Houston/Galveston Meet Ups?

Houston/Galveston Meet Ups?

Realtor · Galveston, TX · Member since 2019 · 32 posts · 14 votes

Hi! I’m relatively new here~ My husband and I have 3 vacation rentals in Galveston. I’m also a Realtor. We are looking to attend monthly meet ups, get to know more like minded people and share ideas. Galveston- South Houston area. Thank you in advance!

10Reply
62 views

Most Popular Reply

Wholesaler · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 264 posts · 212 votes
6y

Hey Natasha!

Seems like most meet ups have been post-poned due to covid. I plan on starting my own meet up here in Houston soon so I'll keep you posted. 

See this reply in the discussion

43 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Sugar Land, TX · Member since 2016 · 62 posts · 48 votes
    5y

    It is interesting that so many people want to meet.  I'm not interested in meeting, but I am interested in helping you,, I hope,, with a couple of comments.

    Without some additional planning and organizing the meeting will be mostly a social time with just a small potential business benefit.  A leader is needed to run the meeting together with an agenda.

    Mr. Foster, I suggest that you continue to fill that role and look for a couple of other volunteers to help.  Y'all can create the agenda to fit the needs of attendees and their various motives.  From the various responders a start might be:

    - Welcome 

    - Meeting Objective

    - Skills/team needed

    - Flipping Vs Landlording

    - How/where to find deals

    - Financing alternatives 

    - Estimating and analyzing deals

    - Renovation/Contracting

    - Selling

    - Property Management 

    - Wrap up/Path Forward

    That should get you started - cross out, add, change, etc.  You could assign various people to speak on different agenda topics.  

    Good luck avoiding a waste of time.

  • Wale LawalBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Robert Haney:

    It is interesting that so many people want to meet.  I'm not interested in meeting, but I am interested in helping you,, I hope,, with a couple of comments.

    Without some additional planning and organizing the meeting will be mostly a social time with just a small potential business benefit.  A leader is needed to run the meeting together with an agenda.

    Mr. Foster, I suggest that you continue to fill that role and look for a couple of other volunteers to help.  Y'all can create the agenda to fit the needs of attendees and their various motives.  From the various responders a start might be:

    - Welcome 

    - Meeting Objective

    - Skills/team needed

    - Flipping Vs Landlording

    - How/where to find deals

    - Financing alternatives 

    - Estimating and analyzing deals

    - Renovation/Contracting

    - Selling

    - Property Management 

    - Wrap up/Path Forward

    That should get you started - cross out, add, change, etc.  You could assign various people to speak on different agenda topics.  

    Good luck avoiding a waste of time.

    Great Point!

  • Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    interested Lives in Katy TX

  • Real Estate Agent · Galveston, TX · Member since 2015 · 255 posts · 219 votes
    5y

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

    I'm finally going to start up a meet up down in Galveston! If you are free, it would be great to meet others in person and discuss things!

  • Contractor · Webster, TX · Member since 2016 · 94 posts · 75 votes
    5y

    Count me in also when the meetups start again.  League City area, investor-friendly real estate broker.

  • Member since 2020 · 25 posts · 21 votes
    5y

    I spent the last 2 years in league city.  I really like the area and have been looking for some property there.  
    I would be interested in meet up. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Katy, TX · Member since 2013 · 64 posts · 13 votes
    5y

    @Kristyn Grimes

    I’d be interested in joining a Zoom meetup.

  • Real Estate Agent · Galveston County, TX · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    Hi, Natasha!  I think Timothy Church is having a meet-up in Galveston on January 16th 6-8.  I can text you the info!

  • Rental Property Investor · Galveston, TX · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5y

    Hello! I'm posting my first STR online soon. It's just about ready. I'd love to meet up on the island! Please give me the details once a time and place are chosen. Thanks.

  • Rental Property Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    Hi everyone,

    I’m also new to real estate investing and I would love to be a part on local meet-ups or zoom meet-ups in the Houston area.

  • Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    I am definitely interested in the next meetup; I am also in the League City area, so post details once you have them, please, and I will be there. Thank you!

  • Mark SheppardPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · League City, TX · Member since 2017 · 40 posts · 10 votes
    5y

    @Timothy Church Please let me know the next time you have another meet up in the Galveston or League City area, and I will be there. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Galveston, TX · Member since 2015 · 255 posts · 219 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Mark Sheppard:

    @Timothy Church Please let me know the next time you have another meet up in the Galveston or League City area, and I will be there. 

    I actually have one set up for this weekend!

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

    I need to get better about posting it everywhere.

    • Mark SheppardPro Member
      Rental Property Investor · League City, TX · Member since 2017 · 40 posts · 10 votes
      5y
      Originally posted by @Timothy Church:
      Originally posted by @Mark Sheppard:

      @Timothy Church Please let me know the next time you have another meet up in the Galveston or League City area, and I will be there. 

      I actually have one set up for this weekend!

      https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

      I need to get better about posting it everywhere.

      Any new meetups happening in the near future?

  • Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Timothy Church , we, unfortunately, have plans that evening already booked for Valentine's Day weekend. If you can let me know once you have the meeting set for March, we would love to attend the next meet up. Thank you!

  • Mark SheppardPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · League City, TX · Member since 2017 · 40 posts · 10 votes
    5y

    @Timothy Church thanks for the heads up but I am out of town this weekend as well. Please let us know what you have set up for March. Thanks!

  • Seabrook/Galveston · Member since 2018 · 274 posts · 178 votes
    5y

    Sorry to hijack the thread, or at least detour it a little, but I had a question about windstorm insurance providers in Galveston. This thread had more of the locals, and was the best I could find with BPs search engine. 

    Does anyone know any local non TWIA windstorm providers?  Quick run down, we had our TWIA policy not renewed about 18 months ago. After discussions with them, they said a partial RE-roof in 2010 wasn’t certified. We paid and got that 1/3 of the roof replaced and certified. My insurance agent had new coverage lined up with TWIA but they called him and are now requiring the rest of the roof be certified. So we’re going to have to go back with our expensive insurance if we can’t find another insurer. 

    Thanks for your time 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.