How to get divorce leads

How to get divorce leads

Real Estate Investor · Hollywood, FL · Member since 2008 · 35 posts · 8 votes

Can anyone tell me how to get divorce leads?

I heard you can get them via the courthouse but is there a way that I can get them online via a service or something?

2Reply
195 views

Most Popular Reply

Wholesaler · Boise, ID · Member since 2008 · 40 posts · 21 votes
18y

Divorce seller leads have been some of my best leads and deals. Here are three great ways to generate leads from people going through a divorce.

Post an advertisement in your local grade school news letter.
Approximately 43% of marriages end in divorce. That means almost 50% of married couples are going to go through a divorce some time in their life. When you post a advertisement in you local grade school news letter. The children bring the news letter home to their parents and the parents contact you. My advertisement directs them to my website that has a specific page for couples going through a divorce

Direct mail to quit claim deeds
Approx. 20% of my leads from my direct mail campaign to quit claim deeds are from people going through a divorce. Most of the time I am contacted from the person who decided to keep the house and now they understand they can no longer afford it.

Internet
When people are looking at ways to sell their house when going through a divorce, 90% of them turn to the internet to determine their selling option. Be the person on the other end of their search. I have a web page that is specific for people going through a divorce.

I hope this helps.
Thanks,

See this reply in the discussion

30 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Boonies, PA · Member since 2008 · 333 posts · 15 votes
    18y

    I just know of the courthouse. They mail them to me ever month. I have to pay for the paper and mailing. about $1 a month.

    Good luck

  • Real Estate Investor · Hollywood, FL · Member since 2008 · 35 posts · 8 votes
    18y

    I will look into this.

  • Real Estate Investor · London · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 74 votes
    18y

    Think about the process.

    A divorce is a legal process. For there to be a divorce action is required by the court. You can wait until something is filed at the court or you can try to market to people before they get to that stage (sellers who are breaking up).

    John Corey

  • Boonies, PA · Member since 2008 · 333 posts · 15 votes
    18y
    Originally posted by "REI":
    Think about the process.

    A divorce is a legal process. For there to be a divorce action is required by the court. You can wait until something is filed at the court or you can try to market to people before they get to that stage (sellers who are breaking up).

    John Corey

    Can you explain that comment a little more. "Marketing to people that are breaking up"? I'm interested on how you would go about doing this.

  • Real Estate Investor · London · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 74 votes
    18y
    Originally posted by "mach":

    Can you explain that comment a little more. "Marketing to people that are breaking up"? I'm interested on how you would go about doing this.

    There is no list of people having issues. Like most marketing you have to find ways to identify those who are more likely to fit the profile. Or you market to service providers who have contact with the target group. This assumes that referrals are allowed in the sector.

    Because there is no list brokers or court house records you will have an upper hand compared to those who are not as creative and focused on proven results. See my comment later about testing.

    Marketing.

    Marketing professionals who have decades of experience generally tell you to create ad copy that speaks directly to those who you want to reach. You use words and statements that will ring true to them. You do not know who in the crowd will respond but if they see the message you want it to motivate them to contact you. Similar to how you notice things that you never noticed before until you had a need.

    I do not market do people having marriage difficulties. I focus mostly on REOs and other things as I prefer not to deal with emotional sellers. That said the marketing I have seen for similar groups is best delivered to a farm area or by using signage, radio spots and TV ads.

    Thinking out of the box: One idea is to park van with shrike wrapped advertising in Walmart parking lots that offers 30 minuets of free advice for people in financial or personal difficulty. Many people facing divorce are having other issues. You can refer out those who need something you can not offer.

    Or run ads in the paper where divorce attorneys and bankruptcy attorneys advertise.

    The secret with any advertising is to test, test, test as you need to know what works and what does not. If 2% is good and you are getting 3% then keep up the advertising assuming your cost per lead is less than the profits produced.

    Backing up a bit. Do not focus too much on complex ways to do deals. Some folks just get a list from the title company of homes that have gone into foreclosure. They send out letters like other investors in their area. They get a few deals done each year and are happy with the results. How many deals do you need to make a profit?

    John Corey

  • Wholesaler · Boise, ID · Member since 2008 · 40 posts · 21 votes
    18y

    Divorce seller leads have been some of my best leads and deals. Here are three great ways to generate leads from people going through a divorce.

    Post an advertisement in your local grade school news letter.
    Approximately 43% of marriages end in divorce. That means almost 50% of married couples are going to go through a divorce some time in their life. When you post a advertisement in you local grade school news letter. The children bring the news letter home to their parents and the parents contact you. My advertisement directs them to my website that has a specific page for couples going through a divorce

    Direct mail to quit claim deeds
    Approx. 20% of my leads from my direct mail campaign to quit claim deeds are from people going through a divorce. Most of the time I am contacted from the person who decided to keep the house and now they understand they can no longer afford it.

    Internet
    When people are looking at ways to sell their house when going through a divorce, 90% of them turn to the internet to determine their selling option. Be the person on the other end of their search. I have a web page that is specific for people going through a divorce.

    I hope this helps.
    Thanks,

  • Real Estate Investor · Hollywood, FL · Member since 2008 · 35 posts · 8 votes
    18y

    Expert,

    That is fantastic information! I saved it and will for pursue this. Thanks again!

  • Real Estate Agent · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2008 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    18y

    I am very interesting in exploring this as well.

    I wonder how much of a difference there is (in number) of divorce buyers to divorce sellers?

    I would think that at least one of the couple would want to buy another house as well.

  • Member since 2008 · 83 posts · 3 votes
    18y

    I run this commercial during Oprah and Jerry Springer

    http://www.ibuyhouses-inc.com/divorce_30.wmv

  • Real Estate Consultant · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2008 · 20 posts · 3 votes
    18y

    I have never found a better way than to go to the courthouse, but it's extremely time consuming.

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2009 · 717 posts · 50 votes
    17y

    How can you get quitclaim deed leads?

  • Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    17y

    Just go hang out in bars!!! You can sometimes find out in advance!! Rich, married for 39 years, most of it happily...

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    17y

    Thats funny Rich - kill two birds with one stone - get future divorce leads and take down a few cocktails!
    A sure Win - Win

  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    A few buddies of mine were musing about the prospect of hiring prostitutes to cause a divorce to get first leads on the property. We're going to have a 10k weekend bootcamp on the technique. We call it "Whoresaling 101".

  • Altus, OK · Member since 2008 · 2k+ posts · 690 votes
    17y

    Here is what you do. Get some tickets to the court show Divorce Court and after the taping start handing out your business card to the prospects :mrgreen:

    And Tim I've tried the Whoresaling technique and found out it only works for high priced call girls and it got expensive :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    17y

    How did this thread get turned into teh comdey hour so fast? You all are hardly answering the original posters question (which I am assiming is in search of real answers).
    Don't get me wrong, I love comedy just as much as the next guy, but it is only fair to get back on track for the sake of teh original question.

    And so . . . . how does one get divorece leads (for real)?

  • Altus, OK · Member since 2008 · 2k+ posts · 690 votes
    17y

    Well considering that this thread is almost 2 years old we assume that the original thread starter found the answers he was seeking so everyone else went off topic.

    But going back to the original question probably the best leads for divorce lie in divorce lawyers. Find one,build up a relationship with the lawyer and than get some leads from him/her.

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    17y

    Good eye James, I missed that detail. I wish the date for the start of the thread topic was more apparent, at any rate, thanks anyways for bringing it back on topic, I am sure there are others who wanted to know anyway.

    Will B
    Nationwide

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    17y

    Divorce prospects are in the bottom of the top 10 of the prospect groups...

    Personally I would spend money else where first. Your Center of Influence list is a better list by far

  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Michael Quarles:

    Divorce prospects are in the bottom of the top 10 of the prospect groups...

     Truth.  Just because someone's getting a divorce doesn't mean they own a house.  Beyond that a bank foreclosure is still my best lead for anything.  Think of it as a divorce between the owner and the bank.

    Yeah I just resurrected an old thread.  Deal with it.  :-)

  • Investor · Green Bay, WI · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    lol

  • Vancouver, WA · Member since 2015 · 98 posts · 46 votes
    10y
  • Bulawayo, Zimbabwe · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 253 votes
    10y

    creativity at work @Shaun Greer.

  • Wholesaler · Corsicana, TX · Member since 2015 · 46 posts · 28 votes
    9y

    rebogateway.com

  • Investor · Westport, MA · Member since 2016 · 87 posts · 9 votes
    9y

    @Shaun Greer, looking at you post for 9 years ago.  I am trying to create my direct mail campaign for Quit Claim deeds.  I'm wondering if you have a source other than the Registry of deeds to get your Quit Claim deed data?  Also, when searching for QC deeds what is the age of the filing which you target?  For instance, do you look for deeds which have been recorded more than 10 years ago, or look for current?

    Thanks,  

    Mike 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.