How to get divorce leads

How to get divorce leads

Real Estate Investor · Hollywood, FL · Member since 2008 · 35 posts · 8 votes

Can anyone tell me how to get divorce leads?

I heard you can get them via the courthouse but is there a way that I can get them online via a service or something?

2Reply
201 views

Most Popular Reply

Wholesaler · Boise, ID · Member since 2008 · 40 posts · 21 votes
18y

Divorce seller leads have been some of my best leads and deals. Here are three great ways to generate leads from people going through a divorce.

Post an advertisement in your local grade school news letter.
Approximately 43% of marriages end in divorce. That means almost 50% of married couples are going to go through a divorce some time in their life. When you post a advertisement in you local grade school news letter. The children bring the news letter home to their parents and the parents contact you. My advertisement directs them to my website that has a specific page for couples going through a divorce

Direct mail to quit claim deeds
Approx. 20% of my leads from my direct mail campaign to quit claim deeds are from people going through a divorce. Most of the time I am contacted from the person who decided to keep the house and now they understand they can no longer afford it.

Internet
When people are looking at ways to sell their house when going through a divorce, 90% of them turn to the internet to determine their selling option. Be the person on the other end of their search. I have a web page that is specific for people going through a divorce.

I hope this helps.
Thanks,

See this reply in the discussion

30 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Westport, MA · Member since 2016 · 87 posts · 9 votes
    9y

    @Michael Quarles, just wondering if you would share your opinion on the top 10 type of leads to market to motivated sellers?

    Regards,

      Mike

  • Real Estate Broker · Chicago · Member since 2021 · 108 posts · 23 votes
    4y

    For most real estate agents, the idea of getting leads from a courthouse sounds like an easy way to get free leads. But is it really that simple? The short answer is no. Not all divorce records are public and not all public divorce records can be used for marketing purposes. That's why even paying monthly fee for unlimited access to public divorce records database will not always bring your qualified leads. 

  • Wholesaler · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2015 · 398 posts · 679 votes
    4y

    @Grigory Pekarsky I know some non-disclosure states are very reluctant to provide investors with homeowners' information for marketing purposes. I haven't had any issues getting divorce leads, though. I've had issues getting water shutoff records and code violations. For divorce leads, I go through Rebogateway. I haven't had any issues in the last 4 years using them but I'm not pulling a ton of divorce leads, though. I'll keep my eye out on this going forward. This is good to know.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    4y

    The divorce list is a bad list. Data proves this!

  • Jacob CamhiBusiness Member
    Hinton, WV · Member since 2026 · 132 posts · 40 votes
    6mo

    I know this thread is really old, but I stumbled on it and thought it was interesting to see where things were back then compared to what I have seen more recently.

    Divorce leads can absolutely work, but in my experience the timing and data quality are what make or break it. A lot of the “divorce lists” out there are pretty rough. I have seen stuff where a divorce from 7+ years ago still shows up like it is a fresh lead but it's totally resolved and the property is not even in play.

    The useful moments live in actual court records.

    What's helped me is:

    • - learning how divorce cases are structured in my state
    • - figuring out which documents actually signal “a sale is likely” and when
    • - building outreach around events within the case instead of blasting everyone who just has a divorce flag

    You end up reaching fewer people, but in my experience the ones you do talk to are much more likely to need a solution.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.