RE Investment Clubs in NYC

RE Investment Clubs in NYC

Involved In Real Estate · Woodhaven, NY · Member since 2013 · 77 posts · 11 votes

Hey All,

I'm Javier Diaz a NYC RE Salesperson and aspiring RE Investor. I'm fairly new - to the God sent that is BP - and I would like this post to do at least one of two things.

1. Serve as a "heads up" to others in the NYC area looking for Real Estate Meet-up groups.

2. Help me a find a NYC Real Estate Meet-Up/Club.

Yesterday I attended a group meeting in NYC. I decided to attend because it's one of the recommended steps for new investors like myself, who are looking to network with like-minded folk.

Sidenote: I think I read that somewhere in something called the UBG (Ultimate Beginners Guide to Real Estate Investing found here on BP - If you haven't read it - do so!).

So, I found this REI group by using an app called "Meet-Up" or meetup.com. I actually found two groups in the NYC area. One is called the "Real Estate Entrepreneurs" and the other is called "Lions Club - Real Estate Investors Network" . On Thursday night Jan. 2nd I attended the RE Entrepreneurs meet-up for the first time. I arrived early and was able to introduce myself to a few of the attendees, the majority of who seemed to be first timers and eager to network with others as well. There was a pretty good turn-out given the winter storm warning that had been announced for the Tri-State area.

Long story short. It was just a Renatus pitch. I had already attended a Renatus webinar and decided it was too rich for my blood and didn't have a desire to become a salesman for Renatus. Ultimately, that is what they want. They want people to buy an "education package" (That can range anywhere from $2000-$15,000) and then turn around and sell that package to as many other aspiring RE investors as possible.

My Renatus experience wasn't all bad. It's how I came to find BP. I asked google what others were saying Renatus and found a link to a post on BP discussing "the gurus". And now, I get - for FREE! - what Renatus was asking $15,000 for.

If anyone reading this knows of a true Real Estate Investors Network or Meet-Up in NYC, Queens, Brooklyn or nearby New Jersey or Long Island please let me know.

I'm also looking for a mentor and to assist local investors in finding deals, submitting offers, and basically being an investor friendly agent.

Thanks much, and happy investing!

Javier Diaz-

0Reply
15 views

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Developer · Manhattan, NY · Member since 2013 · 90 posts · 27 votes
    12y

    @Javier Diaz Hey Javier great post, I am live in Queens over in Bayside. Meetup is great for networking. Networking is a huge part of the game. I have been looking for a great real estate group in NYC area as well and have not yet found the perfect one. I believe, on this site we have more than enough people to get a bigger pockets meet up in NYC. I have heard they have done them before but I am not sure if there is another one scheduled. I would love to be a part of a bigger pockets meet up in the city, I have connections with many venues across Manhattan that would love a group of professionals hosting an event at their location.

  • Involved In Real Estate · Woodhaven, NY · Member since 2013 · 77 posts · 11 votes
    12y

    @Chad Bernstein

    Hey Chad, Thanks for reading.

    I would love to put together a NYC area BP meet-up. It would be great if I had some help, especially from someone who has connections with local venues. Is this something that we would need to charge for? How would we cover the cost? I know I would pay at least $20 to attend if there were one in place already.

    Let me know your thoughts. Feel free to email me: [email protected]

  • Darren SagerPro Member
    Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    @Javier Diaz . Its already being worked on. Should have formal announcement in the next day or so.

  • Real Estate Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2013 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    Hi Guys,

    I am also a new investor from the Manhattan area looking for some networking opportunities. I'd love to join you in your meet up. @DarrenSager please keep us posted.

    DeShea

  • Darren SagerPro Member
    Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Its coming @DeShea S. . I promise you that!

  • Investor · Wilmington, NC · Member since 2013 · 109 posts · 14 votes
    12y

    Javier,

    It's funny that you say renatus is the reason why you found BP, because it's the same reason why I did also. One thing I liked that renatus did was they had everyone play the game cash flow. So..... I took their idea and purchased the game my self. Like you, I want to form a networking group in my area so I plan on using the game in the group.

    Good luck and welcome to BP

    Ps

    If anyone close to north plainfield New Jersey wants to form a networking group please message me.

  • Architect · Mount Vernon, NY · Member since 2013 · 54 posts · 17 votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP @Javier Diaz @Javier Diaz

    The thing about some REIA meetings, it can turn into guru sales pitch more often then I would like. They gotta make ends meet somehow I guess.

    I am looking for my first rehab and flip project in Westchester now, but eventually would like to break into NYC market. Hope to see you at the BP meet.

    @Darren Sager Keep us posted.

  • Real Estate Agent · Charleston, SC · Member since 2013 · 424 posts · 99 votes
    12y

    I would love for this to pull through. When I am often in New York City I stay in Woodhaven until I use an FHA loan to get a multifamily. @?

  • Accountant · Bronx, NY · Member since 2013 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    I am also looking for a NYC club/meeting. I heard on the last podcast Brandon Turner mentioned a NYC meetup January 14th. I am looking for more details on this.

    Darren Sagar, I listened to your podcast and learned so much valuable information. For me, it was the best podcast yet being that I am in the tristate region where real estate activity is a different animal from some of the stories/prices/strategies we hear about on this awesome website. You broke it down perfectly. Thank you for the insight!

  • Queens NY, NY · Member since 2013 · 467 posts · 107 votes
    12y

    @Javier Diaz you hit the nail on the head. I am also a RE and basically in the same position as you, it is a slow process. My biggest problem is networking with the right people. It is difficult to get into the game when you are a newbie and have to learn the ropes. Hopefully with the right guidence we all can get there.

    @Chad Bernstein.. nice to see another Bayside neighbour... Actually my office is in Bayside.

    @Darren Sager ...Keep us posted. Went to the last one in the city and it was great!!!!. looking forwade to the next one

  • Darren SagerPro Member
    Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    We're up and ready! @Charmaine M.

    @Logan Zanki

    @Javier Diaz

    @DeShea S.

    Here's a link to the event:

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/25/topics/111681-bp-meetup-in-new-york-city-for-entire-metropolitan-area

    Please vote for the post and let me know if you can join us!

  • Real Estate Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2013 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    Thanks Darren!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.