Things Found.

Things Found.

Billings, MT · Member since 2013 · 102 posts · 11 votes

I have a friend who flips houses. She found 2 old cigarette lighters in the walls when they tore them out. What are some cool things others have found in their rehabs?

0Reply
31 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    Well, I didn't find it ;-(

    I had an electrician tell me 6 months later, that he and his helper had found $ 3,000 in the attic of one of my houses, which they were rewiring. They went ahead and split it and spent it.

    He felt so guilty, that he came to me and confessed later. I was shocked and didn't really know what to say and just kind of let it go. But it did bother me and I lost trust in him.

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    My last Victorian that I did in Atlanta, I had found a leaded glass window in the attic, that said 'Beth' .

    When I sold the house, the buyer's name was Beth. I gave her the window

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    13y
  • Contractor · Valparaiso , IN · Member since 2013 · 604 posts · 327 votes
    13y

    Well I found a ghost, and Im not kidding. I was talking to my wife, she was in the kitchen and I was standing in the hall at our first rehab/rental and I clearly saw someone walk from one bedroom to the master bedroom. This house is 1100 SF and I assure you none else was in the house.

    I hurried down the short hall to the master and there was no one there. No windows open, no way he got out thru a door. To this day I can tell you what he was wearing it was so clear.

  • Severna Park, MD · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    13y

    I went to a estate auction , didnt buy the house , but they were selling the contents , the guy was a machinist and engineer , it was a 4 bedroom house , 1 bedroom had all his furniture , the rest of the house was a machine shop . Sitting in the basement all in pieces was a 1940's bi plane ,

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.