Estimating property taxes for analyses

Estimating property taxes for analyses

Lender · San Diego, CA · Member since 2022 · 235 posts · 94 votes

Hey! I'm just learning how to analyze deals and I'm confused about how to estimate property taxes. 

option 1: someone told me that property taxes are about 1.25% of a property's purchase price

option 2: the mortgage estimation on the MLS + property tax estimator on the MLS

Which of these 2 options would be more accurate?

Thank you!!

2Reply
59 views

Most Popular Reply

I​nvestor & Agent · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
3y

In my market it is public record in the county assessor website. Hopefully yours is easy to access?

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y

    You can find property taxes in your county website

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.