Moving to the US, which State?

Moving to the US, which State?

Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 3 votes

Hello there, I'm planning to move to the US next year (at 22 yo) and start investing in real estate. My main occupation is working online, so I can work from anywhere. 

Given that I'd love living summer year-round and staying close to the beaches I'm considering moving to Florida, do you guys think it is a good place to start investing in rental properties? If not, can you suggest any other State/City, please?

I'm opened to suggestions.

The areas I've taken into consideration so far are Tampa and Miami Area.

3Reply
113 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2013 · 8k+ posts · 10k+ votes
6y

If you can choose from the whole US. Pick good weather and no state income tax. Nevada, Texas or Florida. All are decent for landlord tenant law as well. 

See this reply in the discussion

34 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Deerwood, MN · Member since 2014 · 184 posts · 122 votes
    6y

    Cold and snowy 

  • Jordan MoorheadBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    @Filippo Baldo move to Tampa. Great market that is growing quickly.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Filippo Baldo I’m in fort myers, it’s beautiful and a lot of cheap smaller areas and reich big areas as well

  • Stetson MillerBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2019 · 576 posts · 423 votes
    6y

    @Noah Nelson @Filippo Baldo I can second Fort Myers as well. On top of being a great investment itself, Bradenton is an hour north and Tampa is 2 hours north. Miami is about 2 hours east depending on where you're going, all with great cities to invest in in between! Because of this, I really think Fort Myers is one of the best locations to live in because it will put you within a 2 hour drive of some of the best investment cities in Florida.

  • Rental Property Investor · Twin Cities, MN · Member since 2019 · 122 posts · 150 votes
    6y

    @Filippo Baldo

    Snowy at the moment.

    & cold.

    & inflated.

  • Real Estate Agent · Melbourne, FL · Member since 2016 · 40 posts · 10 votes
    6y

    @Filippo Baldo

    Brevard County, FL.

    Great weather, booming economy and reasonably priced investment properties.

  • Rental Property Investor · Waupaca, WI · Member since 2018 · 89 posts · 30 votes
    6y

    Beware of FL hurricane season.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Seattle WA | Miami FL &|Ft. Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2019 · 95 posts · 29 votes
    6y

    Hi Filippo!! Sei italiano??

    I am a local realtor/investor in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale areas so please feel free to ask me any questions! I will send you a message now.

  • Member since 2020 · 24 posts · 17 votes
    5y

    @Filippo Baldo Florida 100%

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.