Ringless Voicemail Broadcast Marketing

Ringless Voicemail Broadcast Marketing

Real Estate Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2015 · 25 posts · 3 votes

Hello guys,

I've been meaning to sign up for a couple years but never pulled the trigger until now so I can ask this question.

I'm a real estate wholesaler/flipper and I'm looking to scale my business. One strategy I'm looking into is ringless voicemail broadcasting.

I know a lot has to do with the target, sales skills, etc... but say we compare it to every door direct type advertising. How does it compare? Is the end result better or worse than postcards?

I'm hope to pick your brains as to the success rate you've seen from your RVB campaigns in terms of call back rates%.

Also, what's the average number of call backs that will translate to a contract from RVB?

Any opinions would be much appreciated.

1Reply
182 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
8y

We don't do this kind of marketing, although it sounds interesting. 

I've noticed some people liking it, but there's a few on here who seem to get genuinely angered by it. Isn't all marketing annoying if the product or service isn't something you're interested in? Why is this one any different?

I have to hear about car insurance commercials on TV, radio, billboards. I don't need car insurance. I get junk mail for credit cards every day. I just ignore it. 

If every company knew who their customer was and when they needed their service, there really wouldn't be a need for marketing at all, would there? 

See this reply in the discussion

53 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 351 posts · 141 votes
    9y

    @Dan Nguyen I've done a decent amount of creative lead gen. but have honestly never heard of this ! 

    Have you tried it before? Any successes? Cost per voicemail? I am very curious 

  • Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 351 posts · 141 votes
    9y
  • Real Estate Agent · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 180 posts · 69 votes
    9y

    @Alex Capozzolo Stratics Network charges about $99 for 1000 voicemails, and $299 for about 3,750 voicemails. 

    @Dan Nguyen I am also curious on call back %. 

    I think it is worth looking into. I haven't heard of anyone doing this before. 

  • Investor · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2015 · 254 posts · 136 votes
    8y

    @Dan Nguyen @Jon Sanborn @Alex Capozzolo 

    I have been doing direct mail for a while but I am now getting into the voicemail broadcast marketing arena as we speak.

    I have set up an account with "slybroadcast" so I'll post back the results. Now I just need phone numbers lol.

    Anyone else test this stuff since the original post?

  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 14 votes
    8y

    Like Nicholas we also are using SkyBroadcast. We have been using them for several months and have gotten 2 or 3 deals from follow up Ringless VMs out of the around 100 on a follow up sequence. Just make sure you aren't offering to list the home, as this can sometimes be against DNC regulations, if not fully disclosed.

  • Investor · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2015 · 254 posts · 136 votes
    8y

    @Alex Brant

    Nice!

    Where are you getting your phone numbers?  

  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 14 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Nicholas Armstrong:

    @Alex Brant

    Nice!

    Where are you getting your phone numbers?  

     We do a lot of direct mail and PPC generation in which people call us and we either get the deal, put on follow up or mark lost.

    As far as getting lists with phone numbers, I would focus on buying in areas you want to market, getting addresses in that area and pulling the phone numbers in that area. We use LexisNexis for that.

  • Investor · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2015 · 254 posts · 136 votes
    8y

    @Alex Brant

    Awesome, I have been getting the numbers from the probate list I mail to.  How has your experience been with LexisNexis?

  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 14 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Nicholas Armstrong:

    @Alex Brant

    Awesome, I have been getting the numbers from the probate list I mail to.  How has your experience been with LexisNexis?

     Pretty good! About 70-75% of the addresses have numbers and a fairly high actual owner contact. Still tracking this data, since cold calling is one of our newer processes.

  • Investor · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2015 · 254 posts · 136 votes
    8y

    @Alex Brant

    That's Great! How was the application process? I've heard people have had difficulties with such platforms

  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 14 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Nicholas Armstrong:

    @Alex Brant

    That's Great! How was the application process? I've heard people have had difficulties with such platforms

     Not bad! Just be honest with them. You can also try colerealtyresource.com if any issues come up.

  • Rental Property Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 63 posts · 18 votes
    8y

    @Alex Brant How has RVM been performing for you lately? Still seeing good results? 

  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 14 votes
    8y

    @ Johnathan Mark not sure what RVM is exactly? We are actually trying to start a new Cold Calling program in March with Lexus Nexus. I'll post more when we track that.

  • Altadena, CA · Member since 2015 · 66 posts · 58 votes
    8y

    I have been using ringless voicemail for about a month now! The results are phenomenal when compared to direct mailing. The secret in the sauce is lead capture, and accuracy of phone numbers. Its also a needle in a haystack method since we are targeting the masses and sending out thousands of voicemails at once. The only downside that i see in the actual process is when dropping a voicemail, the sellers phone rings once. What i find to happen is alot of people will just immediately call back without listening to the voicemail, but overall it beats my sister and I having to make 200 calls a day! 

    if you have any questions please feel free to ask! 

  • Altadena, CA · Member since 2015 · 66 posts · 58 votes
    8y

    ill share my results with my last RVM broadcast. Sent out 1600 voicemail drops yesterday. Out of the 1600/682 were delivered (accuracy of phone numbers is the KEY). our of the 682, i had 55 people respond (8% response ratio). Out of the 55, about 4-5 leads went into the funnel. Not bad i suppose, definitely beats my direct mail campaign. 

  • China, ME · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    8y

    FWIW, I *despise* ringless voicemails with the passion of 1,000 burning suns.  I will instantly block that number and delete the voicemail.  And one of these days when I'm cranky enough, I might try to collect damages for illegal robocalling.  

    If you want to talk with me, call me.  If you just want to mass-broadcast spam, then please take a long walk off a short pier.

  • Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    While some may find ringless vmails annoying the fact is they work. If someone records the vmail message naturally (not like you are reading a script) most people would have no clue it was pre-recorded.

    It is also worth mentioning that while voice broadcasting is illegal, ringless vmails are not.

  • Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2018 · 28 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    @Jonathan Messri the response rate is night and day compared to DM - you can't beat RVM! Its a numbers game so you need to crank up your next campaign.  Glad to hear you're getting a good response!

  • Altadena, CA · Member since 2015 · 66 posts · 58 votes
    8y

    yeah definitely  @Brian Chesla! Im doing about 2k voicemails a week right now. What do you usually push out on a weekly basis and how often do you recycle the list? 

    Also if you don't mind me asking, any specific source for phone numbers you are using? 

  • Real Estate Broker · MA · Member since 2013 · 361 posts · 297 votes
    8y

    YET..  Hopefully they will be at some point.

  • Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2018 · 28 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    @Jonathan M.  it all depends on how busy you are and what you can handle.  You probably want to drop the list a couple of times over 3 months.  You don't want to hammer the list - you'll get a lot of angry people.  That's why you need a big list to drop 2k per week like you mentioned - if that keeps you busy.

    Check out REI Market Pro they have awesome cell phones for RVM.

  • Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2018 · 28 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    @Jeff Grimm Voicebroadcast can be done by landlines, cell phones are illegal.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Queens, NY · Member since 2013 · 36 posts · 18 votes
    8y
    @jonathan Messri Have you closed any wholesale deals or come close to closing any with Ringless VM?
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Queens, NY · Member since 2013 · 36 posts · 18 votes
    8y
    @ Jeff Grimm. Hey Jeff, obviously this really depends what market you are in and the list you are using and which company you use to scrub to list for numbers etc. but how many RVMs are you doing per week. And have you closed any deals yet?
  • Altadena, CA · Member since 2015 · 66 posts · 58 votes
    8y

    I have been on 4 seller appointments so far this month from the campaign. Nothing closed just yet but getting pretty close! Honestly i'm just excited because its actually working!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.