• Walla Walla, WA
Votes |
Proof of Concept, Yellow Letters

Tony Wooldridge
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Walla Walla, WA
Posted Feb 28 2017, 22:07

Hello BP, I just wanted to share in my most recent and first Yellow Letter Marketing Campaign. I am obviously new and have been listening, reading, educating and doing what seems like nothing but RE stuff since getting bitten by the RE bug. It’s been Awesome so far!

I have been compiling a list of vacant houses through driving for $ dollars over the past couple of months. I tried to get a list from list source but unfortunately my county doesn't supply (release) that information with list source at least the critique with which I was trying to market to yet (I called list source and they informed me that they aren't sure when my county will release that info if ever). So I have had to do all of the foot work myself and even though it has been a lot of work it has also been very gratifying as well.

I have sent out over seventy letters (not a lot compared to the big dogs but it’s a start) to Tax DQed property owners as well as instate and out of state absentee owners ( due to not having access to the equity of the absentee owners it will take some tweaking to find out what is going to work). I sent them out yesterday and am happy to announce that I received my first call 3 hours ago. HOLY COW I got a call! How awesome is that?! Proof of concept!! I really didn't know what I was going to say but I remembered from all of the Podcast that I have listened to is just SHUT UPand listen. Let them share their situation and that is exactly what I did. She informed me of her situation, which right now I am not sure that I am going to be able to make it work as she doesn't have very much equity in the property. However, I did inform her that if she would allow me time to go back and research her property and put some figures together to see if this would be something that could work for us both. She stated that would be fine.

So I have full intention (I have already looked at the public records and have determined that it might not work but none the less the concept works) of calling her back with either an offer or a recommendation as to how I might be able to help her without me buying the property myself. I appreciate you guys letting me share my situation and appreciate you taking the time for reading as well. Even though this is only one call and for all I know might be the only call I get that might not turn into a deal, at least I know that when you take action the outcome of actually finding a deal is that much closer. ACTION is where it all begins! Thanks again BP

Loading replies...