13 units in 13 months

13 units in 13 months

Rental Property Investor · Alexandria, MN · Member since 2018 · 45 posts · 44 votes

What a fun first year it has been!!! Just closed on my 5th property yesterday putting me at 13 units in 13 months. Hard to think how it was before all this fun began. I told my wife today “I wonder what I’d be doing with any of my free time if we didn’t have these rentals now” at times it’s like a 2nd full time job but most the time it’s a nice hobby. Busy busy as times as we have an almost 4 year old and 10 month old but it’s all for my family, and the future I want for my wife and I and especially our two girls. I’ve learned so much over the past year it’s crazy. I’m doing so much different then when I started. Learning more each and every week. Listening to pod cast and listening to audio books now. Every little bit I can pick up on is helping me carve my way! It’s become a part of me and I can’t seem to stop looking for properties even tho I’ve finally come to a point where I have to become way more creative with financing...... 3 of the five properties I’ve purchased were off market deals. Network network network it’s so much fun meeting people and it helps you construct who you want to be as an investor. I’ve met so many great people in so many ways (example the pest control guy who treated bed bugs in one of my properties is now waiting for me to get financing to purchase two of his duplexes off market.) now to find a creative way to pull it off. Can’t wait to see where this adventure takes me next!!!

Aaron Harren

2Reply
40 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 9k+ votes
6y

Congrats man . You are killing it !set a big goal now much bigger than you first thought maybe 50 properties for next year

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2019 · 290 posts · 253 votes
    6y

    @Aaron Harren Congrats! That's an awesome feat. Looking for properties definitely becomes addictive. I've done the same as you (I'm not at 13 yet LOL) - listened to podcasts every chance I get, spending hours analyzing deals and networking and just learning everything I can soak up. I started in August and have one property so far, one that just got under contract, and a couple offers out there. real Estate is just so exciting!

    Anyways, great job you're doing!

  • Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    6y

    Congrats man . You are killing it !set a big goal now much bigger than you first thought maybe 50 properties for next year

  • Rental Property Investor · Ankeny, IA · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    @Aaron Harren . Great job! Share with the community how you have managed to pull off purchase/financing for all these properties in such a short period of time. When I ran out of personal funds, I took on two partners and formed an LLC, and then we bought two duplexes in the past 8 months. 33% of those deals was better than 100% of no deals.

  • Real Estate Agent · Kansas City · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    @Aaron Harren curious as the strategy you used? Did you do BRRR?

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    how to do that? pls share.

  • Kingsland, TX · Member since 2018 · 164 posts · 86 votes
    6y

    Wow, @Aaron Harren! What an accomplishment! I would love to hear about how you financed your deals. Keep up the good work!

  • Rental Property Investor · Alexandria, MN · Member since 2018 · 45 posts · 44 votes
    6y

    @Caleb Brown I used and equity line for my down payments and found a bank willing to work with me. I didn’t necessarily Brrrr but I have had a handful of projects that will be bringing great value to the properties. In 2020 I plan on starting to do some cash out refinancing on some of the properties to either pay down the equity line or for another property!

  • Rental Property Investor · Alexandria, MN · Member since 2018 · 45 posts · 44 votes
    6y

    @Lauren Juarez I took out a HELOC on our primary and used that for my down payments. Then I found a bank willing to work with me. In 2020 I want to start doing some cash out refinancing on some of the properties to help pay down the HELOC or maybe to buy another property!

  • Kingsland, TX · Member since 2018 · 164 posts · 86 votes
    6y

    @Aaron Harren, thanks for sharing!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.