W Friendship, MD · Member since 2017 · 25 posts · 7 votes
I will keep my story short and voided Of all the details because I think we get the jist. Purchased new construction from Morris September 2017 was told construction six to eight weeks. First month told permits are taking longer than expected but was told everything was ready before I purchased, following month told footers and underground plumbing was done.Through multiple emails every month being told the same progress footers and plumbing they forget what the tell me
the previous month. Told they are backed up now after many emails and tell me another company called Waire Group is
handling the construction now. I have a local realtor on the ground now and he drove by today to a dirt lot with maybe footers he can’t tell. A project to be done in six-eight weeks is now a dirt lot almost eight months later.
@Steve K. I know he’s ripping people off and I think he will he sued a lot, but is there anything criminal here? I don’t think this is madolf type level. I’m no legal expert but if he’s got an army of attorneys anything is possible
It sure looks like a Ponzi scheme to me. He's paying old investors rent on vacant properties from the rehab money he collects from new investors and doesn't do the rehab. That's pretty criminal.
Rental Property Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2015 · 401 posts · 221 votes
8y
I keep hearing about this company, and seems like most of the victims are just whinnying and don’t take much action. Have you guys at least attempt to get in touch? Create a Facebook page or a google spreadsheet to keep track of all the victims? and file a class action lawsuit together? At this scale, have any of you attempted to call the newspaper or tv station’s investigation unit? Heck, any of you pack some heat and go find this guy?
Lol, If Clayton misses being on FOX it's ok because it sounds like he is gonna be staring in a new tv show....American Greed.......Maybe even COPS who knows. lol.
I keep hearing about this company, and seems like most of the victims are just whinnying and don’t take much action. Have you guys at least attempt to get in touch? Create a Facebook page or a google spreadsheet to keep track of all the victims? and file a class action lawsuit together? At this scale, have any of you attempted to call the newspaper or tv station’s investigation unit? Heck, any of you pack some heat and go find this guy?
I believe all of the above is happening.. majority of the victims here ( and I call them that because that's what I believe they are ) are just learning of this.. and once they get with legal council I am fairly certain that they will instructed to stay off of social media.
the Sad part is Morris is now throwing the ground partner under the bus.. Boy if I was a ground partner of his in any other market I would be telling him to stop selling my product.. anything goes sideways and of course its not his fault.
when in fact Morris's whole presentation is full of his opinions that are contrary to good business practices or reality to anyone with any kind of experience in the space.
Everyone reading this should go report their YouTube channel as a scam. If enough people do, maybe YouTube will finally take it down. Kills me to think there are still people out there purchasing from these scammers. How many people need to get ripped off before they get shut down?
I estimate over 1000. At least 500 have already been massively ripped off..
Everyone reading this should go report their YouTube channel as a scam. If enough people do, maybe YouTube will finally take it down. Kills me to think there are still people out there purchasing from these scammers. How many people need to get ripped off before they get shut down?
I estimate over 1000. At least 500 have already been massively ripped off..
For Morris this is shaping up as a legal defense well in excess of 500k and probably would not be shocked if over 1 million.
Lender · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2015 · 151 posts · 41 votes
8y
Very sad to hear about the folks that trusted and invested with Clayton Morris. More due diligence is needed when investing out of state, that is for sure.