people avoid me because I look different, what should I do ?

people avoid me because I look different, what should I do ?

Mobile, AL · Member since 2016 · 14 posts · 2 votes

Greetings good people , 

Not every is going to like me or feel comfortable to me . thats normal . but what is not normal is when it is becoming the norm .  
I contact a seller , he r she replies to me and we agree to meet to discuss the deal . But I see how uncomfortable or disappointed  the seller becomes when he or she sees me or sometimes I see fear :(  . even though in some situations I am meeting them at a restaurant and I am the one who invited them and made clear it is my treat .  
you can tell from my picture that I do not resemble the main stream  shape or skin color . 
This business , and If the seller or a lender is having any negative impressions that will effect how the deal goes . 
This issue has effected me widely and created a major safety concern if I want to drive for dollars  and look for properties . 

What should I do to overcome this problem ? 

Your input is highly valuable and appreciated 

0Reply
62 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2014 · 49 posts · 11 votes
10y

Kalid,

You are your worst enemy here. You are thinking that other people are getting negative first impressions. How do you know what they are thinking? Here is the key, CONFIDENCE! You have to self reflect, understand that you have/know what it takes to get things done then execute. There are very few people who are not drawn to confidence. DO NOT be cocky, but present yourself in a way that leaves no doubt you know what you're doing. Do not try and psychoanalyze what people think, at the end of the day remember a deal is a deal and if you look like the elephant man but youre making someone money, they will look right past that.   

See this reply in the discussion

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.