Facebook PPC to find sellers?

Facebook PPC to find sellers?

Investor · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2013 · 84 posts · 26 votes

I was thinking about testing some FB ads, using some "we buy houses for cash" type messaging. I'm curious if anyone else has tested this and seen any notable results?

1Reply
82 views

Most Popular Reply

Dev HornPro Member
Flipper/Rehabber · Arlington, TX · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
10y

Facebook is indeed a terrible investment for RE investors looking for motivated sellers.  Any DISPLAY advertising is a crappy deal, including YouTube.  If you are MAX'ING OUT your Google AdWords (search), then maybe think of those things to extend your branding and offer but your ROI on display will not be good. 

What does work with FB is the actual thing it was made for - social marketing.  People love to see the progress of your rehab(s), they love to see before and after shots of bathrooms and kitchens, they love to hear about a new rental property or house you have to for sale.  For all that stuff we mainly just POST (free) and sometimes BOOST the posts (paid).  Those paid boosts are good to generate more page followers.

I don't think Facebook offers much value for wholesalers who simply post "I will pay cash for your house as-is" over and over.  But for those involved in buying, fixing, and selling houses, it can help to drive awareness and engagement.

See this reply in the discussion

34 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Vendor · Katy, TX · Member since 2015 · 390 posts · 218 votes
    10y

    I just checked, and in the last 7 days my client received 16 leads for ~$200/conversion. Use AdWords to fill the top of the funnel with highly motivated sellers, then remarket the hell out of those folks through Facebook. 

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2012 · 84 posts · 14 votes
    10y

    This post is a good read.  I'm a DM guy that's taking a dive into online marketing, and considering using FB.  I have learned that you can't just push your offer on folks, you have to educate them.  Also, your website has to be able to convert the people that's actually clicking on your site.  A site that educates a seller has a greater chance of converting than a site that only says "submit your property info here".

  • Queens, NY · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    Retarget people who engage with native content. Create content that only a target niche audience will find value in then retarget them with more content that explains who your company is, the benefits of working with you and how much faster and easier it is to have you solve their problem. You can even teach them how to solve it themselves but make choosing you the clear option to save time, money and stress.

  • Rental Property Investor · Saint Cloud, WI · Member since 2016 · 186 posts · 63 votes
    9y
    Hi everyone, I've read all of the posts and have owned businesses that use both ppc as well Facebook. One business startup was a fitness gym which rolled out only via Facebook ads. A huge find! It grew huge by Facebook alone! Has anyone tried locating opportunities via Facebook ads specifically asking those on Facebook to tell them about run down or vacant homes in their neighborhoods? My thinking is, people don't want vacant homes near them. People fear break ins or other negative factors due to run down homes in their neighborhoods. Shrubs and grass over growing everything makes for an eyesore. Soon vandals appear. I don't know if a finders fee or referral fee can be paid, but it adds value for the Facebook ad! Has anyone tried this approach? Is it legal? Thoughts?
  • Specialist · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 12 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    This thread is exactly where i need to be as a new investor who is determined to make Facebook work for consistent lead generation. 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Denver, CO · Member since 2015 · 134 posts · 61 votes
    9y

    I have ran hundreds of Facebook ads but none toward motivated sellers in distressed properties.  I do think with the correct targeting and marketing it could be very beneficial.  The trick with Facebook ads is to test a'lot of different things and compile what works into a single strategy.  My suggestion would be to focus on neighborhoods and market like crazy to those neighborhoods.  You can target by zip code. I would simply target Homeowners who are looking to move.  You could also try narrowing down even further into financial parameters with household income targeting.

    You also have to look at what your ad itself says. What colors is it? What message are you trying to portray? Advertising online is all about being creative.  I've found that asking questions and using red, orange, and green colors work great as they catch the eye from the Facebook blue.  Also using video works well.  

    I would try setting up a series of ads over a 2-3 month period. For instance have two different ads going the first week two different the second and so on.  The more pieces of content people see helps with conversions. Studies say the average online conversion takes 11 pieces of content from a business before they make a conversion. I would first use education based marketing ads, then move into ads about your company, and finally I would run ads asking to buy their home.  

    I've always believed that if you can be in front of them in several places your credibility and trust factor goes way up increasing your chances to get the call and win over the deal. Chances are majority of these folks know they need to sell and have been looking for other areas to live around the web. If you have bandit signs, door hangers, mailers, and you're cold calling, door knocking, and running Facebook ads you will see results. Use Facebook to educate your audience and then real them in.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Denver, CO · Member since 2015 · 134 posts · 61 votes
    9y

    Shane,

    Anyway you could share your ad, targeting, and lead funnel for this? That's honestly pretty impressive if you can get conversions out of every few calls. The best marketing you set up and just let run!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.