Anyone in Dallas buy at the courthouse?

Anyone in Dallas buy at the courthouse?

Rental Property Investor · Dallas, TX (dallas texas) · Member since 2020 · 83 posts · 54 votes

Does anyone in the Dallas-Fort Worth area have expeirence with auctions at the court house? If so I would love to pick your brain and connect. 

Thanks. 

0Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Coppell, TX · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
5y

@Bryan Mitchell    One county has moved some tax sales to virtual.  Burnett County has put some sales online....all lots from what I can tell or have seen.  State has authorized, but I think in most places it will just cause trouble.  We'll see.  Burnett has been doing it about a year.  Maybe they are the test case.

Regular bank foreclosures are still on the courthouse steps or somewhere around the courthouse.  Some counties are still holding, some not.  Dallas I believe has not had auctions since about March or April from what I know.  I rarely go to Dallas sales so doesn't matter to me.  I normally head out to the smaller counties.

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Coppell, TX · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    5y

    Courthouse closed right now....since about April sale....who knows when it will be open again.

  • Bryan MitchellPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Columbus, GA · Member since 2016 · 623 posts · 337 votes
    5y

    @Bruce Lynn, have they moved these to a virtual platform?

  • Real Estate Broker · Coppell, TX · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    5y

    @Bryan Mitchell    One county has moved some tax sales to virtual.  Burnett County has put some sales online....all lots from what I can tell or have seen.  State has authorized, but I think in most places it will just cause trouble.  We'll see.  Burnett has been doing it about a year.  Maybe they are the test case.

    Regular bank foreclosures are still on the courthouse steps or somewhere around the courthouse.  Some counties are still holding, some not.  Dallas I believe has not had auctions since about March or April from what I know.  I rarely go to Dallas sales so doesn't matter to me.  I normally head out to the smaller counties.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.