Cracked my first deal! Buy and Hold.

Cracked my first deal! Buy and Hold.

Investor · Anchorage, AK · Member since 2016 · 222 posts · 294 votes

I've been thinking about making some kind of deal over the past 3-5 years on and off, and I finally took a risk. I have finally done my first deal, I close in 1 week on a small duplex. My current home is already in a rental contract and i'm living with my in-laws until I can move into the duplex. I just wanna thank Bigger Pockets, and all of the authors of the books I have read that gave me the motivation and confidence to start. I have spoken with multiple realtors in my area, and the one that I chose to work with is the one that found me the deal, so no offense to the other realtors out there... who knows I may use YOU on the next one. My 5-year goal is to keep the duplex, and eventually roll the equity in my single family home (using a 1031 exchange) into the next property (2,3,or 4-plex) and hopefully that will be enough for %20 down so I don't have to move into it. Hopefully having 4-6 rental units will be enough to supplement my current income so I can retire early! If not, I may acquire more in the future. Thanks again Bigger Pockets Community!

0Reply
6 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor/Landlord · Farmington Hills, MI · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
10y

Congratulations, you are now an investor. Best wishes on your journey to infinity and beyond.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor/Landlord · Farmington Hills, MI · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Congratulations, you are now an investor. Best wishes on your journey to infinity and beyond.

  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    10y

    Great. Keep moving forward.

  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 601 votes
    10y

    Good work @Cam Jimmy! Congrats on getting the 1st one under your belt. Here's to the next!

  • Investor · Anchorage, AK · Member since 2016 · 222 posts · 294 votes
    10y

    Thanks eveyone!

  • Agent/Investor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2016 · 66 posts · 46 votes
    10y

    Great job!!!!!!! @Cam Jimmy keep us updated on your continued success.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.