SFR in New Orleans, no agent used to find it!

SFR in New Orleans, no agent used to find it!

Member since 2022 · 1 post · 3 votes

Investment Info:

Single-family residence buy & hold investment.

Purchase price: $385,000
Cash invested: $80,000

Includes a detached MIL behind the house. I rent out separately.

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

Great prices in the New Orleans market. Immediate cash flow. The MIL suite made this particular property most appealing as a rental.

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

I found it on MLS. It had been pending 2 other buyers due to foundation issues and the seller was anxious to finally sell so she fixed everything I asked for and gave me a good price. I also didn't use my own buyers agent, so the seller agent represented both of us and only took 3 or 4% commission, which was a great way to bring down the price a little.

How did you finance this deal?

conventional loan. 20% down. I lived in it for a time.

How did you add value to the deal?

I fully furnished the common areas and the MIL suite. I

What was the outcome?

Great long term cash flowing rental

3Reply
10 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Stephen KeigheryBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · New Orleans, LA · Member since 2018 · 717 posts · 555 votes
    4y

    Awesome. What part of NOLA is it in and how much is the rent?

    Home Buyer Louisiana4.855 Reviews
  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    4y

    Congrats and wishing you success with it!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.