Real Estate Licensed and First Deal in Underwriting!

Real Estate Licensed and First Deal in Underwriting!

Real Estate Agent · Mount Nebo, WV · Member since 2017 · 174 posts · 68 votes

Hello again, BP! 

Wanted to post here and publicly thank BP and all the active forum users that have helped guide me on my path to financial independence through real estate investing!

I've just caught up listening to the almost-300 BP podcasts, and through the strategies and success stories I heard there (and read in the forums here), I was motivated to obtain my West Virginia real estate license. I was able to line up a RE salesperson position with RE/MAX before I had even tested.

Also, I live in a tourist area in Central WV, so my interest naturally moved to vacation rentals. Again, because of the concepts taught on the BP Forums and Podcast, I have been able to creatively structure a deal that will be 100% financed, using a regional development fund to be junior lein and cover down payment, allowing me to use personal funds for business expenses and play defense against CapEx and Maintenance issues that may pop up. The deal is now in underwriting, which is AMAZING. So, thanks BP for the role you have played in helping me and my family get one step closer to financial independence!

3Reply
9 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
8y

Timothy- congrats and please keep us posted!

I love me some creative financing. Share some details after you close!

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    8y

    Timothy- congrats and please keep us posted!

    I love me some creative financing. Share some details after you close!

  • Camano Island, WA · Member since 2017 · 91 posts · 42 votes
    8y

    @Timothy Doenges Congratulations! Way to stay focused and committed! 300 BP Podcasts? That's 300-400 HOURS of video. 

    Keep us posted on how your deals do!

  • Investor · The Creek, WV · Member since 2014 · 890 posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Timothy Doenges I love seeing others from West Virginia chasing the same dreams as myself. I'm guessing you are in the New River Gorge area? Congrats on the deal!

  • Investor · Morgantown, WV · Member since 2008 · 207 posts · 33 votes
    8y
    Sounds great. If you can put up with 18000 minutes of Brandon and Josh , you deserve a special trophy ! Can you expand upon the regional development grant ? Are you using Airbnb at all? You may even approach some landlords with good vacation rentals and rent the properties from them , spruce them up with amenities and rent Airbnb, as long as you disclose to the lessor.
  • Real Estate Agent · Mount Nebo, WV · Member since 2017 · 174 posts · 68 votes
    8y
    Hey all! Thanks for the comments, and I love the interest in my financing package. I will gladly divulge more information once the deal is through underwriting!
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.