Purchased off the MLS. Cosmetic remodel including paint, minor drywall work, flooring, lights, appliances, water heater all new cabinetry, counter tops, fixtures and moldings. Work was preformed by myself on the weekends.
What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?
Easy flip for my first flip and the numbers just made sense. Something I could do wile working a full time job. Most important was being able to spend quality time with my father working on this. I almost turned this deal down due to time analysis paralysis and I changed my mind after thinking about how I will not get this kind of time spent with my father as it is not always guaranteed.
How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?
Looks fantastic. One question, you say you invested $13k into the deal, but financed it with cash. Do you mean you paid $97,500 cash then put $13,000 into the remodel?
Rental Property Investor · Liberty Lake, WA · Member since 2016 · 56 posts · 39 votes
7y
@Ryan J. Shope Hi Ryan I paid cash for the the Condo including the materials. $97,500 for condo and another 13K for materials. total investment $110,500
Rental Property Investor · Liberty Lake, WA · Member since 2016 · 56 posts · 39 votes
7y
@Ryan J. Shope We held the property for basically 3 months working pretty much on weekends when holidays and kids events didn't get in the way. When we were done and listed the condo on the MLS we were in contract with a backup offer in less than 24 hours.
Jeff, did you keep track of your carrying costs for the 3 months that you owned the home? Realtor fees? Insurance fees? Interest (if your cash was thru a private money lender)? If so, can you please share.
Rental Property Investor · Liberty Lake, WA · Member since 2016 · 56 posts · 39 votes
7y
@Nathan McLeod Hi Nathan, HOA's, power bill and insurance was all included in the 13k I listed. What I did not mention and include in my numbers to be more accurate was the buyers agents 3% ,closing costs, 1.28% excise tax and on top of that the good ole income tax I will pay at the end of the year.
Rental Property Investor · Liberty Lake, WA · Member since 2016 · 56 posts · 39 votes
7y
@Mica Moore Hi Mica, Wife is an agent so saved that 3% commission. Buyers agents 3% ,closing costs, 1.28% excise tax on the 139,900 and on top of that the good ole income tax I will pay at the end of the year.
Rental Property Investor · Walla Walla, WA · Member since 2016 · 480 posts · 346 votes
7y
@Jeff Wittig, CONGRATS man! The flip turned out GR8! All of those long weekends and runs to the store to pick up all the stuff you forgot are over! At least until your next one! Great job man thanks for sharing and hope to link up in Spokane one of these days. Here is to wishing you nothing but continued success in your REI ventures!
@Mica Moore Hi Mica, Wife is an agent so saved that 3% commission. Buyers agents 3% ,closing costs, 1.28% excise tax on the 139,900 and on top of that the good ole income tax I will pay at the end of the year.
Congrats on your first flip. Have you caught the bug -- will there be more?
Rental Property Investor · Liberty Lake, WA · Member since 2016 · 56 posts · 39 votes
7y
Minor details but I noticed I Mentioned 1.28% state excise tax and forgot to add half a percent for the city of Spokane Valley for a total excise tax of 1.78%