COVID eviction moratorium in LA County ending Dec. 31 2022

COVID eviction moratorium in LA County ending Dec. 31 2022

JD MartinBusiness Member
Moderator
Rock Star Extraordinaire · Northeast, TN · Member since 2015 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes

Article here: https://laist.com/news/housing...

I have to say the following made me laugh out loud:

"Many homelessness policy experts credit local eviction protections and
bans on rent increases with reducing the number of Angelenos falling
into homelessness during the pandemic."

Well yeah - if you just house the homeless in someone else's property at someone else's cost, of course homelessness should decrease!

Skyline Properties
View Page
3Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

I​nvestor & Agent · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
3y

That’s INSANE. Our eviction ban has been lifted for a long, long time. 

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2018 · 97 posts · 61 votes
    3y

    Yeah its pretty crazy that not having to pay rent can be reframed as preventing homelessness. 

  • I​nvestor & Agent · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    That’s INSANE. Our eviction ban has been lifted for a long, long time. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    The fact that they still have an eviction moratorium in place is wild. I wonder why many people that live there choose to invest OOS?

  • Specialist · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2009 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    3y

    I thought  read an article that said it’s been extended to sometime in February. No wait actually I stand corrected the ending of January 2023

     check out the article 

    https://2urbangirls.com/2022-1...

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.