Upstate NY · Member since 2024 · 72 posts · 85 votes
I think the more interesting aspect of this entire decision is with the Buyer's agents. Here in NY, not many, if any, use one. People scour the online ads, Pennysaver, lawn signs, etc., and contact the agent. I'd be curious to hear from the pros on how this law will affect this group of agents and how folks like me, who will be using a flat-fee agency, should handle working with them when it comes to commissions?
Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
2y
Quote from @Account Closed:
I think the more interesting aspect of this entire decision is with the Buyer's agents. Here in NY, not many, if any, use one. People scour the online ads, Pennysaver, lawn signs, etc., and contact the agent. I'd be curious to hear from the pros on how this law will affect this group of agents and how folks like me, who will be using a flat-fee agency, should handle working with them when it comes to commissions?
The technique you describe is a terrible choice! The agent listed on the sign represents the Seller, which means they can't provide full service to you as a buyer. It's a great way to screw yourself out of appropriate representation.