Handwriting as a computer font??

Handwriting as a computer font??

Real Estate Agent · Long Beach, California (CA) · Member since 2016 · 73 posts · 43 votes

Can anyone please direct my husband and I to the blog/website Brandon Turner mentioned on one of the podcasts that he used to incorporate his handwriting to be used as a font?  I've searched the blogs but cannot locate it.  I would greatly appreciate your help with this!!!

Also, if anyone has used this technique, how successful were you with this?   We plan on writing to a list of home owners that own multifamily properties free and clear in our local area.  We are trying to purchase our next investment property using seller financing and move into it and house-hack another property.

Thanks for all the help!

0Reply
14 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2017 · 59 posts · 33 votes
    8y

    @Lindsey Iskierka

    I'm not sure what Brandon mentioned on the podcast but I've had good luck with calligraphr.com. I have no interest in the business but am a satisfied customer. My handwriting is horrible so I asked my wife to print the template and I uploaded. It's a fairly straightforward process and the handwriting looks pretty good. If you go the paid version, you can add variations to your handwriting to make it look more 'real'. 

    As far as success, I'm still early on in using for my direct mail so I can't say. No one has said anything negative but for the next round, I'll be sticking to the handwritten font on the envelopes and a typed letter. 

    Hope that helps. 

  • Buffalo, NY · Member since 2014 · 371 posts · 146 votes
    8y

    Bradley Hand ITC is one in Word. Open Word and click the font selector to scroll through. There are tons of them.

    They work better than standard fonts in my opinion.

  • Real Estate Agent · Long Beach, California (CA) · Member since 2016 · 73 posts · 43 votes
    8y
    Thank you Joe and Mark for the input!!
  • Charlotte, NC · Member since 2014 · 126 posts · 37 votes
    8y

    Hello Lindsey,

    Here you go. https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2016/02/13/create-handwritten-font-for-direct-mail-marketing/

  • Real Estate Agent · Long Beach, California (CA) · Member since 2016 · 73 posts · 43 votes
    8y

    @Damien Dupee

    Thank you so much! This was the blog I was looking for!!!

  • Mike CumbieBusiness Member
    REALTOR® · Brockport, NY · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    8y

    I use a computer because my handwriting is just that bad and now you can turn your typing back into writing heh. I think I'd use someone else's handwriting font though...... Which defeats the changing my handwriting to a font........ This is deep....

    LOL

  • Ken NyczajPro Member
    Investor · Grasonville, MD · Member since 2017 · 453 posts · 415 votes
    8y
    I use a font called blzee that can be downloaded straight from the web. It looks like hand writing and looked better than the handwritten font I built myself.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.