Got my first House Hack in San Diego!

Got my first House Hack in San Diego!

Flipper/Rehabber · San Diego, CA · Member since 2020 · 26 posts · 9 votes

Investment Info:

Small multi-family (2-4 units) buy & hold investment.

Purchase price: $825,000
Cash invested: $45,000

House Hacking a Duplex in Logan Heights San Diego. two detached units, the front unit is a 4/2 and the rear unit is a 2/1. I am going to live in the rear 2/1 with a roommate, and Airbnb the front 4/2 unit. Based on comps in the area I will cash flow anywhere from $500 - $1,000+ a month. Should be listed and rented out by 10/1/2022. Feel free to asking me how its going and how I found this deal.

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

I wanted to House Hack and live for free here in San Diego.

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

I found this deal through the Real Estate Investing Firm I work for. So I bought it off market and they helped me out. I was even able to finance the renovation costs as well!

How did you finance this deal?

3.5% FHA! I had a great lender and the seller was willing to work with us to get it across the finish line.

How did you add value to the deal?

I was able to finance an additional 75k to go towards renovation, and the ARV will be around 950k when done.

What was the outcome?

TBD, is currently being renovated. My project profit should be around $500 - $1,000 a month in cash flow when listed on Airbnb and rented to a roommate.

Lessons learned? Challenges?

Challenge was buying this wholesale with an FHA loan, but with the right lender and people on my team, we were able to get it closed! The lesson, to be patient and take action!

Did you work with any real estate professionals (agents, lenders, etc.) that you'd recommend to others?

Yes, my lender who is a multi-family investor himself and was able to be creative and resourceful to solve the challenges we faced. Highly recommend him and text me if you need a excellent and investor savvy lender! 530.801.1644

8Reply
62 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Seattle, WA · Member since 2019 · 243 posts · 246 votes
4y

Congrats! How're you feeling about the San Diego regulations coming into play?

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Seattle, WA · Member since 2019 · 243 posts · 246 votes
    4y

    Congrats! How're you feeling about the San Diego regulations coming into play?

  • Member since 2022 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    4y

    I definitely would like to discuss your deal when I return from Austin next week. This is exactly,  except maybe for location, what I want to do in San Diego. 

  • Jordan MoorheadBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    4y

    Congratulations!

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 4 votes
    4y

    lets go!!!! congratulations 

  • Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    Hi Manuel!! I'm super encouraged by your post. I've been looking in the San Diego area myself for the past year without much luck because of the competitiveness of the market. Could you tell me how you found your  property?! 

    Thanks,
    Sylvia

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 4 votes
    4y

    @Manuel Moreno Jr congrats! I would be interested in doing something similar in San Diego. Not easy to find cash flow in this market!

  • Member since 2022 · 55 posts · 19 votes
    4y

    Congrats! I’m looking to do something similar in SD

  • Investor · NH · Member since 2020 · 175 posts · 75 votes
    3y

    Hey @Manuel Moreno Jr, congrats on the deal!

    Wanted to check in after these past few months and see how this deal is going for you?

  • Sacramento · Member since 2019 · 54 posts · 24 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Cole Britting:

    Hey @Manuel Moreno Jr, congrats on the deal!

    Wanted to check in after these past few months and see how this deal is going for you?

    Crickets
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.