Like many people in BP community, I'm a personal development and real estate investing nerd.
I would love to know what everyone is thinking/planing/doing for their personal and real estate growth in 2016.
Here's a great outline if you don't have a plan already. I've always heard that you're a combination of (1) the things you read, (2) the things you listen to, and (3) the people you hang out with. This article adds two more (events and places).
I love BiggerPockets because it definitely covers GREAT PEOPLE, GREAT MESSAGES, and GREAT BOOKS.
Success Magazine - January 2016 issue
Page 19, Inset
Great Tools for Growth
What will you use to form and achieve your plan for growth?
Intentionally plan your growth by committing yourself to the discipline of learning in these five areas.
1. GREAT PEOPLE - The people you surround yourself with will shape you more than anything else. Spend time with talented, experienced, growing people. (Tactic - Schedule one lunch a month with someone who will stretch your thinking.)
2. GREAT MESSAGES - In our connected world, you literally have access to thousands of speakers at your fingertips. Take advantage of that! (Tactic - Listen to one message that challenges you every week.)
3. GREAT PLACES - Find places that inspire and instruct you, and spend time there. Soak up your surroundings and see what they can teach you. (Tactic - Plan one trip every year that will inspire you.)
4. GREAT EVENTS - Conferences, workshops, and celebrations stimulate you to engage with your environment and learn from it. (Tactic - Set aside time and money to attend one per year.)
5. GREAT BOOKS - Great books can give you access to a world of mentors with experience in any area. Read deeply to guide and improve your thinking. (Tactic - Commit to reading a book every month. If possible, increase that discipline to one per week.)
Thanks for sharing, I to get the success magazine, I had to go back and look at that article again, I am a Big fan of John Maxwell.
I am studying for my R/E license so that is a biggie for 2016. I am also networking with a historic preservation group in my area and signed up to volunteer with the Land Use Committee in my neighborhood association.
I am already a voracious reader and podcast listener so that won't change; however, a personal goal is to scale back my consumption of social media like FB. Other than cute kid and animal pics, it's such a time waste for me
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you