Are you using QR codes in your biz?

Are you using QR codes in your biz?

SFR Investor 路 Orange County, CA 路 Member since 2009 路 1k+ posts 路 1k+ votes

I was curious if anybody here is using QR codes, either on their business cards, brochures, web sites, etc.

If so, how exactly are you utilizing them? Do you code your phone number on your business card or have it point to your web site? Can a QR code contain a name AND phone number? Do you create a "text" QR that can be imported into something else, like a v-card or something?

Thanks.

P.S. - If you don't know WHAT the heck I'm talking about, here is a little primer. http://mashable.com/2010/06/23/qr-codes-small-biz/ :type:

1Reply
79 views

Most Popular Reply

Homeowner 路 Burleson, TX 路 Member since 2008 路 756 posts 路 376 votes
14y

I put QR codes on my fliers that are in my "For Rent" box at the property. The code leads them to a YouTube video of the inside and outside of the property. My contact and rental info are on the flier and coded into the the video.

I also have a QR code on my biz card that hooks them up with my vcard. That can store the info and lose the paper biz card if they want to.

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Consultant 路 Birmingham, AL 路 Member since 2009 路 69 posts 路 22 votes
    15y

    Hey Mitch,

    I have attempted QR codes but the technology just hasn't caught on here in the states quite yet.

    The premise is that you can scan with smart phone and the right software these QR codes and it will direct you to a page, video, etc. related to what is trying to be advertised.

    I tried these on real estate signs and got nothing. But... shortcodes for Text messaging rock. I did a campaign in Kansas City - "Text SEC8 to 88000" and it would return a list of properties and prices. GOLDEN. I plastered it on signs, flyers, anything I could.

    Text messaging is making a huge comeback and being on the band wagon is a huge leg up on your competitors.

    I help clients build out solutions using DriveBuy Technologies... Dylan the owner is great and is always full of ideas. If you want to play with it, shoot me a private message. He lets me "sandbox" custom codes in different regions just to see if it will work... for free. Then after a month, you like it, you pay straight to them.

    For more information on QR - check out http://www.prepressure.com/library/technology/qr-code

  • Specialist 路 Phoenix, AZ 路 Member since 2011 路 698 posts 路 629 votes
    14y

    Now that it's 2012 and mobile phones and tablets are exploding, I think this is a valid question to pursue again. What is the best way to use QR codes in this business?

    I've seen them popping up on yard signs for a property, business cards so people can scan and be taken to a mobile website, and on fliers.

    Since I bought my smartphone a few months ago, I'm scanning QR codes myself for getting more information on different products.

    Jerry

  • Homeowner 路 Burleson, TX 路 Member since 2008 路 756 posts 路 376 votes
    14y

    I put QR codes on my fliers that are in my "For Rent" box at the property. The code leads them to a YouTube video of the inside and outside of the property. My contact and rental info are on the flier and coded into the the video.

    I also have a QR code on my biz card that hooks them up with my vcard. That can store the info and lose the paper biz card if they want to.

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer 路 Santa Clarita, CA 路 Member since 2008 路 15k+ posts 路 10k+ votes
    14y

    I have not yet and in my current biz model, do not see any benefit of use, but perhaps sometime in teh future. I do however intend on using short code text messaging blasts for many things. This is the wave of the future and text messaging is where it is all going.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent 路 Chandler, AZ 路 Member since 2009 路 1k+ posts 路 928 votes
    14y

    I use them on fliers and MLS for sale signs when listing new remodels. I have not tracked any stats from them yet, but I intend to keep using them since they are free. I use Microsoft Tag instead of QR codes though. They are good way for drive by potential buyers to get info on the property.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder 路 HI 路 Member since 2008 路 16k+ posts 路 5k+ votes
    14y

    I use one on my business card, though I realized afterwards that I should have the code redirect to a trackable page so I can see what kind of conversions they have. Something to think about if you're using one . . .

  • Residential Landlord 路 Indianapolis, IN 路 Member since 2010 路 592 posts 路 138 votes
    14y

    I have used them on for rent flyers. I only had them up for a couple days before I rented the unit, but I had a couple website visits from the code. I think it depends where you are putting the code for what it should direct you to and how effective it will be.

  • Specialist 路 Phoenix, AZ 路 Member since 2011 路 698 posts 路 629 votes
    14y

    I have a couple of businesses I do on the internet and one thing to note about QR codes and Microsoft Tags is that they should take the user to a Mobile friendly site. They're meant to be used by mobile devices, so if possible when redirecting to a webpage, make it mobile friendly - and not your regular website that may have too small of a print or pictures that take too long to load for the smaller screen of mobile devices.

    I've read a couple of articles where businesses that have had a lot of success using SMS text messages, are having the QR codes tie into an SMS text message. They want to capture both methods.

    This is going to be very interesting times in the coming couple of years as mobile grows for both phone and web.

  • Real Estate Investor 路 Bellingham, WA 路 Member since 2008 路 407 posts 路 90 votes
    14y

    I use them on business cards and in online advertising to send them to a specific page

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.