Which Property Management Software do you use?

Which Property Management Software do you use?

Investor · Diamond Bar, CA · Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 10 votes

Hi BP

I am a newbie currently looking for a property management tool to manage my first Triplex that I recent house hacked. Appfolio, Buildium, and Tenant Cloud, so many out there but not sure which one is best for starters like me? My goal is to purchase another duplex or two in the near future and would like to prepare for what's coming

Which one do you used? Any recommendations? Love to hear from all of you? Thanks

7Reply
76 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2018 · 100 posts · 94 votes
7y

Hello @Kwun Ho

If you need to use both a property management software and QuickBooks, take a look at TenantCloud. With a TenantCloud account, you can synchronize all transactions with your QuickBooks account. 

Makes the whole process so much easier!  

See this reply in the discussion

32 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Diamond Bar, CA · Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    @Jim Walters

    Thanks for the recommendation and everyone else that have given me great advise on what to use.

    I have decided to go with Cozy to start and will definitely look into others option if that don't work out

    BP rocks, thank you all

  • Real Estate Broker · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 32 posts · 18 votes
    7y

    @Jamison Conti totally agree. We use AppFolio for our brokerage work but the learning curve is too big if you’re doing your own management

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Tony Guardado:

    @Cody L. Buildium or AppFolio. Why?

    75 homes

    I'd say Buildium, only because that's what I use.  And don't have experience with anything else.  That's not to say AppFolio isn't better or have advantages, I just couldn't speak to them. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Chicago, IL. · Member since 2019 · 20 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    @Tony Guardado Hey Tony. My buddy is using Buildium. I'm creating systems for his Property Management company and trying to automate another process management tool with Buildium.

  • Rental Property Investor · NM · Member since 2017 · 38 posts · 32 votes
    6y

    @Kwun Ho it's awesome you are thinking ahead about scaling! Tennant cloud is cool. Buildium is a beast. Both offer some sweet features. Set up your processes now I would recommend. Don't worry about overkill. If you are planning on scaling that big I would set up processes in place to make that happen. It will save you time and energy converting later on when you out grow your current PM software or process / systems.

  • Rental Property Investor · Florence, SC · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    Hi,

    I use Avail.co, it is very easy to use for the landlord and tenant. You can screen new tenants, link bank accounts, create a lease by state, and it has a marketing tool for listing any vacant rentals that you may have. Really nice platform, check it out. Also, price point is not bad at all. I just wish they had an app, but I believe they are working on one.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.