What to do with a Delinquent Tax list

What to do with a Delinquent Tax list

Rental Property Investor · Member since 2018 · 157 posts · 83 votes

Hi BP, 

I just received a delinquent tax list from my local county office. The list is 3600+ line items long and provides the registered owner's address, not the local property that is delinquent. Many of the owners are out of state or just listed as an LLC or PO box. The list contains an identification number that I can plug into the county tax website and search out what the actual property address is, however it is not feasible to do all 3600 like that.

My question is, is there a website or software that can A.) Upload the list to and mail all the owners saying I would like to buy their distressed property?...and B.) Narrow down the list to help me focus on certain zip codes, zoning, etc by cross referencing with county tax data so I am not looking at thousands of properties that do not fit my criteria?

I am looking for SFH to buy myself as BRRRR deals, I'm not into wholesaling. I have only a vague notion about "buying lists" or services that send mailers for you. Is that what services like Propstream are for?

Thanks!

1Reply
21 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 587 posts · 269 votes
    6y

    @Matt W. was this an excel sheet or like a hard copy of the tax list? 

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2018 · 157 posts · 83 votes
    6y

    Its an excel spreadsheet. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 17 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Matt W.

    For A) You can probably lookup some direct mailing companies. You can usually send them a list and they can do the mail merge, etc. They can probably help you with postcard/letter design as well. I haven't really used one, but seems like a lot of options based on just google search.

    For B) For addresses and basic property details, I have written code to scrape them from the assessor or county tax website. I might even able to help out on that. Including zoning will be a little bit more tricky depends on how the zoning data is structured by the building/zoning department.

    I've recently started trying out a website called Landgrid.com which allows you to upload data and filter. It's pretty cheap compared to other data vendors I've seen and you might want to check it out.

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2018 · 157 posts · 83 votes
    6y

    @Renjie Song

    Thanks, I’ll look into those suggestions!

  • Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2016 · 84 posts · 48 votes
    6y

    @Matthew Wilson

    Start with knowing your target audience and work from there, every great marketing campaign starts with knowing your target. I would recommend with starting with the out of staters first.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.