Handwriting as a computer font??

7 Replies

Can anyone please direct my husband and I to the blog/website Brandon Turner mentioned on one of the podcasts that he used to incorporate his handwriting to be used as a font?  I've searched the blogs but cannot locate it.  I would greatly appreciate your help with this!!!

Also, if anyone has used this technique, how successful were you with this?   We plan on writing to a list of home owners that own multifamily properties free and clear in our local area.  We are trying to purchase our next investment property using seller financing and move into it and house-hack another property.

Thanks for all the help!

Lindsey Iskierka, Real Estate Agent in CA (#01989065)

@Lindsey Iskierka

I'm not sure what Brandon mentioned on the podcast but I've had good luck with calligraphr.com. I have no interest in the business but am a satisfied customer. My handwriting is horrible so I asked my wife to print the template and I uploaded. It's a fairly straightforward process and the handwriting looks pretty good. If you go the paid version, you can add variations to your handwriting to make it look more 'real'. 

As far as success, I'm still early on in using for my direct mail so I can't say. No one has said anything negative but for the next round, I'll be sticking to the handwritten font on the envelopes and a typed letter. 

Hope that helps. 

Joe H., Real Estate Agent in Indiana (#RB17001260)

Bradley Hand ITC is one in Word. Open Word and click the font selector to scroll through. There are tons of them.

They work better than standard fonts in my opinion.

Thank you Joe and Mark for the input!!

Lindsey Iskierka, Real Estate Agent in CA (#01989065)

Hello Lindsey,

Here you go. https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2016/02/13/create-handwritten-font-for-direct-mail-marketing/

I use a computer because my handwriting is just that bad and now you can turn your typing back into writing heh. I think I'd use someone else's handwriting font though...... Which defeats the changing my handwriting to a font........ This is deep....

LOL

Mike Cumbie, Real Estate Agent in NY (#10401285310)

I use a font called blzee that can be downloaded straight from the web. It looks like hand writing and looked better than the handwritten font I built myself.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.