Anyone here in Puerto Rico?

Anyone here in Puerto Rico?

Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2017 · 205 posts · 92 votes

Hey BP friends,

I recently found myself in Puerto Rico. I kind of moved there by accident actually. But hey, now it’s home.

Anyone else live or invest in the area?

Would love to connect.

Cheers,

André

0Reply
101 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · White bear lake, MN · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 3 votes
5y

My family and I live / invest in Minnesota, but we come to Rincon / Aguada every winter, and we are ready to start investing in PR as well.  Is there a local meet up?  Can someone do a few introductions for me so I can start getting to know others actively investing on the island?  Thank you!!

See this reply in the discussion

47 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • New to Real Estate · San Juan, Puerto Rico · Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    @AndreCrabb - I'll be there on Sunday. Can you add me to the WhatsApp group. 516-557-7422

  • Developer · Member since 2010 · 188 posts · 104 votes
    5y

    Hello fellow PR peeps, I'll be there!  @Andre Crabb nice meeting you last night and giving me the heads up.  I'm originally from Santa Monica, CA.  I've been a real estate investor forever. I sold my Cali properties and moved to PR 2 months ago.  I live on the sand in beautiful Isla Verde.  I look forward to meeting you!

  • Rental Property Investor · Puerto Rico · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    Hello everyone! 

    I'm currently real estate virtual assistant but I flix & flip in the past and have a rental for 10 years now in Bayamon, PR and also did BRRRR Strategy in Fayetteville, NC. I would love to connect with you guys to talk about investments in PR or USA and Network.

    PM for the group chat!!

  • Developer · Member since 2010 · 188 posts · 104 votes
    5y

    @Kathryn Morea

    It was great meeting the BP folks on Sunday. I want to let you know that we are in the early stages of forming a REIA for Puerto Rico, as we discussed briefly on Sunday. It will be a place to share deals, contractors, agents, attorneys, etc as well as share education and other resources and network. We are planning to meet the 4th weds of each month. Venue and first meeting to be determined. Likely Feb 24. We've already lined up a few great speakers. Stay tuned, I will post an update over next few days. -Kathryn

  • Rental Property Investor · Puerto Rico · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    Awesome!  Thanks Kathryn. 

  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2017 · 205 posts · 92 votes
    5y

    @Kathryn Morea

    Amazing! Dang I’ll be in Mexico that week.

    Please keep me in the loop anyhow.

  • Wholesaler · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 33 posts · 11 votes
    5y

    I am now located in Puerto Rico and trying to figure out REI here and would love to meet up and discuss the market here.

  • Developer · Member since 2010 · 188 posts · 104 votes
    5y

    Hi Chad - welcome to the beautiful island of Puerto Rico. We have a REIA group that just started. We are meeting on Weds 2/24/21 in Condado. I have a flyer posted in the announcements section of bigger pockets. It's also in meetup and eventbrite. Please RSVP online so we can send you the address of the event. I look forward to meeting you.

  • Real Estate Agent · San Juan, Puerto Rico · Member since 2017 · 72 posts · 44 votes
    5y

    @Kathryn Morea Great initiative will be joining you guys tomorrow! 

  • Investor · White bear lake, MN · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    My family and I live / invest in Minnesota, but we come to Rincon / Aguada every winter, and we are ready to start investing in PR as well.  Is there a local meet up?  Can someone do a few introductions for me so I can start getting to know others actively investing on the island?  Thank you!!

  • Tim SwierczekPro Member
    Lender · White Bear Township, MN · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Tony Yares I’m an investor from WBL as well.  We should grab coffee sometime. Go Bears!

  • Developer · Member since 2010 · 188 posts · 104 votes
    5y

    @Tony Yares - We do have a meetup, the next couple meetings will be in the San Juan area, so it's a bit of a hike from Rincon, although maybe we will have a meeting out that direction at some point. You can find info under the announcements section on BP or in facebook or eventbrite & meetup under REIA Rico. The next meeting is on Weds March 24 in Old San Juan. We also have a Whatsapp group - if you dm me, we can add you to the group. We also have access to some wholesale deals - houses that need to be fixed up, if that is of interest. I hope to see you at one of the future meetings.

  • Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    I am visiting Condado for the month and am exploring REI opportunities. I am definitely interested in attending the March 24th event in San Juan, but was also wondering if anyone knows of any other Real Estate networking events happening later this week or next week. Thanks!

  • Developer · Member since 2010 · 188 posts · 104 votes
    5y

    @Ryan Goldrick

    There is a meeting this Weds 3/10/21 in Condado area at the Treehouse (formerly Tantalo) which is not real estate specific but is networking and there will be real estate folks and others there.  It's called  "Uncommon Entrepreneurs".  I think it's from about 7-9 or 10pm.

  • Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Kathryn Morea 

    Awesome, Thank you!

  • Charlotte, NC · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Jaime Velez  How has your experience been so far with working remotely?? I'm considering coming to the area for awhile and working remotely, but interested to know if you've had issues with power outages affecting your ability to work online?

  • Wholesaler · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 33 posts · 11 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Latoya Tomlinson:

    @Jaime Velez  How has your experience been so far with working remotely?? I'm considering coming to the area for awhile and working remotely, but interested to know if you've had issues with power outages affecting your ability to work online?

    I have been working from Puerto Rico remote since June and we have not lost power that much at all. Let me know if you have any questions about working from here. 


  • Flipper/Rehabber · Puerto Rico · Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    Hey everyone I'm also moving to and investing in Puerto Rico. I'm especially interested in BRRRR's as I've found many 3bed properties <100k ...

  • Real Estate Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2016 · 399 posts · 260 votes
    5y

    I am! Buying multifamily, hospitality, and land. Everything we can!

  • Investor · Layton, UT · Member since 2020 · 17 posts · 7 votes
    4y

    I'm buying multifamily properties on the east side of the island. Would love to connect and meet up. Will be in PR december 2021-spring 2022. 

  • Real Estate Broker · San Juan, PR · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    HI! Boricua here, if there's any group in WhatsApp or any other app I want to join! Im trying to get my first RE deal this year. 

  • Investor · Palmas Del Mar, Puerto Rico · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Tony Yares:

    My family and I live / invest in Minnesota, but we come to Rincon / Aguada every winter, and we are ready to start investing in PR as well.  Is there a local meet up?  Can someone do a few introductions for me so I can start getting to know others actively investing on the island?  Thank you!!


     Hi did you guys bought anything? I’m currently looking to purchase a lot on the west side. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.