W Friendship, MD · Member since 2017 · 25 posts · 7 votes
I will keep my story short and voided Of all the details because I think we get the jist. Purchased new construction from Morris September 2017 was told construction six to eight weeks. First month told permits are taking longer than expected but was told everything was ready before I purchased, following month told footers and underground plumbing was done.Through multiple emails every month being told the same progress footers and plumbing they forget what the tell me
the previous month. Told they are backed up now after many emails and tell me another company called Waire Group is
handling the construction now. I have a local realtor on the ground now and he drove by today to a dirt lot with maybe footers he can’t tell. A project to be done in six-eight weeks is now a dirt lot almost eight months later.
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
8y
what you have there is a dig out.. nothing poored yet..
Not sure what planet they are on where they say they can build a home in 6 to 8 weeks.
I mean technically if you do it on TV it can be done.
the best Texas builders can bang them out in 75 days or so.. Production for real builders
our builds take 5 to 7 months on average.. Just saying of course we are building semi customs..
but still.... pretty hard to coordinate and execute that quickly.
If you only paid for the lot you may want to just sell it and move on.. I know lots where Morris is buying them are basically not worth much or anything.. like much of low end area's vacant lands.
Thanks for posting.. And wish you the best with it..
Rental Property Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2016 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
8y
Damian Robinson did you just buy the land or did you pay for a whole new house up front too?
If it’s just the land I’d sell and move on like Jay Hinrichs is suggesting. This is definitely a new one... hadn’t heard he was supposedly doing new construction.
Good luck with the process
Damian Robinson did you just buy the land or did you pay for a whole new house up front too?
If it’s just the land I’d sell and move on like Jay Hinrichs is suggesting. This is definitely a new one... hadn’t heard he was supposedly doing new construction.
Good luck with the process
I was aware of this .. I saw one live last trip in.. Little block houses as cheap as you can possibly build a home .. right in the same areas.. were NO one but morris would dream to build.. Habitat would do it but that's a charity program as you know.
My only suggestion to anyone engaged with new construction with Morris is to be uber careful.
Home inspections at each phase is critical.. once you cover the walls you cant see the corners that are cut.. even though it could pass city inspection.. also you run into mechanics leins and so on and so forth.. building from ground up takes a little more experience than rehabbing.. but it can be done.. I mean I am an accidential builder.. having foreclosed on builders in the crash and having to finish the projects... so I have some very special education you only get when it happens to you and you have to figure it out.. was not pleasant. and it cost million or so.. but I got out.. and then I realized Hey since as the lender I am taking all the risk I mine as well just do this myself.
so here we are about 150 plus new builds later and things are pretty good.
Now to be fair my rock star in Charleston build a home last year then calls me and says OOPS house is 1 foot to low we have to raise it.. that's a brand new 700k home that has to be raised a foot.. cost 30k.. Ouch.. but we still made a bunch on it.. but those things happen.
In one subdivision I was building in the neighboring builder went with the cheapo framer.. and when you went in the house it look like the TREES of MYSTERY house along the Northern CA coast.. yup built it out of plumb drop a golf ball at the back of the house and it will roll right out the front door on its own LOL.. not sure how much he lost as he sold it as is.. but no one in there right mind would pay close to retail for that. I was selling the ones next to his for just under 400k.
I just cringe thinking of Morris getting into new construction .. Maybe it works.. maybe it does not.
W Friendship, MD · Member since 2017 · 25 posts · 7 votes
8y
That’s how Morris works you pay all the money up front for his properties.What recourse do you think I have?Live and learn at that time BP didn’t have bad reviews on him yet.
That’s how Morris works you pay all the money up front for his properties.What recourse do you think I have?Live and learn at that time BP didn’t have bad reviews on him yet.
well you want to do what everyone else has been recommended to do file a complaint with the AG s office its on line and free.
and in this case the contractors board in the state they will not take lightly to this one either..
and then of course talk with @Colin Zhu he can give you some insight off line.
boy I am so sorry your going through this.. man oh man this is sad news.
Investor · Malakoff, TX · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
8y
I'm waiting for this whole story to show up on an episode of 'American Greed' in a few years, with Morris in jail. His wife will probably get off with a slap on the wrist using the cuteness defense ('I'm cute so obviously I didn't know what was going on').
Fishers, IN · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 1 vote
8y
Hey Damian,
Just wanted to say sorry to hear about your experience with Morris and I also want to thank you for sharing on BP. I almost made the same mistake, but luckily found BP shortly after my initial "consultation" call and decided not to invest with them. I'm recently located to the Indianapolis area, so if you don't want to bug your realtor, I'm happy to drive by and provide photos if you ever need it. Typically I'm out every Sunday now as I'm searching for my 1st deal and trying to get to know the area. As a side note, one member here had some luck after getting ahold of Clayton and I believe he offered to buy back the property. Might be one avenue before incurring the expense of an attorney. Anyway, hope it works out for you, and please don't hesitate to reach out if I can be of any assistance.
I'm waiting for this whole story to show up on an episode of 'American Greed' in a few years, with Morris in jail. His wife will probably get off with a slap on the wrist using the cuteness defense ('I'm cute so obviously I didn't know what was going on').
Back not so long ago when Ocean Pointe was a thing.... and they had a website lapse.... the owner of said website was out of Panama.
Wonder how many vacant lots it takes for private jet to Panama?
Realtor · Boulder, CO · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 5k+ votes
8y
Everyone reading this should go report their YouTube channel as a scam. If enough people do, maybe YouTube will finally take it down. Kills me to think there are still people out there purchasing from these scammers. How many people need to get ripped off before they get shut down?
Everyone reading this should go report their YouTube channel as a scam. If enough people do, maybe YouTube will finally take it down. Kills me to think there are still people out there purchasing from these scammers. How many people need to get ripped off before they get shut down?
I find it amazing that all these people were scammed by Morris Invest and there are no bad reviews on his YouTube Channel in the comments nor his Facebook ads. I could see him taking a few down, but we are talking hundreds of people affected by this. He can't possibly keep up with hundreds of bad reviews week in and week out. I would be blasting him every day.
Everyone reading this should go report their YouTube channel as a scam. If enough people do, maybe YouTube will finally take it down. Kills me to think there are still people out there purchasing from these scammers. How many people need to get ripped off before they get shut down?
I find it amazing that all these people were scammed by Morris Invest and there are no bad reviews on his YouTube Channel in the comments nor his Facebook ads. I could see him taking a few down, but we are talking hundreds of people affected by this. He can't possibly keep up with hundreds of bad reviews week in and week out. I would be blasting him every day.
And the ripoff report. Those go to top of google and no one can remove them Plus mr Morris could post a rebuttal if he chose to
Everyone reading this should go report their YouTube channel as a scam. If enough people do, maybe YouTube will finally take it down. Kills me to think there are still people out there purchasing from these scammers. How many people need to get ripped off before they get shut down?
I find it amazing that all these people were scammed by Morris Invest and there are no bad reviews on his YouTube Channel in the comments nor his Facebook ads. I could see him taking a few down, but we are talking hundreds of people affected by this. He can't possibly keep up with hundreds of bad reviews week in and week out. I would be blasting him every day.
I believe they scour through the comments and quickly delete anything potentially negative, unless it's some completely ridiculous statement that he can actually have an argument against and not look bad (IE, Nobody makes money in real estate!). I posted "Please do your due diligence or even just a simple google search on Morris Invest" and that was quickly taken down. He knows exactly what he's doing and is just trying his best to hide it so the scheme can continue on, I guess in his delusional mind, forever.
Realtor · Boulder, CO · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 5k+ votes
8y
@Caleb Heimsoth I think that BP podcast is finally down, just searched for it and couldn't find it. It was still up a few days ago though (on YouTube, got taken down from this website a while ago maybe they had a hard time getting it off YT). @Brendan Curley I know I'm with you. They must have a full time team scrubbing all the negative comments. Ripoff report didn't even have anything until recently and still there isn't much negative on them except on here of course. Maybe there's more going on behind the scenes? Maybe the videos being up longer helps the criminal case or class action somehow, more evidence or something, who knows? Can't wait to see the topic of their next video though: "How to hide out from angry investors while spending their money in Tristan de Cunha"? @Andy Rumple cute people like you get away with so much tell us how you do it!
Everyone reading this should go report their YouTube channel as a scam. If enough people do, maybe YouTube will finally take it down. Kills me to think there are still people out there purchasing from these scammers. How many people need to get ripped off before they get shut down?
I find it amazing that all these people were scammed by Morris Invest and there are no bad reviews on his YouTube Channel in the comments nor his Facebook ads. I could see him taking a few down, but we are talking hundreds of people affected by this. He can't possibly keep up with hundreds of bad reviews week in and week out. I would be blasting him every day.
I believe they scour through the comments and quickly delete anything potentially negative, unless it's some completely ridiculous statement that he can actually have an argument against and not look bad (IE, Nobody makes money in real estate!). I posted "Please do your due diligence or even just a simple google search on Morris Invest" and that was quickly taken down. He knows exactly what he's doing and is just trying his best to hide it so the scheme can continue on, I guess in his delusional mind, forever.
Rental Property Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2016 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
8y
@Steve K. I know he’s ripping people off and I think he will he sued a lot, but is there anything criminal here? I don’t think this is madolf type level. I’m no legal expert but if he’s got an army of attorneys anything is possible