Completed BRRRR Deal in Akron Suburb

Completed BRRRR Deal in Akron Suburb

Investor · Tallmadge, OH · Member since 2015 · 258 posts · 275 votes

Thought I'd post the numbers and pics from our most recent rehab project in Tallmadge, Ohio (a suburb of Akron). We bought the property in July 2016 off the MLS using our own cash and private funds; after owning the property for a little over a month and completing the majority of the rehab, we used delayed financing, cashed out the initial purchase price, and paid back the private loans. The rehab took about 8 weeks, and we have tenants moving in this week.

Purchase price: $81,500
Closing costs (associated w/ purchase): $700
Repairs: $14,000
Total initial investment: $96,200

Delayed financing mortgage: $80,500
Closing costs (includes loan costs & escrow): $3,800
Total cash invested: $19,500

Monthly rent: $1270
Monthly PITI payment: $597.32
Monthly maintenance & capex: $225
Vacancy: $63.50
Management allowance (we are currently managing ourselves): $63.50
Monthly Net Income: $321

Cash on cash return: 19.75%

4Reply
47 views

35 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Podcaster & Multi-Family Apartment Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 273 posts · 138 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Jen R.:

    @Adam Adams - thank you! This is our second in the past year; our goal is one/year, as at this point my husband and I both have other jobs that we love and real estate is our "retirement" plan. I read your profile; are you involved in many deals in this area?

     Hi Jen, not yet. I have 3 properties in Canton and Youngstown and have been making offers on others. Summit county is new for me and I am still learning about the areas but I do know that Cuyahoga Falls, Stow, and Tallmadge are my main focus in the area. We have a lot of money invested in signage, door knockers, door hangers, direct mail, and internet marketing campaigns for those areas. We expect to have the calls coming in by Oct 1st and our first deal under contract by Nov 1st.

  • Investor · Tallmadge, OH · Member since 2015 · 258 posts · 275 votes
    10y

    @Adam Adams - those are all great areas, and areas that we target as well. Best of luck to you!

    @Ryan Arth - thanks for the encouragement!

  • Real Estate Broker · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2014 · 35 posts · 12 votes
    9y

    Great job Jen! I am new to REI and looking at the Akron area now so this has been awesome info. I am in the process of setting up a team of local professionals (prop Mgt, attorney, broker, etc) and working on a couple acquisitions. Good luck and my compliments on a great job!

  • Investor · Tallmadge, OH · Member since 2015 · 258 posts · 275 votes
    9y

    @Glen Fullerton - thank you, and I'm glad the details on this property have been helpful! Best of luck to you; the Akron area is a great place to invest!

  • Wholesaler · Akron, OH · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    @Brent Combs 

    May i ask you if you can pass on the private/Hard money lenders information too us?

    If so please contact me

    Thank You

  • Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Burton Pierce:

    @Brent Combs 

    May i ask you if you can pass on the private/Hard money lenders information too us?

    If so please contact me

    Thank You

    Er, did you mean to tag @Jen R.? (I don't have any info about specific Lenders). Cheers...

  • Wholesaler · Akron, OH · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    @Jen R.

    I am a investor in the Akron,Ohio area and have been looking for a private lender dor sometime now and ita been a very rough road ro find

     I was wondering would you be willing to share your private lenders info if so i appreciated that very much 

    Contact me please

  • Developer · Cleveland / Akron, OH · Member since 2008 · 922 posts · 399 votes
    9y

    @Burton Pierce There is a guy who is at the Akron REIA meetings who lends, older gentleman who is selling a book.

  • Wholesaler · Akron, OH · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    @Ryan Arth

    Thank You very much appreciated!!!

  • Investor · Tallmadge, OH · Member since 2015 · 258 posts · 275 votes
    9y

    @Burton Pierce - we obtain our private funds from a couple of close friends and family members. But yes, as Ryan mentioned, there are private investors who regularly attend the AREIA meetings, so I would also recommend you start there. Good luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.