Skip to content
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice

User Stats

Votes
Wenecio Godfrey
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Jacksonville, FL
Votes |
Funding for an vacant investment property?

Wenecio Godfrey
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Jacksonville, FL
Posted Jun 24 2015, 21:58

Hello all.

So here is the deal. I have a 1600sqft SFH in Duval county FL. Purchase price was $16k. Realtor is giving me estimate of around $70k-$80k, after researching my own comps I feel more confident going with an ARV of around $65-68k. Contractor rehab estimates range from $25-$32k. My exit here is to rehab, rent, refi, and hold for 3-5 years.

The issue I'm running into is securing financing for the rehab. The home is owned free and clear. Since the home is owned under my LLC, some banks will not do a personal mortgage on it. Some of the bigger banks require you to hold the home for at least 1 year for they will loan on the ARV (I've only had it for about 3 months). I did find some possible options with a local credit union and another local bank, but I'm still having to explore those further.

So other than hard money lenders, does anyone know of any mortgage brokers, institutions, or other places to look that might give a 10-30yr loan on this type of property?  I'd rather borrow money from the existing equity or take out a low interest secured loan then have to borrow money from a hard money lender and then try to refi later.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!  

Loading replies...