Oh Happy Day!! I made $ in the REI playground!

Oh Happy Day!! I made $ in the REI playground!

Investor · DMV Maryland · Member since 2013 · 867 posts · 370 votes

After thinking it won't really happen, something will come up at the last minute, don't talk about it because then it will be jinxed . . . I received a very generous finder's fee today at a closing and consider myself "officially" in the game of RE investing. This will be one of many closings and I already know this will be the easiest deal of all I will ever do.

I want to thank the BP Nation for all the quality, indispensable advice and also because never in my wildest dreams 10 months ago (give or take) when I first found this site and started combing through it and digesting everything I could, did I EVER think my first paycheck would involve 2 BP rockstars. I'm truly blessed and hope to pay it forward in the same vein as these two share their time and expertise.

And another confidential shout out . . to my BP wholesale king who texts and keeps me accountable for marketing and moving forward in conjuction with the other BP wizard whose product makes those calls come to the phone.

To those who think it can't happen, don't give up. Just keep on it!

8Reply
50 views

16 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Cookeville, TN · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 948 votes
    12y

    congrats @Christina R.

  • Virtual Assistant · South Lake Tahoe, CA · Member since 2013 · 36 posts · 8 votes
    12y

    Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

    So encouraging!!! Congrats!!!

  • Calumet City, IL · Member since 2014 · 312 posts · 49 votes
    12y

    Congrats

  • Investor · Peachtree Corners, GA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Congratulations! Sounds like a BP success story to me!

  • Specialist · Portland, OR · Member since 2013 · 96 posts · 19 votes
    12y

    Thanks for sharing @Christina R. . We hear from lots of people trying to get started, so it's always encouraging to hear a success story. Keep up the good work!

  • Investor · Willow Spring, NC · Member since 2013 · 788 posts · 285 votes
    12y

    Congrats!

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 75 posts · 28 votes
    12y

    Congrats @Christina!

  • Queens NY, NY · Member since 2013 · 467 posts · 107 votes
    12y

    Congrats...on to the next.!!!

  • Wholesaler · Redding, CA · Member since 2014 · 21 posts · 7 votes
    12y
    Awesome! Very encouraging....thank you for sharing.
  • Investor · Mission Viejo, CA · Member since 2012 · 627 posts · 204 votes
    12y

    Congratulations Christina. I lived in the DC area 1986 to 1989. There are many nice residential and rural areas. I miss biking into Rock Creek Park from Tyson's corner and out way into Virginia on the paved trail... What are the rent to sales price ratios you finding in various neighborhoods?

  • Investor · Mequon , WI · Member since 2014 · 58 posts · 13 votes
    12y

    Good for you @Christina R.

    Just goes to show you what can happen with perseverance and consistency. Success doesn't happen overnight, but needs to be built over time.

    Keep up the good work.

  • Investor · DMV Maryland · Member since 2013 · 867 posts · 370 votes
    12y

    Thanks to all above for the well wishes!

    @Stephen Masek

    - As you well know, rent is very high around the DC metro area relative to purchase price unless you are in a very urban area such as DC itself and Baltimore, where you can find lower end properties that will rent at Section 8 for 2-3 times what you paid for them wholesale. I'm currently looking to buy a sub 30K property and do a Section 8 rental; I believe it really takes cash to get into that game so I'm trying to figure out creative ways of doing it because the HML route I tried back at the end of 2013 didn't work out (and I think that was a blessing in disguise).

  • Contractor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    This is awesome Christina! Thanks for sharing, keep it up!

  • Chris K.Pro Member
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 655 votes
    12y

    Good job!! It always feels good to get that first one under your belt

  • Bowie, MD · Member since 2013 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Congratulations!!

  • Real Estate Agent · Orem, UT · Member since 2012 · 164 posts · 49 votes
    12y
    Congrats!
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.