Round Lake Beach, IL · Member since 2016 · 50 posts · 11 votes
10y
I would recommend the calculators on the site. They are really good! Looks like that's what @Karen O. used. It is good to keep those additional expenses in mind when reviewing buy and holds, as you should always budget things like vacancy, CapEx, insurance, etc. Always be conservative, and a lot of those values (vacancy and insurance) can be researched in your area, but worst case with a conservative number is that it is less than what you budget for.
Rental Property Investor · North Conway, NH · Member since 2016 · 69 posts · 16 votes
10y
I can tell just by the taxes that the deal isn't very good. I am dealing with the same obstacle in my area (over 2% tax). Also I think capex is usually 10% and maintenance and repairs is about 10%. Management in my area is closer to 12% (including turnovers).
Investor · Big Spring, TX · Member since 2016 · 140 posts · 59 votes
10y
Assuming you do a loan at 120k for 15yrs at 5% (that's what I'm typically doing in Texas) you payment would be about $950. That doesn't sound good. If your paying all cash, then it would take you about 12 years to recoup that money at 1100 a month.