How to Make My Contracts, Offers and Addendum's Paperless?

How to Make My Contracts, Offers and Addendum's Paperless?

Flipper/Rehabber · Seminole, FL · Member since 2010 · 859 posts · 316 votes

Ok, so I have a free PDF editor that I found online that will work with these state approved contracts. I can now put in Check marks, and use a Signature Font so I don't have to print and sign the form.

Then I can save that in PDF format. Also I have a program that will fax or email it to wherever I want.

But the Realtor I am dealing with says he usually gets all of an offer: the P&S, addendum, and POF in a stack on his fax.

I have no idea how to take the 3 PDF's I end up with before I fax and consolidate them into one big PDF.

Has anyone else put together a way to be completely paperless in the offer process?

0Reply
94 views

Most Popular Reply

J ScottPro Member
Moderator
Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
15y

I use Adobe PDF Writer, and it will allow you to create a digital signature and digitally sign PDFs (along with anything else you may want to do with a PDF).

We can create and submit an offer electronically in about 5 minutes and haven't used paper for a contract in several months now...

See this reply in the discussion

25 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Chandler, AZ · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 928 votes
    15y

    Have you tried docusign?

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    Have you tried doing that with Cute PDF? I think that you can!

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Chandler, AZ · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 928 votes
    15y

    Most PDF programs can combine PDFs into one. I use nitropdf but would not recommend it, it crashes too much. It's about $100.

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    Cute PDF is free...but I'm not positive it will do what you want. I think it can though.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Seminole, FL · Member since 2010 · 859 posts · 316 votes
    15y

    Thanks guys will check those out. Realtor just said that i can't use signature font. he said banks won't accept. Arggggh

    i really don't want stacks of paper offers over here. Going to check out those reccos. Keeping faith that i can be paperless.

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    Jimmy...Do you have a scanner that will convert the paper docs to .pdfs? If so, print them out, sign them, scan them, use Cute PDF to concatenate them, and send them off.

    I know that is more work than you wanted, but if they want a real world signature you may have to do it. An alternative is to scan your signature and cut/paste it on the signature pages using Alt-Print Screen and Paint.

    Docusign is worth investigating too!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Seminole, FL · Member since 2010 · 859 posts · 316 votes
    15y

    Cut and paste signature is an idea.

    I could make This an excuse for an ipad or tablet. Really don't want to print all this crap

  • Hard Money Lender · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2008 · 60 posts · 15 votes
    15y
    Originally posted by Jimmy C.:
    I could make This an excuse for an ipad or tablet. Really don't want to print all this crap

    Jimmy,

    I recently saw a presentation at GAREIA where an investor had loaded his contracts on his iPad. He was able to sign the documents using the stylus and then email the executed contract to the seller and his attorney.

    Pretty slick

  • Altus, OK · Member since 2008 · 2k+ posts · 690 votes
    15y

    How did he load his documents on the iPad?

  • Hard Money Lender · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2008 · 60 posts · 15 votes
    15y
    Originally posted by Mr_Investor:
    How did he load his documents on the iPad?

    Good question. I don't have an iPad (yet). Waiting to check out some of the new Android tablets and iPad 2.

    This investor was actually selling fully loaded iPads with contracts, cost estimating spreadsheets, how to videoss, and apps he uses in his REI business.

    I just did a quick google search and found a good tutorial at http://geardiary.com/2010/04/11/so-how-do-you-actually-load-your-own-documents-onto-the-ipad

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Seminole, FL · Member since 2010 · 859 posts · 316 votes
    15y

    HMMmm android tablet sounds very nice.

  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    15y

    I use Adobe PDF Writer, and it will allow you to create a digital signature and digitally sign PDFs (along with anything else you may want to do with a PDF).

    We can create and submit an offer electronically in about 5 minutes and haven't used paper for a contract in several months now...

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Seminole, FL · Member since 2010 · 859 posts · 316 votes
    15y

    How much did that run ya J?

  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    15y
    Originally posted by Jimmy C.:
    How much did that run ya J?

    In our case, my wife found a guy on Craigslist who was selling the entire Adobe suite (legally) for $200.

    For those who are wondering, his company was in the business of legally buying unused software licenses from companies that were going out of business, and reselling them to individual users. He picked them up for pennies on the dollar and resold them at about 50% of market price.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Seminole, FL · Member since 2010 · 859 posts · 316 votes
    15y

    So I am back to shopping for a way to go paperless. I have been printing, scanning, and emailing offers for the past few months.

    I am ready to buy an Ipad or a Tablet. I of course want to have the right software so I am looking at PDF Writer.

    So I am trying to think about how it would work with an REO offer. I guess I can still scan my POF in, and load that on the Ipad or Tablet. Then sign my offer with stylus, and somehow combine the POF and send as one email?

  • Marietta, GA · Member since 2011 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    15y

    I have been thinking along the same lines. All of the paper is a hassle...especially if the sale falls through. I would like an Android...I'm just hoping that someone will take that leap and allow us to use our cell phone numbers and not google numbers on a tablet.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Seminole, FL · Member since 2010 · 859 posts · 316 votes
    15y

    An update on this:

    I am now paperless! I bought a tablet laptop with a windows based OS. Its running Windows 7. Got it off Craigslist for $200

    THen I paid another $70 to download PDF annotator. I can now sign, initial, add pages etc... all within one program.

    I will never print another page!

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    15y

    I'm a HUGE fan of http://www.echosign.com and use it for getting signatures on business docs . . . I definitely recommend checking them out!

  • Contractor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2008 · 978 posts · 985 votes
    15y

    I have an allergy to paper that exceeds most people. If I've got more than a few pieces of paper I'm using, I begin a vicious cycle of fear and self-loathing.

    My solution -

    An autofeed scanner is a big deal. Everything... EVERYTHING I need to keep gets scanned in and organized digitally. Every receipt from rehab work, every tax document... everything.

    Like J, I use the full-blown Adobe software suite. It is expensive (I think I paid $300) but it is easily the best money I've spent for technology.

    I have a copy-paste version of my signature for contracts.

    Finally, if I simply MUST fax something (Most agents now do prefer e-mail), I use MyFax.com to send and receive.

  • Real Estate Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 671 votes
    15y

    What adobe product is it?

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    We are using Docusign for our subscription agreements and it works really well. You have to spend a lot of time setting it up, but once you do it saves a ton of effort. You may want to check that out as others have mentioned.

  • Contractor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2008 · 978 posts · 985 votes
    15y

    Jeff -

    I use Adobe Acrobat 9, which I bought several years ago. I'm sure there's a newer version available, but I intend to use my $300 software package until I upgrade to an OS that won't run it anymore...

  • Real Estate Investor · los angeles, CA · Member since 2008 · 33 posts · 3 votes
    15y

    On the iPad u can use dropbox to store docs. And I use docusign or sign my pad, to sign docs. Sign my pad is only 5 bucks

  • Member since 2011 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    15y

    Our office has been paperless using Nitro PDF Professional as well as docusign. Cute pdf writer is great for converting any document as a pdf

  • Brunswick, OH · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 6 votes
    9y

    I agree,  echosign & docusign work very well for this. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.