I need a Houston Real Estate Agent who is specialized in Commerci

I need a Houston Real Estate Agent who is specialized in Commerci

Property Manager · Houston, TX · Member since 2014 · 128 posts · 24 votes

I have a client, looking for a place for fast food restaurant in Houston. If you are an agent please let me know what kind information you need from him and how could we work together?

If you have worked with an agent please send me their information.

Thank you.

0Reply
10 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Spring, TX · Member since 2015 · 109 posts · 25 votes
    10y

    @Neda Navidnia What is your client looking to do?

    Get me what you can including contact info, desired area, building type or new build etc. We can work through the rest as it comes along.

  • Property Manager · Houston, TX · Member since 2014 · 128 posts · 24 votes
    10y

    @Erick Harbert As I said he is thinking about starting a fast food business. I will message you.

  • Joel OwensBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    10y

    Neda here is a book on buying restaurants. I had decades of experience before getting into commercial real estate.

    I sell retail centers and large multifamily buildings now.

    What you are talking about is business brokerage.

    bizbuysell.com has a free search for businesses existing and franchises to look into.

    Also there is a book on evaluating and buying restaurants your clients might enjoy.

    Buying Restaurants

    The key is if your client wants to be an owner operator or not. There are lot's of businesses for sale but they show 40k to 80k profit a year. The owner is working there 50 hours a week. Take that out and pay a manager and the place is hardly making any money. Equipment gets old, interior space gets old, food costs or rent go up and now you are at break even.

    That is why the larger businesses make sense that have 200k plus profit a year. You can build in management to be very hands off with minimal interaction just like any other investment and still have a solid cash flow. Just make sure your client is not buying themselves a job with the food business.

    My criteria these days is any investment has to stand on it's own without my full time involvement in it. If it doesn't I am working in this business and not on it. You want to be able to build structure for multiple revenue income streams and you can't do that when one thing takes up all of your time.

    All the best and good luck. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.