a period of time to get it to work properly.
That’s why ad testing and data lists are so important, as they keep costs down! With my company, we run multiple ads using a broad based audience and see which ones perform the best. Our goal for a successful as is 5-10 cents per engagement. Then we use the most popular ads and target data lists. So much of digital marketing is a shout into the void, but refinement makes it much more cost efficient.