Renting or Buying in Pacific Beach,San Diego?

Renting or Buying in Pacific Beach,San Diego?

San Diego, CA · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 10 votes

Any feedback is appreciated!  I am currently renting a one bedroom in Pacific Beach but my lease is up at the end of April.  My landlord approached me about buying it to save herself the hassle of listing it when the lease expires.  The mortgage, hoa fees, and insurance would come out to about $200 dollars more than I pay now.  Buy it and hope that it appreciates even though there is negative cash flow or find another place to rent and save my capital for a property that produces cash flow?

1Reply
14 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Developer · San Diego, CA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    If you want to make that your long term home, go for it.

    If you're trying to optimize net worth, I'd look first at whether I could buy it at X and sell at Y ... Just like a live-in flip, with or without any necessary rehab.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.